Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

Aesthetics aside:  there appear to be a lot of extra, asymmetrical seams on this jersey -- even more than in the Blazers' diagonal sash.  Wouldn't this run counter to Nike's purported "performance first" design philosophy?  Why bother innovating with scapular seams and vents if you're going to do this?

33 minutes ago, keynote said:

Aesthetics aside:  there appear to be a lot of extra, asymmetrical seams on this jersey -- even more than in the Blazers' diagonal sash.  Wouldn't this run counter to Nike's purported "performance first" design philosophy?  Why bother innovating with scapular seams and vents if you're going to do this?

Its just a replica. Doubt the on court version has as many seams.

14 minutes ago, JPDesign said:

Its just a replica. Doubt the on court version has as many seams.

That could be true, but if the authentics do have those seams, they’ll probably compensate for that by having the rest of the front of the jersey be the perforated mesh instead of just having the mesh panels on the upper chest and sides. That’s what Nike did for the Blazers and Wizards since their jerseys have the extra seams on the front. Compare this:JWIfwvE.jpg

With this:

5cVZ239.jpg

The Jazz released this video ahead of the City edition release. You also get to see what appears to be another secondary logo at the very end (similar to the state one on the cap, but in gradient).

http://www.nba.com/jazz/video/teams/jazz/2017/12/19/1810349/1513712666098-jazz-final-b-1810349

I must say, I felt a whole lot of Utah pride watching this. It’s very well done. I’m still not sure how I’m going to like the jerseys, but at least I love how they’re marketing it.

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

The Jazz released this video ahead of the City edition release. You also get to see what appears to be another secondary logo at the very end (similar to the state one on the cap, but in gradient).

http://www.nba.com/jazz/video/teams/jazz/2017/12/19/1810349/1513712666098-jazz-final-b-1810349

I must say, I felt a whole lot of Utah pride watching this. It’s very well done. I’m still not sure how I’m going to like the jerseys, but at least I love how they’re marketing it.

Wow. That gave me the tingles. I'm excited. 

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

That’s what Nike did for the Blazers and Wizards since their jerseys have the extra seams on the front.

I wanna only add that Magic (Association, Icon, Statement) have perforated mesh on front and back, Cavs Statement on front and Thunder statement on back. Wizards have panels on their Statement jersey.

8 hours ago, JPDesign said:

DRaroMcUEAElDPy.jpg

Somehow looks even worse in real life.

I hate to say this but this and the Statement jersey are better than the uniforms they have been wearing since they moved from Seattle. The uniforms actually have personality despite the horrid logo they use and I'm okay with that.

43 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

I hate to say this but this and the Statement jersey are better than the uniforms they have been wearing since they moved from Seattle. The uniforms actually have personality despite the horrid logo they use and I'm okay with that.

I wouldn't go as far to say this gray alt is better. The new blue alt is definitely better. 

10 hours ago, JPDesign said:

DRaroMcUEAElDPy.jpg

Somehow looks even worse in real life.

The blue one was okay, although I still hate the "gradient".  This is A-W-F-U-L.  And we STILL haven't had an alt with all four team colors (white, orange, blue, navy), not counting the logo on the old sleeved and orange designs.

16 hours ago, tscuzzy said:

The difference in the uniforms he actually wore and the ones hanging in the rafters is mildly infuriating. also look how GOLD those uniforms are ;)

bryant-jersey-retirement.jpg

...are these Adidas uniforms??

The okc jerseys are pretty good looking as a template and the color swooshes go with their logo so I say good job, despite the gray that doesn’t match their identity. 

I could see that template working well for other teams. 

18 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

I would assume so

They may be retail jAdidas jerseys for all we know.  The NOB is outlined in white, which isn't on the Nike jerseys.

10 hours ago, Teal said:

Not sure why most teams have yet to official reveal the city joints.

Odd.

It looks like most are unveiling around the 27th. Seems odd they wouldn't push them before Christmas?

5 minutes ago, kimball said:

It looks like most are unveiling around the 27th. Seems odd they wouldn't push them before Christmas?

If rumors of production issues are true, that's probably why.

18 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Looking at that logo at the end, I wonder if the gradient is going to go from red to black on the shorts. So in total from yellow/orange to red to black

7 hours ago, Teal said:

I really like that OKC City uni. I respect teams taking a chance.

At least we are getting new, unique designs.

Completely agree.