Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

1 hour ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

"We're playing on Christmas and our team color is a Christmas color- perfect! Let's wear grey." 

To be fair, red vs. green wouldn't fly for colorblindness reasons. Doesn't excuse why the Celtics couldn't wear their perfectly good and classic white uniforms though, or wear green and force the Sixers to wear white or cream or whatever else.

5 minutes ago, Digby said:

To be fair, red vs. green wouldn't fly for colorblindness reasons. Doesn't excuse why the Celtics couldn't wear their perfectly good and classic white uniforms though, or wear green and force the Sixers to wear white or cream or whatever else.

Was there ever a complaint when they did do red vs green for Christmas games in the past?

2004092181.jpg

image.jpg

11 hours ago, HighCheese said:

No word on jerseys the lakers wear tonight, but it has to be the new black city jerseys right??

Because what's  the point of jerseys with a snakeskin pattern pretty much based off of Kobe if you aren't going to wear them for Kobe's dual jersey retirement Monday night?

11 hours ago, Teal said:

I'm fairly certain that the Lakers are wearing the City joints tonight.

Not according to their twitter account:

Of course there’s always the possibility of them going the fake out route and actually coming out in the Black Mamba uniforms. I’m hoping they really do wear the classic yellow home uniforms, though.

56 minutes ago, Digby said:

Celtics are playing the Wizards.

Not using a Black Mamba jersey for a Kobe Night is a huge mistake. This is the perfect moment to debut and there will be no better occasion to wear them later, so I hope Lakers was lying on twitter.

24 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Not using a Black Mamba jersey for a Kobe Night is a huge mistake. This is the perfect moment to debut and there will be no better occasion to wear them later, so I hope Lakers was lying on twitter.

I agree that tonight seems like the most fitting game to wear the Black Mamba uniforms, but I’m also of the opinion that the Lakers should always wear the traditional gold home uniforms when honoring their legends. So even though it seems a bit foolish to not wear the Black Mamba uniforms on the night that they retire Kobe’s numbers, I’d still rather see them wear the traditional home uniforms and save the Black Mamba uniforms for later dates. And based on the Warriors players wearing blue socks and tights during pregame right now, I’d say the Lakers really will be in traditional gold tonight. If that ends up being the case, then count me in as a fan of that move.

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

I agree that tonight seems like the most fitting game to wear the Black Mamba uniforms, but I’m also of the opinion that the Lakers should always wear the traditional gold home uniforms when honoring their legends. So even though it seems a bit foolish to not wear the Black Mamba uniforms on the night that they retire Kobe’s numbers, I’d still rather see them wear the traditional home uniforms and save the Black Mamba uniforms for later dates. And based on the Warriors players wearing blue socks and tights during pregame right now, I’d say the Lakers really will be in traditional gold tonight. If that ends up being the case, then count me in as a fan of that move.

Well, with as gimmicky as the NBA has been getting lately I could totally see them starting the game in gold and then changing into the Black Mamba jerseys at halftime during the ceremony and playing the last half in them.

Don't laugh at me. This is Adam Silver's NBA after all. 

3 hours ago, Digby said:

I don't think the NBA cares about color blindness with all these color on color matchups. At least some of them have to clash.

57 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

I don't think the NBA cares about color blindness with all these color on color matchups. At least some of them have to clash.

And, wasn't part of the issue that the Bills and Jets blended with the green field as well? You're not going to really run into that issue with the NBA, especially with a number minimalist courts.

Some interesting uni-centric stats from around the league through EOD Monday:

• The Hornets are 5-0 in home games wearing their white uniform, 4-8 in any other set
  • The Jazz have played color vs. color all 7 times they've worn their yellow uniform 
  • The Jazz are also 0-8 in their navy uniform on the road
  • The Bulls are combined 0-7 in their red and black uniforms on the road, their only road wins came while wearing white
  • The Heat have not worn their Icon (regular black) uniform since 10/28, and have worn their Classic black set 14 times since then
  • The Mavericks, Magic, and Trail Blazers are all winless in color v. color games
  • The Rockets have the most color v. color wins (11)
  • The Pistons have the most wins in a single uniform (13 - white)
  • The 76ers blue uniform is the most frequently worn by percentage, appearing in 69% of their games
  • The 76ers blue and Timberwolves navy uniforms are the most frequently worn by volume, appearing 20 times each.

18 minutes ago, tscuzzy said:

The difference in the uniforms he actually wore and the ones hanging in the rafters is mildly infuriating. also look how GOLD those uniforms are ;)

g0j2A3g.png

Yeah, I'm not sure why the Lakers don't use era appropriate style and fonts, it's kinda turned into their "thing" I guess?

Out of curiosity, is there a rhyme and reason to the placement of the jerseys? Meaning, the Lakers as a whole, not just Kobe's numbers.

14 hours ago, Digby said:

Ah, same advice applies. :)

Exactly. Any combination of those teams primary unis work look phenomenal. 

Wizards white v. Celtics green

Wizards red v. Celtics white

55 minutes ago, JPDesign said:

DRaroMcUEAElDPy.jpg

Somehow looks even worse in real life.

Agreed. But, that's a replica ... so I hold out hope (not much mind you).