NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My only real complaint about Utah’s look is that it feels redundant with the gold alt. If we’re going to be rotating these regularly, why not stagger those two, especially when Utah’s got demand for green alts and purple throwbacks and and copper throwbacks and so many other Jazzy looks.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

5 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Here’s the Jazz’s city edition uniform and court:

http://www.nba.com/jazz/nike1718

JAZ1718_CityFeatures(900x600).jpg

My thoughts ...

1) I absolutely love it. Sure it's LOUD and OUT THERE for a uniform not meant to be a primary jersey this celebrates the community beautifully.

2) This captures an often neglected part of the state. People along the Wasatch Front tend to think the state ends at Utah County. 

3) I love the I-15 corridor striping on the side. What a great touch.

4) I love the court as well. If there's any compliant -- it's the stained delicate arch. Just looks a bit off ... not sure exactly how? Maybe make it bigger or lighter ... or both?

5) The City uniforms are meant to be a one time thing so I could totally see the Jazz doing a purple version next year celebrating Northern Utah with a matching court.

So, yeah, this is spot on. I love them.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I'll be the voice of dissent on the Jazz. They don't need to represent southern Utah. Hardly anyone even lives there. And this goes way too far afield from what the Jazz should be. It's bad enough that they're using navy blue instead of dark purple or even a dark bluish-purple (call it Mood Indigo?) on their primary uniforms, now they're ripping off the old Houston Astros. The Jazz had a color scheme that was based on locale: purple mountains, blue skies, green conifers, and copper. That made more sense than St. George uniforms that look like one specific and infamous sports team.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The logo looks fantastic in those colors yet looks so out of place with the rest of the court. I would've made the gray in the logo baby blue. I also don't like the white text overlapping where the red and blue meet on the baseline. Just too much. It's close, but yet so far away.

As for the Jazz, I like the uniform, just not for the Jazz. admiral said it best, they HAD a great color scheme. Although it doesn't fit their intended area, I would love to see what this would look like in their primary colors. Maybe a blue-to-green gradient with gold topography?

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

18 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Here’s the Jazz’s city edition uniform and court:

http://www.nba.com/jazz/nike1718

JAZ1718_CityFeatures(900x600).jpg

tenor.gif

The execution, the meaning, the court too!! This is what a City Edition is supposed to look like. 10/10

Ps. If they would have made it moreless a remixed of the late 90s uniforms

yi3vrny729ajnq7yvl3dz0jah.gif

then it would have been even sweeter.

shado_logo.gif

Archived