Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

Nice throwback vs. throwback matchup in Miami last night:

getty-images-885004806.jpg?itok=cpZvgp3q

Of course the original uniforms these are both based on were never actually worn against each other, as the final season the Warriors wore that particular uniform was ‘86/87, and the Heat’s first season in the league wasn’t until ‘88/89, but it was nice to see a matchup of throwbacks from around the same era.

3 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Of course the original uniforms these are both based on were never actually worn against each other, as the final season the Warriors wore that particular uniform was ‘86/87, and the Heat’s first season in the league wasn’t until ‘88/89, but it was nice to see a matchup of throwbacks from around the same era.

I love those Heat ones...but I like the red versions better. 

3 hours ago, OaklandIsBack said:

They posted it on instagram a few days ago, although now it appears to have been deleted 

Lame.  I was looking forward to adding the dates to the tracker I have.  Looks like I have to do it the way I have been doing it since the start of the season.

2 hours ago, coachcw_51 said:

Agreed. There are several G-League teams that are pretty brutal as well. 905, Blue, Armor....

"Raptors 905" still makes my brain throb.  Imagine:

"So you're the 905, and you play in Raptors?  Where's that?"

"No, 905 is the area code for suburban Greater Toronto, where our parent club, the Toronto Raptors, play."

"So you play in suburban Toronto?"

"No, we play in Mississauga."

*cricket chirp*

*long pause*

"That's dumb."

4 minutes ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

"Raptors 905" still makes my brain throb.  Imagine:

"So you're the 905, and you play in Raptors?  Where's that?"

"No, 905 is the area code for suburban Greater Toronto, where our parent club, the Toronto Raptors, play."

"So you play in suburban Toronto?"

"No, we play in Mississauga."

*cricket chirp*

*long pause*

"That's dumb."

Blame Drake.

Now that we're more than 25% of the way through the season, I have uploaded some of the graphs I've put together showing league-wide and team-specific uniform stats to a new flickr page. Feel free to check it out. I've tried uploading a few here but for some reason can't get the URL to upload.

19 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Nerd statement: We may have covered this before, but the black rim logo was never worn on the black shorts, right?  It was always the white rim, IIRC.  But I think the black rim logo with the additional white strokes looks fine, if not better.  

why are throwbacks always better than the current jerseys. i.e. 2017-2018 nike: I like Hornets, Heat, Warriors, Bucks, Suns, and Hawks throwbacks more than the current. Lakers is a toss up cause I love them both, Pacers is a toss up because i like neither of them.

On 12/3/2017 at 2:29 PM, Germanshepherd said:

Are they seriously gonna wear the Chinese New Year alts 14 Times?

LOL I get the "town" jerseys to an extent, but the community jerseys are like the black red and yellow chinese new year jerseys LMAO

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Nerd statement: We may have covered this before, but the black rim logo was never worn on the black shorts, right?  It was always the white rim, IIRC.  But I think the black rim logo with the additional white strokes looks fine, if not better.  

Yes they used White rim logo on black shorts. Anyway this mistake is funny, because Nike was making these Heat uniforms in 90's so they should know how to make it correct.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Huh.

Yup, you seem to be correct ...

glen-rice-of-the-miami-heat-shoots-again

Yet, the logo would be the correct one for their red alternates ...

tim-hardaway-dan-majerle-and-issac-austi

1 hour ago, jmatt116 said:

LOL I get the "town" jerseys to an extent, but the community jerseys are like the black red and yellow chinese new year jerseys LMAO

This year the CNY uniforms are yellow with blue and red accents, not black, red, and yellow.

3 hours ago, coachcw_51 said:

Now that we're more than 25% of the way through the season, I have uploaded some of the graphs I've put together showing league-wide and team-specific uniform stats to a new flickr page. Feel free to check it out. I've tried uploading a few here but for some reason can't get the URL to upload.

Great work. 

16 minutes ago, kimball said:

Huh.

Yup, you seem to be correct ...

glen-rice-of-the-miami-heat-shoots-again

Yet, the logo would be the correct one for their red alternates ...

tim-hardaway-dan-majerle-and-issac-austi

Sort of...this year's throwbacks have the cutout in the rim area, whereas the old alternates had all white twill.

7 hours ago, jmatt116 said:

why are throwbacks always better than the current jerseys. i.e. 2017-2018 nike: I like Hornets, Heat, Warriors, Bucks, Suns, and Hawks throwbacks more than the current. Lakers is a toss up cause I love them both, Pacers is a toss up because i like neither of them.

Because Nike is stupid.

2 hours ago, colortv said:

Heat should go back to this logo:

9e437e6659a1ffe79e08ec5bd401cfcf.jpg

931fa1e64a5cb7ffd1568b2109bfd5c0.image.2

Miami-Heat-Logo-Wallpaper-HD.jpg

The current logo is fine; Heat should just bring back orange and the brighter red.

2 hours ago, colortv said:

Heat should go back to this logo:

9e437e6659a1ffe79e08ec5bd401cfcf.jpg

931fa1e64a5cb7ffd1568b2109bfd5c0.image.2

Miami-Heat-Logo-Wallpaper-HD.jpg

I believe the change was made because they couldn't replicate the gradient well on the merchandise. Graphics wise -- I love the original logo much better than the current one.