NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Am I nuts, or is the trim on the Clippers' jersey orange instead of the red that was used on the leaked hats?

APAYluf.png

The mothership now has bettter quality photos - it's definitely red on this jersey.

And the Suns might be using two purples?  Wtf.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Here's my ten cents ...

Bucks - Kinda surprised they didn't go with a 'Cream City' jersey. Not a huge fan of this look. It's not bad, just not a fan.

Blazers - I absolutely love these. It's so Portland and it works. 

Bulls - I love the return of the cursive 'Chicago' script, just not sure about the city flag colors? Leaving my full opinion until I see them in game.

Cavaliers - Why gray? Why not yellow or blue? You know -- a color in their logo?

Celtics - Better than the gray alt atrocity from last year -- BUT -- I'd much rather have the St. Patrick's Day alts back. 

Clippers -  So glad to see the Clippers back in powder blue and orange!

Grizzlies - After the explanation I love these more and more. 

Hawks - Absolutely love these jerseys. For a city jersey this captures Atlanta really well.

Hornets - Meh? A little more color would make this better.

Jazz - I really, really want to love these. I hope I really, really love these. But, I'm keeping my opinion until I see them in game.

Kings - Love the colors, hate the execution.

Knicks - I want to like it, but I want to hate it as well. I can't make up my mind.

Lakers - Not bad. I like the back story behind it with Kobe. It works.

Magic - Words can't express how these make me feel. I just hate them with a strong passion. So dumb.

Mavericks - Um, okay ...

Nets - I love the bridge design, just wish it said either BROOKLYN or NETS, not the full name. 

Nuggets - I LOVE the design. One of the best non-script jerseys in the league. But, with this set, I kinda wish it was a different color.

Pacers -  I get what they're trying to do, but it just doesn't work. Looks awful. 

Pelicans - Great jersey ... but, what's up with the numbers? I guess that's okay? Waiting for full opinion when I see them in game.

Pistons - Dumb. Devoid of color AND colors in which the logo doesn't have (gray and navy blue). I want a red jersey!

Rockets - I guess it works? I get why they have the Chinese jersey, but why not red and yellow?

76ers - Not horrible, but I really hate that cursive font. 

Spurs - I'd rather see fiesta colors or a black version of the 'spur' uniform. 

Suns - Why not orange? Why another purple jersey? Especially why double purple? There's nothing to it design wise. 

Thunder -  Dumb, dumb, dumb. I can't wait to read the Nike explanation on this one. Ugh.

Timberwolves - It just feels lazy. Not a fan. 

Warriors - I love that it's gold and I love the design. I'm just trying to understand the choice of font and script?

Wizards - Meeeeeeh? Just not feeling it.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

46 minutes ago, gopistons899004 said:

As a Pistons fan, I'm very disappointed. It's like they don't even try to get creative. 

Its like nike was on a mission to make the pistons uniforms look terrible by ruining the wishbone collar and changing the motor city and chrome jerseys to have unfitting color combos. All they had to do was just use the motor city uniform design from 2013-14. They could have at least made the statement jersey red if they werent going to keep navy on them.

I logged on and took another look at these. 3/4 of these are horid. Nike sucks. And I can sum the whole Nike transition into one uniform. The Magic uni they just unveiled. 

Lots of pointlessness 

Pretty Disgusting 

Cluttered

Horid Execution 

They didn’t mess up my Rockets too bad. Clean home uniform, clean away. The nice black alt (we wear it too much though) and Chinese heritage uni. Not bad. But then you have teams like the Thunder. Really is too bad. 

I’m a Hawks fan and I’m loving the jersey. For an alternate it’s great. I’m not a fan of the Volt on red but it works on black. I wish this template was used for all the uniforms with black, red, and yellow as the colors. With the current font. I like the triangle side panel with the pistol Pete era stripe a bunch.

1 hour ago, Cardsblues02 said:

They didn’t mess up my Rockets too bad. Clean home uniform, clean away. The nice black alt (we wear it too much though) and Chinese heritage uni. Not bad. But then you have teams like the Thunder. Really is too bad. 

Honestly, I feel like the Rockets have come out of the transition to Nike as one of the worst. Their already bad primary uniforms are now somehow even worse, and their black alts, which were executed decently under Adidas last season, are now much more of a jumbled mess than they were originally. And their City uniforms are just so uninspired. At least the Warriors’ CNY uniforms have been fun, unique, and colorful, whereas the Rockets’ have just been plain lazy. And really, if they’re so insistent on having a CNY uniform, why wouldn’t they go with red and yellow? Not only is that the best color scheme they’ve had in their history, it’s also the goddamn color scheme of the Chinese flag. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The mavs was a complete fail. Why DAL, I mean it’s on the ticker but it’s not as synonymous like ATL or LAC. Looks like a really bad 2k concept. Also the font is way to big.

Also I don’t get how space relates to magic. 

Excellent!

11 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The mothership now has bettter quality photos - it's definitely red on this jersey.

And the Suns might be using two purples?  Wtf.

It still looks red-orange to me. Compare it to the Rockets, Sixers, Bulls, Jazz, Warriors, and Wizards - it looks like a different color than the red that is used on those jerseys.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

3 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

It still looks red-orange to me. Compare it to the Rockets, Sixers, Bulls, Jazz, Warriors, and Wizards - it looks like a different color than the red that is used on those jerseys.

Yep, you're exactly right.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived