Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

1 hour ago, -Akronite- said:

Quite a few of these are horrid and when you put them together it looks like a fashion jersey site. Nike has been a disaster for the NBA so far IMO.

As a Cavs fan I don't mind having a "The Land" jersey at all. The nickname became popular during our championship run and I like it. The issue is that we are now introducing grey to our overflowing color pallet with a jersey that has no continuity to the rest of our set (AND FEATURES NO WINE FOR :censored:S SAKE). But, like the rest of our current duds, isn't an ugly jersey.

There are a few that look pretty good but that's about it... Will these things be a regular part of a team's rotation or can they use them all over a single weekend like the MLB Player's Weekend or some :censored: so we can get it out of the way?

Should have been white, burgyndy, yellow and blue. It's absurd there isn't a yellow or blue jersey.

1 hour ago, BlackBolt3 said:

I'm not gonna let this one go without scrutiny, chief. You still could’ve made your argument without this swipe.

jerseyjunk seems to do nothing but s**t on the NBA in these threads. So I'm wondering why even chime in if its gonna be so negative?

3 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

jerseyjunk seems to do nothing but s**t on the NBA in these threads. So I'm wondering why even chime in if its gonna be so negative?

Because he’s a troll, and that’s what trolls do.

So a message from the mod team. Please report any racist, misogynist, or homophobic comments as soon as you see them. 

Thank you for your cooperation. 

3 hours ago, pepis21 said:

This literally looks like an Adidas practice jersey.

Is anyone else having issues buying Swingman Association edition jerseys?

The online Sixers shop, online NBA shop and the NBA store on 5th Av are all out of stock...

18 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Is anyone else having issues buying Swingman Association edition jerseys?

The online Sixers shop, online NBA shop and the NBA store on 5th Av are all out of stock...

Did you try the Nike.com shop? (edit: looks like they have the blue Icon jerseys, but no white jerseys)

I would love the Clippers to go back to light blue and orange. Throw in the nautical style stripes to the shorts and you have a winner.

I know we are all jersey nuts but I have to admit that for the first time in my life(I'm 48,loved jerseys since I was 8), I am starting to resent the whole jersey hobby. I guess it started with the third jersey NHL program in the 90's. I believe a jersey should represent a franchise and have meaning to it. This 4 jerseys for the NBA is ridiculous. I turn on a game and I can't  figure who's playing. Now I realize some teams are still looking for identities and that's fine but let's keep it to home and away. The jerseys are cheaply made now so even if you wanted to lay down the cash, you get an inferior product. Sorry,had to vent,we all know what this is about.

First glimpse at the shorts of the Hawks’ City uniform:

I’m not a fan of the color scheme of this uniform, or the wordmark & number treatment, but I like the general design much better than their regular set. It gives a nice nod to the lime green and blue Pistol Pete-era uniforms, and the triangle pattern looks much better just limited to the side panels of the jerseys and shorts, rather than covering the entire jersey.

6 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Yikes that’s bad. It’s amazing how the Motor City jersey has gotten worse in every incarnation. Year 1 was the best by far before Adidas added sleeves. Then the sleeved version was worse, and now this thing is a monstrosity. Why would Nike add Adidas stripes to side panel? And why is Navy still being used (not even in the Pistons color scheme anymore, as I’ve mentioned previously)?

I will never understand why the Pistons/Nike didn’t bring back the 2000s red alternate as the Statement jersey and use the current “Chrome”/statement jersey as the City Jersey, replacing the Detroit text with Motor City, if necessary. This would have made the whole set much more cohesive, IMO.

31 minutes ago, joekono said:

I know we are all jersey nuts but I have to admit that for the first time in my life(I'm 48,loved jerseys since I was 8), I am starting to resent the whole jersey hobby. I guess it started with the third jersey NHL program in the 90's. I believe a jersey should represent a franchise and have meaning to it. This 4 jerseys for the NBA is ridiculous. I turn on a game and I can't  figure who's playing. Now I realize some teams are still looking for identities and that's fine but let's keep it to home and away. The jerseys are cheaply made now so even if you wanted to lay down the cash, you get an inferior product. Sorry,had to vent,we all know what this is about.

Agreed 100%.  I don't own a single jersey anymore but I still do like to have tees, sweatshirts, and hats.  I just don't understand the total lack of variety with the Nike (non-jersey) apparel so far.  With Nike taking over, I totally expected an NFL-like selection of tees and sweatshirts, etc.  What gives???  There's hardly anything available.

31 minutes ago, joekono said:

I agree. I think the NBA did it best under David Stern, when they had home, road, and one alternate jersey - which was almost always just a color swap on the existing road jersey.

7 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

First glimpse at the shorts of the Hawks’ City uniform:

I’m not a fan of the color scheme of this uniform, or the wordmark & number treatment, but I like the general design much better than their regular set. It gives a nice nod to the lime green and blue Pistol Pete-era uniforms, and the triangle pattern looks much better just limited to the side panels of the jerseys and shorts, rather than covering the entire jersey.

This is what happens when you force a stencil design into a font that wasn't intended to have one. Number 2 to the nth power.

Also, is anyone else uncomfortable with the Grizzlies' repeated use of Civil Rights iconography to sell team merchandise? First it was a wordmark designed to mimic the sign of the hotel where Dr. King was assassinated, and now it's mimicking the "I AM A MAN" sign from the garbage workers' strike that brought Dr. King to Memphis. Is there some sort of charitable angle or partnership involved in this, at least?

27 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

This is what happens when you force a stencil design into a font that wasn't intended to have one. Number 2 to the nth power.

Also, is anyone else uncomfortable with the Grizzlies' repeated use of Civil Rights iconography to sell team merchandise? First it was a wordmark designed to mimic the sign of the hotel where Dr. King was assassinated, and now it's mimicking the "I AM A MAN" sign from the garbage workers' strike that brought Dr. King to Memphis. Is there some sort of charitable angle or partnership involved in this, at least?

I'm not sure what to make of it. I do think that the NBA's more supportive stance of player protests on racial equality and the overall prevalence of openness regarding these issues by players, coaches, and the commissioner all at least give the NBA some leeway on these kinds of tributes or moves.

I mean, I think it just speaks to the difference between the NBA and the NFL that we would never see anything like this for an NFL team. There was some talk about the Wizards wearing "Chocolate City" jerseys this year. Could you ever imagine the Washington NFL team doing that? Beyond the problem with their own nickname, it just seems so not within the realm of possibility that would happen.

I wonder if Hawks shorts has Hawks on the other side, because this shorts looks basically like their regular shorts.

1 hour ago, Sodboy13 said:

I think it’s kinda the point to make people a little uncomfortable. I mean, they probably could have done a happy, cliché, Beale Street alternate and made a lot more money, but instead they had some courage and used it as an opportunity to educate and memorialize an important figure and event in civil rights during a time when civil rights are somehow becoming a polarizing issue once again. It foregoes the stereotypical side of Memphis for a less savory but certainly more important one.