NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

5 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

I STILL rock my early 2ks Nike Swingman jerseys...the quality is pretty damn good.

Same. I have a Nike blue swingman Wizards MJ jersey from like '03 and it's held up much better than the swingman adidas Nets Vince Carter jersey I have from 2008. The adidas one has worn out its shape and has stretched/faded over the years. The Nike is in much better shape despite being 5 years older. 

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, The AFC South said:

It's because of the fact that the Warriors front end of the jersey is one piece. It's stitched in as one part on their actual jerseys.
L.jpg.6a1c401fe7d9f4078145af22ed20c8e2.jpg

Wow, never knew they switched over to a single piece that included the "GOLDEN STATE' and 'WARRIORS' scripts. I know for the 2010/11 season both of those scripts were separate from the single piece logo:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Golden-State-Warriors-Authentic-Adidas-Pro-Cut-Curry-Limited-Edition-Jersey-/232300528311?hash=item361630c2b7:g:JEwAAOSw4shYBwP1

It's a fairly minor detail, but it would look a whole lot better separated -- especially on that Nike replica jersey, because right now it just looks incredibly cheap.

2 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

I STILL rock my early 2ks Nike Swingman jerseys...the quality is pretty damn good.

Still my pride and joy is my San Antonio Spurs authentic (not Swingman) Nike Tim Duncan jersey.  Even though it is nearly 13 years since I bought it, I still wear it with passion.  Nike did a tremendous job outfitting several NBA teams the first time, so I have faith they can do it again with all of the NBA teams.  Let's keep fingers crossed, because they cannot be any worse than what Adidas did.

It's weird that they show a TBD for the Pistons, since we've been seeing the new logo for two seasons.

The only surprise for me would be the Cavs. It makes sense for Nike to make changes to Lebron's team, but honestly every design change they have made since his return has been awful. My guess is they will bring navy or *ugh* black into the home and road uniforms. I see nothing wrong really with their white, wine and gold uniforms. I know they have trying to have the league let them use gold as the primary home and wine as the primary away. Maybe the NBA switching to Nike will help make it happen?

Not a fan of no alternate uniforms. It's a long season. I don't mind mixing it up.

24 minutes ago, the_Raptors_king said:

Found this on reddit, no longer available to view, what you guys think

IMG_0002.jpg

I am not shocked the Cavs are here.  The uniforms they have are bland beyond belief.  The Clippers makes a ton of sense since we all know how bad those are.

35 minutes ago, the_Raptors_king said:

Found this on reddit, no longer available to view, what you guys think

IMG_0002.jpg

I think this is pretty fake.  Not sure why an official document would have the old Pistons logo under "Uniform Tweaks" if the new identity is TBA.  Why wouldn't the Blazers and Wolves be "TBA"?  All of the "Home and Away" teams have been mentioned on this board...but aren't there a couple that we don't know about?  Wasn't the number at 7 or 8?  There was a confirmation of the Thunder (either tweak or new home & away) that's nowhere to be found on that page.

Plus I think someone probably heard about the no alternates in the NHL and mistakenly thought it applied to the NBA as well.  There will be alternates in the NBA next year.  

Also...and this is a dead giveaway that it's not "official" offical...the underlines under the headers are spaced differently and are at different lengths...Why is the line under "New Identity" a lot longer than the other two lines?  The whole doc is really sloppy in terms of attention to detail.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Blazers' CMO has already said that that they'd be unveiling new alternates in addition to new home and roads, so the part about no alternates for next season is definitely incorrect. The rest of it seems fairly consistent with the prior rumors and confirmed info that we've heard, but it's almost surely just a graphic that somebody made based on those same rumors. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

In past years the graphics would be updated in the on-line catalog as teams revealed logos so this could possibly be real. We have all seen the Pistons logo but it hasn't been officially unveiled yet. Also, Conrad has already stated that in fact all 5 of the teams listed will have new uniforms

22 minutes ago, bowld said:

In past years the graphics would be updated in the on-line catalog as teams revealed logos so this could possibly be real. We have all seen the Pistons logo but it hasn't been officially unveiled yet. Also, Conrad has already stated that in fact all 5 of the teams listed will have new uniforms

Again, why is the old Pistons logo used in Tweaks?  Shouldn't this be a TBA as well?

Since Conrad already stated these teams were getting new uniforms, it wouldn't take much to create a fake document, match it up, and pretend it's real.

