Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

With those two equally good uniform options in front of them, the Nets managed to screw it up by taking a third option: the introduction of a new look that is utterly devoid of character.  They thus snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, as only the Nets can do.

9 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

It's just because Minnesota (because of the northwest angle) is the northernmost continental state

Ummmmmm ... Portland?

Nuggets, what the hell.

2 minutes ago, ChicagoOakland said:

Nuggets, what the hell.

tenor.gif?itemid=5330423

3 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5330423

Mountain patterns on an NBA jersey? Not like we've ever seen that before. Oh wait...

Malonestockton_crop_north.jpg?w=600&h=40

:D;)

But in all seriousness...these new Nike jersey roll-outs have almost all fallen somewhere between "dud" and "headscratcher." Most either use the same color as another jersey in the set (Phoenix, Denver and others) or use a color found nowhere in the team's color scheme (Boston, Utah, Charlotte, OKC, Orlando, etc.). Because of this, we've been deprived of a Suns orange jersey (WHY?!), a Nuggets light blue jersey (WHY?!), a Celtics green/gold jersey (also WHY?!),  a Jazz green jersey (Why?), and even a Thunder red-orange jersey (again Why?). Even the ones that make some sense, like the Hornets' black jersey, should've just been a sleveless version of their "Buzz City" alternates.

But, as they are wont to do, Nike, the NBA, and its teams are given the tools to fix some things that are not broken and end up leaving the car inoperable.

Edited by DustDevil61
Inoperable car

Ok, maybe I'm drinking the Nike-Aid, but I think the pattern on the shorts is pretty clever. On one hand, they look like mountains. But what I see is a quasi-1980s computer drawn city skyline of skyscrapers - a nod to, and a different interpretation of, the rainbow jerseys.

Honestly, I don’t hate those Nuggets uniforms. I certainly think they could’ve been executed better, and I would’ve preferred their City uniform to be baby blue, but I don’t think this is too bad. At the very least the shorts add some excitement to what otherwise could’ve been a very boring and uninspired uniform. They remind be somewhat of Nike’s college basketball Hyper Elite Disruption uniforms from 2016:

CbmMBDFUAAAisyH.jpg

Screen_Shot_2016-02-19_at_3.01.46_PM.0.0

mmpx1686-smalljpg-84e1ba5639222678.jpg

5 hours ago, Ark said:

I understand that the Nets wanted to differentiate themselves from the New Jersey Nets when they moved to Brooklyn. Why wouldn't they go back to this set?

CxgXHkDW8AI1xrZ.jpg

My guess is because at this moment, it looks more like it belongs in either the 76ers’ or Wizards’ identity.

7 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

I didn't realize Portland was a state. Please read my comment again

Gotcha. That makes more sense. I was thinking city wise. 

5 hours ago, ChicagoOakland said:

Nuggets, what the hell.

Two quick thoughts on the jerseys ... 

> I hope the front number is closer to the pick ax. That white space looks odd.

> I don't hate them. 

I hope the NBA is regretting this tearable eyesore of a mess (pun intended) Nike has done with their teams uniforms. Maybe I’m crazy but they’ve ruined some uniforms. Nuggets shouldn’t be in Navy, Indiana Doesn’t grow basketball , Minnesota  shouldn’t be as forgettable with such a unique name, and Cleveland isn’t “the land”.

Sorry for my little rant, continue as before.

Those Nuggets shorts are nice, but they have nothing to do with the jersey and they definitely should have added light blue on there somewhere.  Nuggets get a B/B- from me. 

No word on jerseys the lakers wear tonight, but it has to be the new black city jerseys right??

Because what's  the point of jerseys with a snakeskin pattern pretty much based off of Kobe if you aren't going to wear them for Kobe's dual jersey retirement Monday night?

30 minutes ago, HighCheese said:

No word on jerseys the lakers wear tonight, but it has to be the new black city jerseys right??

Because what's  the point of jerseys with a snakeskin pattern pretty much based off of Kobe if you aren't going to wear them for Kobe's dual jersey retirement Monday night?

I'm fairly certain that the Lakers are wearing the City joints tonight.

6 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I hope the NBA is regretting this tearable eyesore of a mess (pun intended) Nike has done with their teams uniforms. Maybe I’m crazy but they’ve ruined some uniforms. Nuggets shouldn’t be in Navy, Indiana Doesn’t grow basketball , Minnesota  shouldn’t be as forgettable with such a unique name, and Cleveland isn’t “the land”.

Sorry for my little rant, continue as before.

I guess if you aren't from Indiana you don't understand the very rich culture of basketball past this state has had. the city the land the north I'm glad we aren't one of those 😂

7 minutes ago, jmatt116 said:

city jerseys release the 27th for purchase but are teams playing with them for christmas? Philly and Boston are rite? 

Philly is wearing the "Suxers" jersey for Christmas.  Not sure about Boston, though

1 hour ago, Teal said:

I'm fairly certain that the Lakers are wearing the City joints tonight.

I believe they are as well.  God this that second navy jersey is going to make my tracking sheet harder to do for them.  It's just as hard with the white alternate the Knicks have as well