NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

The yoke looks terrible with that stupid scapula shaped seam. Also just noticed that the two three pointed stars have become just a stripe  which bisects near the armpit and the paw ball logo was removed

For reference, how it looked before Nike

632050652-the-washington-wizards-play-th 

The Grizzlies are just competing with themselves to see how boring their jerseys can get.

spacer.png

16 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

The yoke looks terrible with that stupid scapula shaped seam. Also just noticed that the two three pointed stars have become just a stripe  which bisects near the armpit and the paw ball logo was removed

For reference, how it looked before Nike: (IMAGE)

If only Nike had spun it as "the scapula cut and the back yoke combine to form a large 'M' on the back of the jersey to show that the players are always carrying Memphis on their backs."

1 hour ago, eRay said:

If only Nike had spun it as "the scapula cut and the back yoke combine to form a large 'M' on the back of the jersey to show that the players are always carrying Memphis on their backs."

Was actually just about to point this out :lol:

The "M" looks fine in my probably-unpopular-opinion

3 hours ago, MkDon said:

So the Clippers are wearing the blue jerseys at home against the white and red Wizards, when there is no blue on the court... "Good job" NBA. -_-

Just saw the highlights of this...how embarrassing.  It really does look like the Wizards were the home team.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 minutes ago, MkDon said:

6UwMit8.jpg

This is what i was talking about. It's all messed up. Clippers look like the visiting team, and the scoreboard colors are reversed also...<_<

Wearing colors at home doesn't work for the NBA. It's confirmed.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

http://news.sportslogos.net/2017/12/10/new-era-hats-reveal-more-nba-city-edition-uniform-details/ 

so the hats leaked and forget what I said about yellow trim for the rockets, just Chinese New Year.

I was sure the Knicks were going to mail in a navy uniform but that firefighter inspired logo is VERY cool.

Black&Gold for OKC? Are they copying the Raptors Drake stuff or is it going to be a ‘what could have been’ with the Barons?

Clippers bringing back the San Diego Clippers logo is great.

I’m assuming there will be some kind of wolf fur trim on the Wolves.

These uniforms make much more of a ‘Statement’ than the ‘Statement’ ones did, a lot of these look like you’ll either love them or hate them 

07Giants.pngnyy.png

2 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

God that Miami hat is so friggin cool. Also, DC - really not feeling the marble effect. I hope that doesn't make its way onto the jerseys

I don't like the marble effect either.  But, seeing as it's likely to just be part of the trim, I hope it won't be too much of an eyesore.

As I commented on the blog post itself, I noticed that the Wizards' "District" unis will only have one ball dotting an "i" instead of two as depicted in the initial mockup.  That's an improvement; I thought having two balls for "i" dots felt like overkill. 

I still don't like the "of Columbia."

7 hours ago, kimball said:

That's intresting. I didn't know that.

What about caps:

Miami looks dope, I'm not a big fan of alternative courts, but Heat should receive it to match with a uniform and together make this Miami Vice feeling.

Magic cap actually doesn't look bad, but of course it doesn't mean it would look good on a jersey, so we'll see. The same Wizards.

Detroit is lack of red, Spurs isn't black like on mockups and OKC is black instead of gray. Very confusing.

Clippers and San Diego nod works on sleeve jersey, so it should work again.

Pacers will have racing theme, because you can notice checkred flag on brim.

Rockets, another jersey with CNY motive, I hope they'd going with something cool rather than slap Chinese logo on a regular jersey and call it a day.

Knicks with tribute to NYC Firefighters might be a good one.

Hornets, I was expecting a Buzz City jersey.

4r2eer.png

Archived