NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

New pinwheel is a clean upgrade. This one they've been using was overly fussy with the stripes growing thicker as they moved towards the center. Never liked that or how it made it was outlined. It looks better when each line is the same width throughout and then you don't have the outlining problems that the last one had. 

trail-blazer-logo-6-1232016.jpg

Only issue I have with the new one is the bar joining all 5 lines together. I don't like that visual. Makes it more complex than it needs to be. I would've just used the middle logo above, flip the black lines to white and throw a black shape underneath it all 

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

I'm intrigued to see how they'll use the secondary colors in their branding. Possibly for uniforms?

I'm personally expecting them to use the secondary colors mainly for merchandising and promotional/social media material. Though I could see them implementing the secondary colors in the ripcity alt, but probably not for the primaries.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

13 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Only issue I have with the new one is the bar joining all 5 lines together. I don't like that visual. Makes it more complex than it needs to be. I would've just used the middle logo above, flip the black lines to white and throw a black shape underneath it all 

With the joining bars, the new logo creates a quasi-illusion if you look at it long enough...are we looking at red and white lines with a black background, or black lines with red and white backgrounds?

--------------------

For some reason, the ladies shirts that were on Fanatics/NBAShop were removed from public website within the last 30-45 mins, despite the full details of the logo being released. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Unpopular opinion but I hate that logo. I've always hated that logo.  I have nothing against the team per se, and their uni's are usually solid, but that logo is just outdated and bad.  I know "Trail Blazers" is sort of a generic term, but you have so much you can do with the imagery from that city and region and yet they remain beholden to what looks like a 1970's generic diet soda logo.  

To merely continuously update it by "polishing the terd" is disappointing. 

12 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

Unpopular opinion but I hate that logo. I've always hated that logo.  I have nothing against the team per se, and their uni's are usually solid, but that logo is just outdated and bad.  I know "Trail Blazers" is sort of a generic term, but you have so much you can do with the imagery from that city and region and yet they remain beholden to what looks like a 1970's generic diet soda logo.  

To merely continuously update it by "polishing the terd" is disappointing. 

If they ever got rid of the pinwheel, there would be an overwhelming amount of backlash from Blazers fans everywhere, especially in Portland and across the state of Oregon. Some may not like it, but it'll likely never go away because it's been the foundation of their identity since their inception and it's forever intertwined with the organization and loyal fan base.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Here's what the Blazers' CMO had to say about the uniforms:

IMG_3974.PNG.57b475d6b829c24eee55e5a0b4b745be.PNG

Sounds like the home and road uniforms will stay pretty similar to the current versions, while the alternates will push the boundaries a bit more. Possibly using the secondary colors in the alternates and introducing some different design elements?

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

That's a good update on the pinwheel. Not really sure about the  bar joining the lines, it kind of undermines the dynamism that the pinwheel is meant to convey. 

My biggest gripe is the refusal to use the 70's font full time. They even use it in the Pride uniform, so   they know that it's a recognizable part of the Blazers brand. Not capitalizing on that is just stupid

07Giants.pngnyy.png

So were Just gonna assume this pistons logo is gonna be the primary? (like the past year or so)

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 5.43.43 PM.png

Unpopular opinion: I honestly hope they make a shiny silver Blazers uni. Like that early 2000s Nike shimmer. I know its not traditional but could be a cool alt.

ATL

30 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Here's what the Blazers' CMO had to say about the uniforms:

IMG_3974.PNG.57b475d6b829c24eee55e5a0b4b745be.PNG

Sounds like the home and road uniforms will stay pretty similar to the current versions, while the alternates will push the boundaries a bit more. Possibly using the secondary colors in the alternates and introducing some different design elements?

I really like this model -- maintain your current look, but experiment with the alternates. Great way to start the Nike era with a mix of familiarity and innovation. 

The problem with this logo is that I don't see 5 red lines connecting and 5 white lines connecting. Half the time my focus goes onto the black, which makes it 4 black lines on top, and 4 on the bottom on a red base, white base. I guess it's not that great for me when the black dominates the logo so much for me

Go A's!

I love the new logo, it cleans up the other pinwheels real nice. The font isn't great, but it's not terrible either. Actually an upgrade compared to the 00s era font IMO.

Now just gotta wait for the unis.

NSFCvyu.png

It's time the NBA allows only 1 alternate set per team and maybe a few  throwback nights per season.  With a fresh start with Nike coming, now is the time to get this under control.

Archived