NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Nope, they wore ‘em for the first time back on November 17th:

Pacers-11-17-17-e1510980614125.jpg

Good to know. My biggest takeaway from tonight's game is that Indiana desperately needs a throwback court if they want to keep the Hickory gimmick up. DTELoFbW4AAOmMc?format=jpg

4 minutes ago, mgfoxx said:

Good to know. My biggest takeaway from tonight's game is that Indiana desperately needs a throwback court if they want to keep the Hickory gimmick up. 

Yep, if they’re gonna continue with the Hickory thing, they might as well go all out with it and use a court design like the one that’s currently in the Historic Hoosier Gym:hoosiers06.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

It's not even a throwback. They aren't even the same team!

That’s the issue you’re gonna raise, not the fact that the Hickory Hoosiers weren’t even a real team*? 

*Technically they were loosely based on the 1954 Milan High School team, but still fictional nonetheless.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 08/01/2018 at 1:42 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

Teal needs a rebrand.  Maybe switch to Black for a few months, then go back to Teal.

If, of course, you can go back from Black, which I've heard you can never do.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Jaguars

46 minutes ago, Digby said:

I'm so tired of the Hickory gimmick. It was cute for like a season or so. Three straight seasons (and two different jersey sets!) is too much.

Yeah. Maybe you could do a Pacers version of the jersey? Keep the colors but at least you're representing your actual team name.

But I agree, one season maybe. Any more is kind of embarassing

5 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

Yeah. Maybe you could do a Pacers version of the jersey? Keep the colors but at least you're representing your actual team name.

But I agree, one season maybe. Any more is kind of embarassing

They kinda have an apprioriate REAL LIFE option from their time in the ABA. This would work and IMO be a MUCH better option than the Hickory jerseys.

1397503620035-inidc5-5kl8r6209gixw1dsg1i

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

The embarrassing thing about the Hickory jerseys is that they were part of the classic edition. I’m not a huge fan of the Pacers using them but as a city uniform it would have made sense, that we missed a real throwback so that the Pacers could wear a fictional teams jersey is annoying 

07Giants.pngnyy.png

2 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

The embarrassing thing about the Hickory jerseys is that they were part of the classic edition. I’m not a huge fan of the Pacers using them but as a city uniform it would have made sense, that we missed a real throwback so that the Pacers could wear a fictional teams jersey is annoying 

Agreed.

And, if you're doing a throwback though ... go with the Flo-Jo's.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I wish the Pacers had done a throwback in the “Hoosiers” style, not what they’ve done. Yellow shorts and plain navy blue jerseys with INDIANA, the numbers and player name in yellow and the same font as the “Hoosiers” set. 

it would still convey the same message but be a Pacers uniform. 

I feel that someday we will look back and say, “Remember the 2017-18 NBA uniforms? Those were some crazy times.” I’m willing to bet these uniforms are legit, and they are another testament to how poorly Nike has outfitted the NBA this season. 

3 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

Nike didn't just take a huge dump on these jerseys -- it was more like explosive diarrhea.

Yuck. 

kimball banner.png

Archived