NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

Blazers looks better than 2k leak, but for me Conrad mockup is still the best.

9 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

I'm actually thinking the pattern is a nod to the "Guardians of Traffic" art deco statues located in downtown Cleveland near the Q. Not only do they have the same pattern, they have the same pointed top as the jersey stripes.

I'm not familiar with Cleveland architecture, but I checked and yes you've got right, my bad. :) Despite this I think many people who might don't know about that (like myself) might think Cavs give a nod to Goodyear.

10 hours ago, j'villejags said:

I'm trying to find an idea behind these uniforms and probably I got it. Thunder is a sound of lightning, lightnings are releated to storm and colors of clouds -when the storm is- are black-gray, so this might be a nod to a weather. I'll laugh if Thunder tell us similair story. Anyway Thunder need new identify asap.

4r2eer.png

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if any team should be using dark gray and volt, it's the Thunder.  It seems to be pushed on other teams in all levels, but really belongs with OKC... 

... and maybe the Tampa Bay Maple Wings.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Official images and video of the Sixers' City uniforms: https://www.crossingbroad.com/2017/12/here-are-the-sixers-new-uniforms.html

They are pretty much as we expected. Although I'm not a fan of having such different name and number fonts, I am a fan of the dotted numbers and shorts logo

Edit: "They will debut these on February 2 against the Heat on ESPN. They will then wear them for all Friday home games and all home games in April for the rest of the season."

Why wouldn't the script be shadowed like the number???  It would add some necessary thickness.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The downside to a light bone/parchment/vintage white uni is that it will look off when paired with standard white accessories (socks, sneakers, compression sleeves, etc.).  I hope the players will opt for blue or red accessories instead. 

So by "City" uniforms, Nike means "gray"

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

9 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

Agreed. The collar is the worst part in my opinion. The front is charcoal while the back involves orange and blue. That in addition to the yellow outline on the numbers makes this completely unpalatable.

DSAvOH7UIAA27uF?format=jpg

Nike does a really great job of making dumb templates, and then forcing design elements to highlight their dumb templates. Without Nike's weirdo jersey construction, the random blue/red/light gray stripes on this jersey wouldn't exist.

I like that rainbow Utah jersey. The new Heat set is nice too. But they weren't worth severely damaging nearly every other team in the league -- especially high-profile franchises like Boston and LA.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm surprised the Pistons and Nike don't embrace a black alternate with the skull and crossbones for the Pistons. The bland navy and Motor City stuff is uninspiring. I think the Pistons were the league leaders in apparel sales (or close to the top) when they embraced the skull and crossbones.

Something similar to this with a Swoosh would sell like crazy.

IMG_0076.jpg

Archived