NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Word is that the Magic will be debuting their “hey we are from the Space Coast kind of so lets plaster a galaxy across our chests” uniforms tomorrow vs the Lakers.

I played against them in 2k with those jerseys, and I actually love them and was on the fence about them. Hope they look as good in action. They are fun if they aren’t worn too much.

The Jazz are debuting their City jerseys tomorrow too.

From what I've seen on Twitter and other places, they seem to be extremely well received and the set is really growing on me (not that I hated it in the first place), but I can't bring myself to honestly look into merchandise for it because it's such a departure from the rest of the Jazz brand and they might not even wear it after this year.

IbjBaeE.png

7 hours ago, monkeypower said:

The Jazz are debuting their City jerseys tomorrow too.

From what I've seen on Twitter and other places, they seem to be extremely well received and the set is really growing on me (not that I hated it in the first place), but I can't bring myself to honestly look into merchandise for it because it's such a departure from the rest of the Jazz brand and they might not even wear it after this year.

Being someone that has lived in Southern Utah, I'm buying something ... not just if I want the jersey, hat, shirt -- or all of the above.

Probably the latter. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I'm underwhelmed by those Bucks uniforms. I never thought the NBA was lacking in cream colored uniforms. The whole Bucks current identity isn't my cup of tea. I think it's possibly the most overrated thing in the NBA right now, uniformwise. 

Give me the Oscar Robertson era red and green look or bust 

90758391980.gif

I like the jazz and kind of like it better than their current identity. I would not be mad if the jazz dropped the jazz current identity and came up with something more suited to match that. 

Also dislike the cream Bucks, feels forced. 

I know I know, unpopular. I’ll leave now

On 1/28/2018 at 8:13 PM, upperV03 said:

Here’s a couple better looks at the Pelicans’ City uniforms in action:

DUqPehtXcAAaIgw?format=jpg

920x920.jpg

Also, the Pistons wore red socks and tights with their white uniforms today and it looked awful (at least IMO):

DUqsdAYWAAIT-we?format=jpg

The Thunder are finally wearing blue arm sleeves with their Statement uniforms today and it looks so much better:

DUq3OGGW4AAxBxf?format=jpg

And lastly, the Lakers have been wearing new purple-topped white socks over the past week or so:

DUquCm5WAAASX3f?format=jpg

Previously they had just been wearing plain white socks with a purple swoosh:

905367438-los-angeles-lakers-v-memphis-g

I swear next year, the NBA needs to put a stop to Yellow V. White matchups.

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

You know what? I am all in on this now.

DUv3mdpVMAAGXyC.jpg

Oh, I'm all in on this look too.

Plus, I think this will prove the need for other teams that go with a different color scheme for their city jerseys to have a matching court. It was tough watching the Bulls, Pels, Heat and Grizz on their current courts.

Not to mention the T'Wolves and Rockets with their statement jerseys. 

I just love the Jazz, Raptors, Kings and Bucks have embraced the secondary courts (three for the Kings). 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

56 minutes ago, bowld said:

^^^ Final photo we ever see of BG32 in a Clippers jersey

I was thinking that earlier but decided it was too sad already to post about it. That and USC renaming the Coliseum as the United Airlines Memorial Coliseum. I would only go if it was literally the United Airlines Memorial Coliseum, as in UA died and ceased to exist as a company.

Archived