NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

20 hours ago, Teal said:

I’m chilled and quite frankly I don’t care much to see them. I was simply asking if we have any colour cues or anything. No need to jump down my throat. 

I think the point trying to be made is we understand your eagerness, because we're all eager to know. But, you'll know when we know or we'll know when you know and eventually we'll know here. The annoyance though comes when you ask the same question every 2-3 pages. Obviously things haven't changed if you haven't heard or seen anything.

Patience young grasshopper. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, kimball said:

I think the point trying to be made is we understand your eagerness, because we're all eager to know. But, you'll know when we know or we'll know when you know and eventually we'll know here. The annoyance though comes when you ask the same question every 2-3 pages. Obviously things haven't changed if you haven't heard or seen anything.

Patience young grasshopper. 

That was the first time I asked, and I simply asked if we KNEW any colour cues not "where are the pics".

Jaguars

1 hour ago, Teal said:

That was the first time I asked, and I simply asked if we KNEW any colour cues not "where are the pics".

Well, it's not just the ASG jerseys, it was the City and Statement jerseys too. I'm dropping it. But, really, just be patient ... you'll know when we know.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

They need an alternate court. It looks so out of place with no green anywhere. 

Those were my thoughts exactly. It look horrible on that court.

kimball banner.png

7 hours ago, keynote said:

ESPN's graphics department hasn't bothered to update the Wizards' wallpaper in some time.  That "W" looks like it hails from the blue/black/bronze era.

RUvUWPnl.jpg

I think that’s just ESPN trying to be clever.  Everything else on the background is updated.  It’s like when they had 90s rocket for Houston a year or two ago, or the custom “LA” background/wallpaper for the Lakers during the 2017 lottery.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

Can't even ask a question

Did you try hitting the question mark key on your smart phone / PC / Mac?  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Teal needs a rebrand.  Maybe switch to Black for a few months, then go back to Teal.

If, of course, you can go back from Black, which I've heard you can never do.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

One player on the Xavier team wore what looked like a sleeved jersey. I couldn't tell if it was a compression shirt or not. Since Xavier wears Nike, does that potentially mean that Adidas isn'

One player on the Xavier team wore what looked like a sleeved jersey. I couldn't tell if it was a compression shirt or not. Since Xavier wears Nike, does that potentially mean that Adidas isn't the only outfitter who makes sleeved jerseys and should NBA fans worry about it, assuming it was a sleeved jersey to begin with.

24 minutes ago, sayahh said:

One player on the Xavier team wore what looked like a sleeved jersey. I couldn't tell if it was a compression shirt or not. Since Xavier wears Nike, does that potentially mean that Adidas isn't the only outfitter who makes sleeved jerseys and should NBA fans worry about it, assuming it was a sleeved jersey to begin with.

I can assure you he was not wearing a sleeved jersey. And no, NBA fans do not need to worry about Nike introducing their own sleeved jerseys.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

23 hours ago, Digby said:

Wolves would look great if that was somewhere between a kelly and forest green. The neon has gotta go.

Any green associated with this look is out of place. 

kimball banner.png

For the first time all season, the traditional matchup of white at home and dark away was not the most common in the league. 19 games (41% of the week) saw home teams in dark and visitors in white. Only 16 games (35%) had the traditional matchup. The traditional matchup has now occurred in only 48% of all games this season.

Other interesting observations over the past week:

• The Knicks became the last team to participate in a color v. color game, doing so for the first time on 1/5 at Miami (blue vs. red).
    • The only other team to have only one color vs. color game is the Kings.
  • The Bulls and Rockets have played the most color vs. color games (14 each).
  • The Pelicans are the team most likely to wear contrasting lower body accessories - they've been mismatched in 50% of their games.
    • Only 4 teams (Cavs, Nuggets, Warriors, Suns) have played 0 games with contrasting accessories.
  • The Pistons have the longest current streak in one uniform - 5 straight in gray.
    • They also have the longest streak of the season in one uniform - 10 straight in white.
  • The most commonly worn uniform is the Timberwolves navy - appearing in 66% of their games.

Archived