NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

Is the NBA doing Christmas jerseys again this year? Apologies if this has already been asked. 

I remember hearing no Christmas jerseys this year. Just the 4 or 5 sets of jerseys already announced.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

Dang, this looks to be a little more red than burnt orange. I'm hoping that the actual uniforms are closer to Conrad's mockup. DQz_ssdVoAAuKC6?format=jpg

Go Utes?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

13 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

Dang, this looks to be a little more red than burnt orange. I'm hoping that the actual uniforms are closer to Conrad's mockup. DQz_ssdVoAAuKC6?format=jpg

I actually like this gradient better than his mock up. Flows better. It'll be interesting to see how that gradient will be on a full uniform. Like top red and the shorts yellow with a gradient in between or something. I'm excited to see his updated mock.

2 minutes ago, CLEstones said:

Any idea when the gray "The Land" jersey for the Cavs will be made available?  I'm reallllllllyyyyy trying to get these for all my nephews for Christmas, but don't want to wait much longer.

You probably won't have to. That's exactly the sentiment they're trying to create. No exact date yet for the Cleveland reveal, but merch started leaking yesterday with that design. Expect them to be released just in time for holiday shipping (next 4-5 days).

The Lakers are (unfortunately) wearing yellow tonight at MSG:

DQ4rs0wX4AAQX7m?format=jpg

Dissapointing, although I’m guessing they only packed the yellow uniforms for this four game road trip they’re on right now, as they wore yellow in their last two games, against the Sixers in blue and against the Hornets in purple, and they’ll more than likely wear them in Cleveland on Thursday to close out the trip since the Cavs announced today that they’ll be in black for that game. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, coachcw_51 said:

You probably won't have to. That's exactly the sentiment they're trying to create. No exact date yet for the Cleveland reveal, but merch started leaking yesterday with that design. Expect them to be released just in time for holiday shipping (next 4-5 days).

Anything beyond 4 or 5 days is likely outside the Christmas shipping window.  Seems like a bad idea to wait so long.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

The Lakers are (unfortunately) wearing yellow tonight at MSG:

DQ4rs0wX4AAQX7m?format=jpg

Dissapointing, although I’m guessing they only packed the yellow uniforms for this four game road trip they’re on right now, as they wore yellow in their last two games, against the Sixers in blue and against the Hornets in purple, and they’ll more than likely wear them in Cleveland on Thursday to close out the trip since the Cavs announced today that they’ll be in black for that game. 

If I were colorblind this would drive me nuts.

It's a shame they're wearing yellow so much this road trip, since their purple set actually looks really nice.

Design shouldn't get in the way of clarity, but that's exactly what the new Nike uniform rules have done. They focused so much on changing the rules that they sacrificed ability to easily watch the game. It remains a mess.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

6 hours ago, coachcw_51 said:

Heard from a Person Who Knows Things today that production on the City edition jerseys is delayed. They were supposed to be released at retail this month, but that's not happening now. 

13 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I get the feeling the NBA won't allow that. I find Supreme to be obnoxious.

I dunno.  It *is* a Nike product -- kinda.

http://www.supremenewyork.com/previews/fallwinter2017/accessories/supreme-nike-shooting-sleeve

VLclKggLmjA.jpg

EDIT:  Oubre was wearing a plan leg sleeve in the second half.  Perhaps someone from the league caught it and asked him to change at halftime.

1 hour ago, keynote said:

I dunno.  It *is* a Nike product -- kinda.

http://www.supremenewyork.com/previews/fallwinter2017/accessories/supreme-nike-shooting-sleeve

VLclKggLmjA.jpg

EDIT:  Oubre was wearing a plan leg sleeve in the second half.  Perhaps someone from the league caught it and asked him to change at halftime.

It's as bad as I knew it would be. 

XM4KeeA.png

Archived