Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

5 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

The Spurs would have a great and classic silver uniform if Nike would make these instead of the logo and the number that IMO is a mess.  

This is how Nike created it the first time (circa 2004) and did it right.  Not that hard to go back to it if they put their mindset to it.

76ers v Spurs : News Photo

Yes! Love the diamond on the shorts like the Bulls have.

I have no problem with the ASG designs that are leaking-- the ASG uniforms have always looked pretty bad.  Honestly I'd be more likely to buy a player-tee of this design than most of the past ones.

On 10.01.2018 at 5:53 PM, TaylorMade said:

brooklyn-nets-christmas-day-adidas-unifo

Cut sleeves and voilà, your ASG jersey is ready.

Why no NBA team has claimed black and gold is beyond me.

12 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Why no NBA team has claimed black and gold is beyond me.

Agreed. I believe the Pels wanted to go with the colors to match the Saints? Not sure why the NBA didn't approve that.

Great look -- color wise -- the jersey design is another story. I love that there's a matching court. The NBA needs more of this if they're going to be introducing non-team colors for these City jerseys and whatnot.

EDIT: Didn't notice that wonky cursive 'Welcome' font under the baskets. I take back half of what I said about loving the court.

14 minutes ago, kimball said:

Agreed. I believe the Pels wanted to go with the colors to match the Saints? Not sure why the NBA didn't approve that.

Great look -- color wise -- the jersey design is another story. I love that there's a matching court. The NBA needs more of this if they're going to be introducing non-team colors for these City jerseys and whatnot.

EDIT: Didn't notice that wonky cursive 'Welcome' font under the baskets. I take back half of what I said about loving the court.

Welcome To Ronto?

I really like that alternate court for Toronto, although it could use a touch here and there. The uniforms are a no for me though.

1 hour ago, anythinglogos said:

Welcome To Ronto?

I believe it's actually "JVelcome TORONTO"

Must be a Canadian thing?  I dunno, I'm not from 'NORTH'.

That "Welcome" kinda reminds me of the old "The Finals" font.

1 hour ago, anythinglogos said:

Welcome To Ronto?

"Welcome Toronto" is odd phrasing, agreed. Are the Raptors always the visiting team?  Or is that their way of welcoming the fans?

I might be a minority but I like the design over the regulars. Should’ve just used the chevron for the home and roads- adds something to a boring look and makes more sense with the whole north thing.

6 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

Welcome To Ronto?

R.O., or RDot.

Finally a court with decal AND PAINT!!

Denver and New Orleans court would be so much better if they add color to their paint!!

Uniforms still suck but they kinda work.

Now as for my comments on the ASG unis... 😐🔫

7 hours ago, keynote said:

"Welcome Toronto" is odd phrasing, agreed. Are the Raptors always the visiting team?  Or is that their way of welcoming the fans?

It's a nod to Drake, one of OVO's slogans is "Welcome OVO", it's even their instagram name

50 minutes ago, Zilla2K said:

It's a nod to Drake, one of OVO's slogans is "Welcome OVO", it's even their instagram name

The funk is OVO?

It's an owl icon, isn't it? It's either the mascot for some company he runs or he has some sort of thing for owls (weirdo).

9 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

It's an owl icon, isn't it? It's either the mascot for some company he runs or he has some sort of thing for owls (weirdo).

Yeah - isn't OVO (which stands for the record label October's Very Own) supposed to look like owl eyes and a nose?

Yeah, Toronto is taking the co-branding with Drake too far. 

The Nets did a good job of drafting off of Jay-Z's street cred without overdoing it.  They play classic Brooklyn hip hop as part of the in-game entertainment (Biggie, Gangstarr, Jay-Z, etc.), but they also play songs from other artists as well.  They use slogans that reference Jay-Z, yet still work for the team, e.g., Hello Brooklyn, Brooklyn We Go Hard, etc.   Yet they maintain other ties to their borough (e.g., the Brooklyn Dodgers alts) and to their franchise (their fauxback New York Nets' jerseys).  And it's not as if the Nets' new black/white color scheme was a specific nod to Jay-Z (sure, he wore black and white on an album cover once, but they weren't his signature colors, per se).  

The Raptors' use of Drake's black and gold doesn't have any dual meaning for the city or the franchise that I'm aware off, other than "we're using Drake's colors."  

7 hours ago, keynote said:

Yeah, Toronto is taking the co-branding with Drake too far. 

The Nets did a good job of drafting off of Jay-Z's street cred without overdoing it.  They play classic Brooklyn hip hop as part of the in-game entertainment (Biggie, Gangstarr, Jay-Z, etc.), but they also play songs from other artists as well.  They use slogans that reference Jay-Z, yet still work for the team, e.g., Hello Brooklyn, Brooklyn We Go Hard, etc.   Yet they maintain other ties to their borough (e.g., the Brooklyn Dodgers alts) and to their franchise (their fauxback New York Nets' jerseys).  And it's not as if the Nets' new black/white color scheme was a specific nod to Jay-Z (sure, he wore black and white on an album cover once, but they weren't his signature colors, per se).  

The Raptors' use of Drake's black and gold doesn't have any dual meaning for the city or the franchise that I'm aware off, other than "we're using Drake's colors."  

I agree all about the money yo, dont you know how nike works? (yes im aware black and gold are from years past too,)