NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Everything about the unveilings seems really unorganized. Formal events mixed in with "meh, whenever is good for you."

I hit on a similar thought on the Jazz Twitter Page when their uniforms were released and got roasted for it. Most of the response I got was that people thought the process was “good marketing”. I still think it’s terrible marketing and is unorganized at best, but I guess if most fans are cool with it then whatever.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

27 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

Are there Christmas Jerseys this year?

Nope, but Christmas will probably just be an excuse for teams to flaunt their alternates.

If the unveilings are in a couple of weeks, will any teams wear their fourths for Xmas Day?

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

26 minutes ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Nope, but Christmas will probably just be an excuse for teams to flaunt their alternates.

If the unveilings are in a couple of weeks, will any teams wear their fourths for Xmas Day?

I think the Sixers said they are wearing the thirds on Xmas. I don't know if any other teams announced their jerseys for the day.

YVRMUBj.png

1 hour ago, HighCheese said:

The grizzlies powder blue jerseys now have the last names under the numbers

Did they not originally?  I know there was some confusion about that.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

4 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

The Celtics have announced they will be wearing their fourth uniforms on Christmas.

56 minutes ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Did they not originally?  I know there was some confusion about that.

No this was a change this year. There are a couple other teams -- OKC and ??? that are doing it too with at least their third jerseys.

I can't remember who the third team is? May be just OKC and Memphis?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

9 hours ago, kimball said:

No this was a change this year. There are a couple other teams -- OKC and ??? that are doing it too with at least their third jerseys.

Wouldn't surprise me if Sacramento's light blue city jerseys had the names under numbers.

9 hours ago, kimball said:

This is even a change from when they were introduced. The Grizzlies had the NOB over the numbers when they released info about the uniforms on their website. Sometime between then and the first time they were worn on 11/26 the change was made.

3 hours ago, coachcw_51 said:

This is even a change from when they were introduced. The Grizzlies had the NOB over the numbers when they released info about the uniforms on their website. Sometime between then and the first time they were worn on 11/26 the change was made.

At the Nike unveiling they were under the number. I remember seeing a photo of Conley's back to the camera. Let me hunt it down. It might be in one of these pages.

EDIT: Here is the picture from the Nike unveiling ...

DJ0BOW7U8AAIvys.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

16 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

These Grizzlies photos is on this thread:

And there is no third team at this moment, only OKC and Memphis have NOB under the numbers.

Thanks, I couldn't remember if it was in this thread or elsewhere. As mentioned by @eRay I am also expecting the Kings' baby blue jersey to have NOB under the numbers. Wouldn't be surprised if other teams did it as well for the 4th jerseys.

kimball banner.png

2 hours ago, kimball said:

At the Nike unveiling they were under the number. I remember seeing a photo of Conley's back to the camera. Let me hunt it down. It might be in one of these pages.

DJ0BOW7U8AAIvys.jpg

Interesting. I hadn't seen that. The first time I saw the back of the uniform was on the Grizzlie's website, and that image had NOB above the numbers.

25 minutes ago, coachcw_51 said:

Interesting. I hadn't seen that. The first time I saw the back of the uniform was on the Grizzlie's website, and that image had NOB above the numbers.

That was also just a mockup, not an actual picture of the uniform. As we’ve learned in other instances, mockups aren’t always 100% accurate.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Seeing lakers for first time. The yellow is def lighter, though I probably wouldn’t have noticed if I didn’t read it here. Biggest giveaway is that the numbers are harder to read against the lighter yellow than they were against the oranger shade. I’m not sure which is more “Lakers” - I kinda think the lighter might actually be closer to the Magic days - but those had purple numbers so it didn’t matter. 

Either  way I think they should wear white on the road against dark colored teams, not yellow. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, kimball said:

DJ0BOW7U8AAIvys.jpg

The yoke looks terrible with that stupid scapula shaped seam. Also just noticed that the two three pointed stars have become just a stripe  which bisects near the armpit and the paw ball logo was removed

For reference, how it looked before Nike

632050652-the-washington-wizards-play-th 

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Archived