NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

22 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I'm actually not a huge fan of the side stripes on those Blazers alternates. Feels like they were tacked on just so there'd be side stripes.

I'd agree with this, and the connection with the city flag is a little too tenuous and abstract for me.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Frylock said:

For me, they are a solid 8.75/10. I'd like these a whole lot better if they increased the learning between rip and city. Right now, it reads as "ripcity". At the end of the day, they are still better than the blood clots, er, statement uniforms.

"Rip City" is cool. Seeing "ripcity," it looks like it should be pronounced "RIP-sid-ee," which sounds like a tech firm that will go out of business in 2 years.

23 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s a couple looks at Orlando’s City uniforms in action:

DU6QUtmX0AAs_WJ?format=jpg

Imagine what would be If Magic be allowed to wear these underpants instead of black:

il_340x270.1448727619_eh0f.jpg

Anyway I'm so suprising, those Magic uniforms looks really really good.

4r2eer.png

On 1/31/2018 at 9:06 PM, kimball said:

EDIT: Also found this poll ... City is leading by a wide margin. I love these jerseys, I'm just not sold on it for a full-time look.

https://twitter.com/utahjazz/status/958817577500684288 

I agree with you. It's a great look and a great story for why they are the way they are, I just think they're too much to be the full-time base set.

IbjBaeE.png

5 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

DVAQSeYU0AI8_XE?format=jpg

On the reveal the number and the pick ax had an awkward gap -- that's been fixed (or the reveal was wrong?). I actually like these in action more than I thought I would.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

4 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I agree with you. It's a great look and a great story for why they are the way they are, I just think they're too much to be the full-time base set.

Agreed with you and @kimball here. These, as-is, are a bit much for a permanent set. They're fantastic jerseys that look even better than I ever thought, but my biggest concern with them is that "off-brand" aspect for a team that's had issues sticking with a consistent color scheme for more than 7 years since their first big rebrand in 1997. It'd be cool if the Jazz can find a way to more subtlety integrate the striping into their permanent set and color scheme (with side panels or even horizontal striping like the sleeved Pride jerseys of 2016-17, sans sleeves, of course; that could work wonderfully if done right (though I can't imagine a way horizontal striping across the chest on a sleeveless jersey would not look like the Nuggets' 1980s jerseys). But if the Jazz were to either go with the desert sunset look full-time or more subtlety integrate it into their current color scheme, I'd lock them into that color scheme for at least 10 years, because doing so would only cement them as the NBA's Vancouver Canucks or San Diego Padres, just as @Ice_Cap has said.

Also worth noting: Now that they've worn jerseys with red on them, the Utah Jazz have worn nearly every basic color (not accounting for different shades of, say, green and blue) on the entire professional sports color spectrum at some point in their history.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Wolves jersey actually did the white on grey jersey very well. Looked like trash when the Celtics did it (granted they did sleeves and v neck). These city jerseys have been pretty great. Curious to see how Cleveland’s look in action. 

Those Nuggets alternates are another example of pointless side striping being there just to be there. It clutters what is otherwise a nice look.

I like the shorts. I think they could have been the centerpiece of a tasteful update of Utah's '90s mountain identity if the Nuggets hadn't beaten them to it.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

6 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

Also worth noting: Now that they've worn jerseys with red on them, the Utah Jazz have worn nearly every basic color (not accounting for different shades of, say, green and blue) on the entire professional sports color spectrum at some point in their history.

That's what happens when you start chasing sales trends rather than focusing on building your brand. That switch to blue has done far more damage to the Jazz than I think anyone in 2004 anticipated.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

20 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The Blazers’ Twitter account with another dig at the whole Raptors “North” thing:

Portland is still pretending that "We the North" isn't referring to the entire country of Canada, and not just Toronto eh?

banners

21 minutes ago, DAKINS24 said:

Portland is still pretending that "We the North" isn't referring to the entire country of Canada, and not just Toronto eh?

I think most people know by now it’s referring to the entire country of Canada, but the slogan itself makes it seem like they’re claiming that they’re the northernmost team in the league, which is why so many, including the Blazers, poke fun at it. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I think most people know by now it’s referring to the entire country of Canada, but the slogan itself makes it seem like they’re claiming that they’re the northernmost team in the league, which is why so many, including the Blazers, poke fun at it. 

Yep. I like the Blazers digging at that aspect of Toronto's "We the North" slogan, but they'll lose their upper hand the moment Seattle (or, by some miracle, Vancouver) land a team again.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Archived