Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

23 hours ago, spockEars7 said:

Saw this at Target. Tags didn't say anything about NBA, so assuming it's not at all associated with the Bucks.

IMG_1554.jpg

DRl_9-GWsAAtmzq.jpg

Lol. Is this in Milwaukee ?

18 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

Screen_Shot_2016-04-08_at_12.46.08_PM.0.

Maybe next year 

Don't give Nike any ideas ... can you imagine if they embraced the "What Could Have Been" jerseys at plague MiLB?

Charlotte Spirit

Boston Unicorns

Cleveland Presidents

Miami Beaches

Milwaukee Skunks

Minnesota Polars

Orlando Juice

Oklahoma City Twisters

San Antonio Aztecs

Toronto Freeze

Washington Sea Dogs

All so horrible that the NBA and Nike would probably do it.

The Celtics just need to leave the parquet pattern on the floor where it belongs and make their City edition the original St. Pats Day uniforms:

bos-11-alt-davidbutlerii-hor-3-9-12-por-

And then if Nike’s insists on changing the City editions every year, go with something based on the old warmups:N08385-292-lr-1.jpg

320_1981_Boston_Celtics_Road_Larry_Bird_

25 minutes ago, Froob said:

Damn...that’s perfect. Why Nike, why?

You realize the Celtics very likely could’ve been the ones who decided on the gray base color, and not Nike? I love how so many people just assume that the manufacturer is solely responsible for every creative decision when in reality that’s often not the case at all. Now that’s not to say that Nike wasn’t in charge on some, or even most of these City edition uniforms, but I wouldn’t just assume that without actually knowing it. More often than not it’s a collaborative process between the teams and the manufacturer (in this case, Nike), but in some cases creative decisions are decided on in-house or through a collaborative process with the team, the manufacturer, and an outside firm (like RARE Design).

2 hours ago, TheFallenHaveRisen said:

This (and a t-shirt like it) were available for sale last year...it's not part of the Nike City collection. It's Fanatics' "Hometown Collection", which they do for all four leagues.

5 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

They're in Live (not that anybody plays that game). I wonder if the NBA is punishing 2K for leaking them.

Live has the New Orleans' numbers on the same level, and it looks far better than the one-up-one-down look.

9 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

gettyimages-1955811.jpg?quality=100&w=65

You, and anyone else pushing the “Jordan also played with the Wizards!” sentiment, are really digging for internet win points, aren’t you? 

There’s no way, no G-ddamned way, Michael Jordan’s stint with the Wizards compares with his Bulls tenure in terms of relevance and brand equity.

Now look. I know you or SCalderwood will say “I know but...” so I’m just gonna stop you right there.

If you know Jordan’s tenure with the Bulls is so far above and beyond his stint with the Wizards than why bother attempting to make a comparison? Oh right. It’s the internet where hot takes and “gotcha” moments reign supreme. Regardless of how little sense they make.  

19 hours ago, the admiral said:

Astonishingly dumb opinion here.

An opinion worthy of loogodude himself. 

That’s a bloody brilliant idea!

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

And then if Nike’s insists on changing the City editions every year, go with something based on the old warmups:N08385-292-lr-1.jpg

320_1981_Boston_Celtics_Road_Larry_Bird_

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

You realize the Celtics very likely could’ve been the ones who decided on the gray base color, and not Nike? I love how so many people just assume that the manufacturer is solely responsible for every creative decision when in reality that’s often not the case at all. Now that’s not to say that Nike wasn’t in charge on some, or even most of these City edition uniforms, but I wouldn’t just assume that without actually knowing it. More often than not it’s a collaborative process between the teams and the manufacturer (in this case, Nike), but in some cases creative decisions are decided on in-house or through a collaborative process with the team, the manufacturer, and an outside firm (like RARE Design).

I agree ... to a point. Nike comes with its’ idea and I’m sure the team does too. But, from what it seems like — some teams are more involved then others and I think that shows in their city uniforms. The Jazz, Heat, Bulls and Grizzlies had depth and meaning to their city jerseys, where it’s pretty evident (especially with the Jazz as mentioned in the espn article) they had a loud voice in the process.

Whereas, teams like the Pistons, Celtics, Rockets, Spurs and Suns mailed it in. They look like they either told Nike to stick with what they had or just rubberstamped approval on what was made.

I’m sure other teams without loud Nike’d Jerseys did the same — Magic, Cavs, Nets, Clippers, etc.

It’s interesting that the Celtics City uni is just an update on their grey sleeved ones from the last couple years. They just lopped off the sleeves (upgrade), moved the pattern from side panels to all over (upgrade only because it’s more subtle than the mockups suggested), changed the lettering from white to green (upgrade) and used the regular font instead of the old serifed one (push).

everything I saw suggested that the previous grey jerseys were not exactly popular but I guess the brain trust sees something here.

9 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Putting all this bootleg Chicago flag mashup merch in my field of vision is going to give me a stroke.

I blame CM Punk.