Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

Just now seeing the new Washington G-League team name, but imagine this; when they play Memphis' team it will be Hustle vs Go-Go. :P

4 minutes ago, coachcw_51 said:

Some teams are scheduled to wear them around Christmas. I'd imagine they'll be released prior to that. The Hawks are planning on releasing their design during halftime of their game on 12/14 according to this article: Jeezy to Partner with Hawks

Maybe it's a bad assumption, but it seems pretty logical that most of the other city unis would be unveiled next week as well.

1 hour ago, coachcw_51 said:

Some teams are scheduled to wear them around Christmas. I'd imagine they'll be released prior to that. The Hawks are planning on releasing their design during halftime of their game on 12/14 according to this article: Jeezy to Partner with Hawks

Great! I guess we are very close to some reveals.

3 hours ago, coachcw_51 said:

Oh, so it's on a team-by-team basis?  Okay.

4 hours ago, coachcw_51 said:

*Jeezy* to partner with the Hawks? 

The Atlanta Hawks have chosen homegrown superstar Jeezy to unveil the club’s Nike “City Edition” jerseys, today announcing the hip-hop titan will debut the new threads during a halftime performance against the Detroit Pistons on Friday, Dec. 14.

A "hip-hop titan"?  I mean, I guess.  I didn't realize he was still a thing.  Either way, he's yet another musician who won't qualify for the infamous "Rockers not Rappers" thread. 

:rolleyes:

46 minutes ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Oh, so it's on a team-by-team basis?  Okay.

It'll be interesting to see how and when all the 4th jerseys will be unveiled, because as noted already the T'Wolves won't wear their gray alts until Feb. 1.

It's safe to assume there won't be a fashion show event like when the third jerseys were unveiled.

5 minutes ago, kimball said:

It'll be interesting to see how and when all the 4th jerseys will be unveiled, because as noted already the T'Wolves won't wear their gray alts until Feb. 1.

It's safe to assume there won't be a fashion show event like when the third jerseys were unveiled.

Everything about the unveilings seems really unorganized. Formal events mixed in with "meh, whenever is good for you."

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Everything about the unveilings seems really unorganized. Formal events mixed in with "meh, whenever is good for you."

I hit on a similar thought on the Jazz Twitter Page when their uniforms were released and got roasted for it. Most of the response I got was that people thought the process was “good marketing”. I still think it’s terrible marketing and is unorganized at best, but I guess if most fans are cool with it then whatever.

27 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

Are there Christmas Jerseys this year?

Nope, but Christmas will probably just be an excuse for teams to flaunt their alternates.

If the unveilings are in a couple of weeks, will any teams wear their fourths for Xmas Day?

26 minutes ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Nope, but Christmas will probably just be an excuse for teams to flaunt their alternates.

If the unveilings are in a couple of weeks, will any teams wear their fourths for Xmas Day?

I think the Sixers said they are wearing the thirds on Xmas. I don't know if any other teams announced their jerseys for the day.

1 hour ago, HighCheese said:

The grizzlies powder blue jerseys now have the last names under the numbers

Did they not originally?  I know there was some confusion about that.

4 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

The Celtics have announced they will be wearing their fourth uniforms on Christmas.

56 minutes ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Did they not originally?  I know there was some confusion about that.

No this was a change this year. There are a couple other teams -- OKC and ??? that are doing it too with at least their third jerseys.

I can't remember who the third team is? May be just OKC and Memphis?