Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

If the Hickory uniforms were only for one night, it'd be much less of an issue. I feel the same way with the city jerseys. Why do they need to be a regular part of the rotation?

1 hour ago, TaylorMade said:

When are the Clippers going to bust out the LA Knights jerseys?

like-mike-1_400x.jpg?v=1501649125

Still a better logo and uniform than the current Clippers. 

5 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

Yeah. Maybe you could do a Pacers version of the jersey? Keep the colors but at least you're representing your actual team name.

But I agree, one season maybe. Any more is kind of embarassing

They kinda have an apprioriate REAL LIFE option from their time in the ABA. This would work and IMO be a MUCH better option than the Hickory jerseys.

1397503620035-inidc5-5kl8r6209gixw1dsg1i

The embarrassing thing about the Hickory jerseys is that they were part of the classic edition. I’m not a huge fan of the Pacers using them but as a city uniform it would have made sense, that we missed a real throwback so that the Pacers could wear a fictional teams jersey is annoying 

2 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

The embarrassing thing about the Hickory jerseys is that they were part of the classic edition. I’m not a huge fan of the Pacers using them but as a city uniform it would have made sense, that we missed a real throwback so that the Pacers could wear a fictional teams jersey is annoying 

Agreed.

And, if you're doing a throwback though ... go with the Flo-Jo's.

I wish the Pacers had done a throwback in the “Hoosiers” style, not what they’ve done. Yellow shorts and plain navy blue jerseys with INDIANA, the numbers and player name in yellow and the same font as the “Hoosiers” set. 

it would still convey the same message but be a Pacers uniform. 

I feel that someday we will look back and say, “Remember the 2017-18 NBA uniforms? Those were some crazy times.” I’m willing to bet these uniforms are legit, and they are another testament to how poorly Nike has outfitted the NBA this season. 

3 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

Nike didn't just take a huge dump on these jerseys -- it was more like explosive diarrhea.

Yuck. 

As ugly as they are (and they are very ugly), I like the idea of having the team name/logo be the focus of the jerseys (versus All-Star or East/West).

Fans buying all-star jerseys are buying them for the player/team. Makes sense to have those be the focus.

My brain, trained by the 90s, kind of expects All Star jerseys to be terrible. So in that context, this wouldn't be that bad.

2 minutes ago, RichO said:

My brain, trained by the 90s, kind of expects All Star jerseys to be terrible. So in that context, this wouldn't be that bad.

Truuuuuue ... there are these ...

kd1.jpg

and these ...

2015_nba_all_star_jersey_1.jpg

I do like the idea of using a team's jersey template with a common color scheme for each team. Kind of like the Rookie Challenge jerseys from the ASW in New York back in 2015.

463387412_10.jpg

I bet it’s real

Tobias Harris is wearing a red sleeve and blue tights with the Pistons' "chrome" jerseys. 

tobias-harris-of-the-detroit-pistons-han

42 minutes ago, TaylorMade said:

Tobias Harris is wearing a red sleeve and blue tights with the Pistons' "chrome" jerseys. 

From what I’ve seen, Pistons players have worn the red arm sleeves and headbands with the gray uniforms several times this season.