Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

The Hawks are finally debuting their throwbacks tonight:

DUBS3xwWAAAJS2_?format=jpg

DUBSE-dWkAAp_k6?format=jpg

Aside from the ad patch, they look pretty great in action.

Also, the Thunder wore blue arm sleeves today for the first time this season (at least this is the first time I’ve seen them do it):

DUBTEJuXcAIqaLv?format=jpg

Hopefully they start wearing the blue sleeves with their Statement uniforms since the white arm sleeves clash terribly with them. And frankly I wouldn’t even mind if they wore the blue sleeves with their white uniforms as a way to add a bit more visual interest to one of the most boring uniforms in the league.

11 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Seeing them on a player, my only gripe is that the plaid pattern should’ve been centered a bit better...

Gah, now I can't unsee it.  Not a bad look, though.

Looks like the Heat will finally be unveiling their City uniforms tomorrow:

On 1/20/2018 at 6:53 PM, upperV03 said:

The Hawks are finally debuting their throwbacks tonight:

DUBS3xwWAAAJS2_?format=jpg

DUBSE-dWkAAp_k6?format=jpg

Aside from the ad patch, they look pretty great in action.

Me likey.

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Looks like the Heat will finally be unveiling their City uniforms tomorrow:

After last week's game in Milwaukee I am not holding my breath.

not sure this should live anywhere specific, but this is a really nice interview with Rodney Richardson (RARE Design) on developing NBA identities

Its Not All About The Logo

"There are four steps that we go through. It’s to Understand, Think, Create, and Manage. When people see the outcomes of our process, the identities themselves, they tend to only think about the Create phase. “You’re a designer; you draw things. You drew this wolf. Let’s critique your drawing.” But that’s not what a brand is. In the work of discovering and building a brand identity, it can be several months into the process before we get to the Create phase, because we have a lot of work to do—some of the hardest work, frankly—prior to that."

3 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

Is this the first instance of that style waistband appearing in multiple colors?

Nope. Chicago uses it, among others:

chicago-bulls-icon-edition-authentic-men

I was a skeptic but I love how Miami turned out. Most of these "City" uniforms have missed the mark but this does the best job of keeping the recognizable base with a very fresh and different look on top.

Hawks unis look great.  Also, finally a Lakers-Celtics game looking like it should tonight.

The Miami wordmark is what used to be on the old Miami Arena. (I knew it looked familiar.)

Nike Basketball has posted some nice snapshots of each team’s City uniform on their Instagram story. Here’s just a few of them:

Nx7fHO1.jpgyZUzyC4.jpgEdnVAmp.jpg

14 hours ago, Digby said:

I was a skeptic but I love how Miami turned out. Most of these "City" uniforms have missed the mark but this does the best job of keeping the recognizable base with a very fresh and different look on top.

Count me as a fan as well.

I hope next year's City jersey is this same style but black. 

6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Nike Basketball has posted some nice snapshots of each team’s City uniform on their Instagram story. Here’s just a few of them:

Nx7fHO1.jpg

It's nice to see that they used warm-up from "Rewind" series for this photo.

7 hours ago, upperV03 said:

EdnVAmp.jpg

I wonder if they were possibly trying to have Cream City across the chest instead of on the jock tag. Intrigued to see what that would look like.