Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

14 hours ago, the admiral said:

If you're sensitive to the existence of the Washington Bullets because gun violence exists, you have the mind of a child. It just meant they were really fast! The logos didn't even have anything to do with bullets from the time they moved from Baltimore to DC -- maybe that's why they sold so poorly by the mid-'90s.

17 hours ago, the admiral said:

So no more Superman, no more bullet trains, no more bulletpoints? You're too woke, go back to bed.

Funny, when you're the one acting childish by insulting people when we're trying to have a civil discussion.

"Bullet" in our modern society is only rarely and colloquially used in the manner you're discussing.

In almost all instances the term "Bullet" in most people's minds will automatically reference the projectile fired from guns.

People are acting like Washington Bullets is a good name. Even taking away the controversial stuff surrounding it, it's not. Washington Wizards sounds so much better than Washington Bullets.

13 hours ago, OaklandIsBack said:

The Warriors released their uniform schedule for the full season. Here's the breakdown

Association- 28

Icon- 13

Statement- 14

Classic- 13

and a yet to be released jersey- 14

includes stretches of 9 straight (12/29-1/13) and 10 straight (2/6-3/2) games wearing alternates

Are they seriously gonna wear the Chinese New Year alts 14 Times?

Wonder how the breakdown looks for other teams. GSW just about evenly broke the season into sixths, with the homes getting two sixths.

Wonder how the breakdown looks for other teams. GSW just about evenly broke the season into sixths, with the homes getting two sixths.

3 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

I liked the old one better

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed to find out they strayed away from the original rainbow skyline. They had one of the best uniforms in the league with that look.

On 12/2/2017 at 4:19 PM, DG_Now said:

DC United does a good job incorporating DC iconography without being over the top RWB:

new%20logo.png

Unfortunately, there's a hint of Third Reich, so you win some and lose some.

Honestly it's more than a hint. Always been a really bad look because of that in my opinion. Black/red/white + eagle no thanks

19 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

I liked the old one better

The skyline design just looks unfinished with plain yellow buildings on top of white mountains.  Looks cheap.  

On 12/3/2017 at 12:31 AM, OaklandIsBack said:

The Warriors released their uniform schedule for the full season. Here's the breakdown

Association- 28

Icon- 13

Statement- 14

Classic- 13

and a yet to be released jersey- 14

includes stretches of 9 straight (12/29-1/13) and 10 straight (2/6-3/2) games wearing alternates

Is there a link for this?

10 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

If the Cavs' game preview image on social media is accurate (and it usually is), I think we are getting Cavs in black vs Bulls in red tonight in Chicago.

Makes sense, I think.

On 12/2/2017 at 5:24 AM, keynote said:

I get why folks not from the Mid-Atlantic would find the name Go-Go odd.  The musical genre hasn't had a crossover hit since the '80s (DJ Kool started out in go-go, but his "Let Me Clear My Throat" single was just go-go style call and response over a hip-hop track).  But local reaction to the Capital City Go-Go team name appears to be almost universally positive -- if Twitter and internet comment sections are any indication.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/12/01/bustin-loose-wizards-name-new-g-league-affiliate-the-capital-city-go-go/?sw_bypass=true&utm_term=.de18443cca99

https://www.bulletsforever.com/2017/12/1/16724834/g-league-washington-wizards#comments

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1643333

And, here's a look at the rest of the logo package.  I like everything except for the primary.

screen_shot_2017-12-01_at_5.38.13_pm.png

This is fantastic. The word mark is whatever, but the rest of it is so inspired. Wale must be proud. The Go-Go sound is so DC so what a great way to deviate from typical capital imagery. This is So Hip Hop and I love it.

I really like what the G League is doing with some of these identities. They just feel right in the way a lot of minor league baseball teams do.

43 minutes ago, Lee Noire said:

This is fantastic. The word mark is whatever, but the rest of it is so inspired. Wale must be proud. The Go-Go sound is so DC so what a great way to deviate from typical capital imagery. This is So Hip Hop and I love it.

I really like what the G League is doing with some of these identities. They just feel right in the way a lot of minor league baseball teams do.

I feel the same way. It's minor league, it should be fun and shouldn't be taken too seriously. 

2 hours ago, kimball said:

I feel the same way. It's minor league, it should be fun and shouldn't be taken too seriously. 

A fun idea would be to think about how bad the NFL would screw up a minor league. The team names would be so lifeless and uninspired. All the commonly suggested names/Madden options would just be real, with boring logos.

San Antonio Desperados

Columbus Union

London Monarchs

Oklahoma City Bandits

Orlando Dream

etc.

11 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

A fun idea would be to think about how bad the NFL would screw up a minor league. The team names would be so lifeless and uninspired. All the commonly suggested names/Madden options would just be real, with boring logos.

San Antonio Desperados

Columbus Union

London Monarchs

Oklahoma City Bandits

Orlando Dream

etc.

NFL would be smart to just bring back the WLAF teams and a few of the XFL teams.  

12 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

San Antonio Desperados

Columbus Union

London Monarchs

Oklahoma City Bandits

Orlando Dream

etc.

The culture around football pretty much insists on joylessness. Football at any level must be treated as serious and important. That the Iowa Barnstormers existed with that name and that look is pretty amazing considering football.

The imaginatively named G-League teams are good. On the other hand, there's the Windy City Bulls.

21 minutes ago, RichO said:

The culture around football pretty much insists on joylessness. Football at any level must be treated as serious and important. That the Iowa Barnstormers existed with that name and that look is pretty amazing considering football.

The imaginatively named G-League teams are good. On the other hand, there's the Windy City Bulls.

Agreed. There are several G-League teams that are pretty brutal as well. 905, Blue, Armor....

21 minutes ago, RichO said:

I'd like to see an original nickname from the teams named after their parent club. Hopefully that's where we're heading with the G-League.

And, I'm not counting the Clippers' corporate sponsor or the Raptors' area code name.

Long Island Nets

Raptors 905

Westchester Knicks

Windy City Bulls

Lakeland Magic

Iowa Wolves

Austin Spurs

Agua Caliente Clippers

Northern Arizona Suns

Santa Cruz Warriors

South Bay Lakers