Given that the size and placement of the logos vary greatly...that document is fan-created.  The bottom of the Clippers logo should be at the same height as the bottom of the Pacers logo.  The Clippers logo is a lot closer to the Cavs' logo than it is the Pacers' logo.   The Pistons' TBA logo is oddly distanced from the Blazers and Wolves' logos.  Sloppy.

And again, the Blazers will definitely have new alternate uniforms next season (at least according to their CMO), so the part about there being no alternate uniforms across the league next season is definitely false. There's no doubt in my mind it's just a document that somebody worked up based off of rumors and confirmed info. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

17 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Again, why is the old Pistons logo used in Tweaks?  Shouldn't is be a TBA as well?

I think you may just be overthinking it. This kind of document doesn't have to be "perfect", as the general public isn't really supposed to see it.

1 hour ago, ScubaSteve said:

I think you may just be overthinking it. This kind of document doesn't have to be "perfect", as the general public isn't really supposed to see it.

Documents like this are pretty consistent in the details though.  The adidas catalog that was publicly available always grayed out new logos whenever they were used, not just one time. And I'm not sure Nike or adidas would use the word "Tweaks" on an official document.  

Finally...if this document isn't supposed to go to the general public, then why not show the actual logo?  Every retailer knows what the new logo will be.  Fanatics surely knows what it will look like, right?  Retailers know what new logos will look like before the public...so there'd be no reason to hide it now that Minnesota and Portland have been unveiled.

The kicker is the "no alternate uniforms".  There's no way Nike would print that on anything.

This document above reminds of the NFL Color Rush document that was wildly incorrect, and that one was more professional.  

CgL-5KHUUAA710k.jpg-large.jpg

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Documents like this are pretty consistent in the details though.  The adidas catalog that was publicly available always grayed out new logos whenever they were used, not just one time. And I'm not sure Nike or adidas would use the word "Tweaks" on an official document.  

Finally...if this document isn't supposed to go to the general public, then why not show the actual logo?  Every retailer knows what the new logo will be.  Fanatics surely knows what it will look like, right?  Retailers know what new logos will look like before the public...so there'd be no reason to hide it now that Minnesota and Portland have been unveiled.

The kicker is the "no alternate uniforms".  There's no way Nike would print that on anything.

This document above reminds of the NFL Color Rush document that was wildly incorrect, and that one was more professional.  

CgL-5KHUUAA710k.jpg-large.jpg

So MORE professional = elaborate fake; less professional = real because the league/manufacturer is cheap? ;)

8 minutes ago, sayahh said:

So MORE professional = elaborate fake; less professional = real because the league/manufacturer is cheap? ;)

It was more professional than the unprofessional NBA sheet. ^_^

On 5/8/2017 at 9:42 PM, mjd77 said:

I know it won't happen and that's too bad.  Teams like Houston thought it was worth a few more bucks to destroy their identity with the black and grey garbage.  Have they worn red on the road at all in the playoffs? 

Former Rockets fan here (1991-1995), and this franchise is known to kick a good thing down the road.

They ditched what I would call iconic red and yellow era combo worn from Moses Malone era to the titles team in favor of THE most clownish uniforms in NBA history.

The 'rocket ship pinstripe' uniforms from 1996-2003 were so cartoonishly awful I shuddered every time I saw them compete (the Pontiac Aztek of NBA kits).

Then they brought in pretty basic designs which were a godsend compared to their predecessors, but used wide shoulder designed that again deeply flawed the set.

I would therefore contend that for the last 22 years the Houston Rockets have no identity, and have muddled through several variations ranging from god awful to unnoticeable. 

I very much hope Nike will be the one group that can set the rocket back on course.

21 minutes ago, Derek94 said:

Former Rockets fan here (1991-1995), and this franchise is known to kick a good thing down the road.

They ditched what I would call iconic red and yellow era combo worn from Moses Malone era to the titles team in favor of THE most clownish uniforms in NBA history.

The 'rocket ship pinstripe' uniforms from 1996-2003 were so cartoonishly awful I shuddered every time I saw them compete (the Pontiac Aztek of NBA kits).

Then they brought in pretty basic designs which were a godsend compared to their predecessors, but used wide shoulder designed that again deeply flawed the set.

I would therefore contend that for the last 22 years the Houston Rockets have no identity, and have muddled through several variations ranging from god awful to unnoticeable. 

I very much hope Nike will be the one group that can set the rocket back on course.

Didn't you get the memo?...the Rockets can't go back to red and yellow because they are McDonalds colors or ketchup and mustard.  At least that's the beyond stupid reasoning you hear from some folks.

Archived