Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

4 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

Not being too clever, there, Miami...

DRsDryQUQAU6n91.jpg

I love how they hint to the uniform by using "Very Important City Edition". "VICE". GG Heat.

7 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Not being too clever, there, Miami...

DRsDryQUQAU6n91.jpg

I thnk the pink-black-teal side stripes will be on one side, as a nod to the original striping.  Heat are using a recolored 80s/90s logo on the “Vice” City hats.  

The Memphis jerseys are nice, wish they scrapped their other jerseys though for a fresher look. Or at least the statement jerseys, they’re kinda meh.

On 12/21/2017 at 3:55 AM, Ben in LA said:

Well they should be because technically he never wore the current Nike uniforms...

Good point, but the wishbone jersey when he won his first title was made by Nike (with Reebok and Adidas taking over that design from them).  Plus he's now signed with Nike and not Adidas, so I wonder how much of that went into the decisions behind the scenes for this jersey retirement presentation.

5 hours ago, sayahh said:

Good point, but the wishbone jersey when he won his first title was made by Nike (with Reebok and Adidas taking over that design from them).  Plus he's now signed with Nike and not Adidas, so I wonder how much of that went into the decisions behind the scenes for this jersey retirement presentation.

That’s why I said the CURRENT Nike jerseys. The current ones are MUCH different from the ones Kobe wore (read: better quality).

That Miami script is 10,000 times better than the regular Heat lettering, wish they'd used that from day one and never looked back.

If Nike felt the need to rep southern Utah with a uni, it' s a real missed opportunity for them to do the yellow uni instead of a a throwback mountain purple to rep northern Utah. It could have been a cool juxtaposition of NBA eras, regional topography, and geology. For what it's worth, this is the superior alt.

WE GROW FURTHER FROM GOD EACH DAY

My only real complaint about Utah’s look is that it feels redundant with the gold alt. If we’re going to be rotating these regularly, why not stagger those two, especially when Utah’s got demand for green alts and purple throwbacks and and copper throwbacks and so many other Jazzy looks.

I absolutely hated the idea of the Jazz uniform, but seeing it fully fleshed out, I really like it. It’s almost like a clash kit in soccer.

I just don't like the Celtics wearing green at home.  ☘️🏀

Utah really nailed it. Up there with Memphis for what these City edition uniforms should be. I really like the state basketball logo as well.