Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

A couple looks at the Sixers’ City uniforms in action:

DVE3zCbXkAANIqb?format=jpgDVExxEDWsAcTv-T?format=jpg

They look pretty good, I just wish they weren’t wearing the badly mismatched white tights with them.

Not horrible, but the script just bugs the hell out of me. It's too thin. Sure it's suppose to look like Thomas Jefferson's signature or whatever the Nike story was trying to tell us ... but, theres no balance with the thin script and bold number. 

In D-League news, the Erie BayHawks are wearing Atlanta Hawks fauxbacks tonight:

iC4yA2L.jpg

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

In G-League news, the Erie BayHawks are wearing Atlanta Hawks fauxbacks tonight:

iC4yA2L.jpg

FTFY 😁😁😁 (couldn't help it fam)

nba_gleague_2nd_stacked_-_pref.jpg

Ok. I concede. Now that I'm seeing them again, my opinion on the Magic's City uniforms has completely flipped. I freaking love them. That galaxy print has now bought itself a spot in my "ideal" Magic uniform.

What is that, you may ask? Well, here we go:

Association: White, grey uncurved (but still spaced out) pinstripes, galaxy print in primarily black side panels, blue "MAGIC" on front with blue NOB and #OB, star on shorts

Icon: Blue, same design as Association but with a white "ORLANDO" on the front with a white NOB and #OB

Statement: Black, blue pinstripes, galaxy print in primarily black side panels, white "ORLANDO" on front with white NOB and #OB, star on shorts

City: Same as current City uniform, but with "ORLANDO" on the front in white instead of the comet-ball

Thought: With the current design of the ASG jersey ... how long before we see a jersey without front numbers?

Granted we've kinda seen that with TV numbers on the sleeved jerseys, but are front numbers THAT necessary?

Actually don’t mind Cavs unis, much would have preferrred a yellow or blue but they aren’t bad even with the white numbers. 

23 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Court for ASG:

DVAYrknU8AAcqG-.jpg

I like the nods to the Clippers and Lakers. Nice.

Couple looks at the Pacers’ City uniforms in action:

DVJ1W7dX0AIz4gt?format=jpgDVKG-WDWAAAHvat?format=jpg

Couple looks at the debut of the Cavs’ City uniforms:

DVKRzsMW4AEX6RR?format=jpgDVKKzbdX0AU1Dvo?format=jpg

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Couple looks at the debut of the Cavs’ City uniforms:

DVKRzsMW4AEX6RR?format=jpgDVKKzbdX0AU1Dvo?format=jpg

Actually looked pretty good. There's aspects of them i dont like, such as the logo under and armpit and the side panels not going all the way up. But the white and grey look good especially with the gold highlight

as for houston. I know they havent worn their city jerseys yet. I dont even care if they do. So uninspired. I bet they look around the league and are a little embarrassed. 

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Couple looks at the Pacers’ City uniforms in action:

DVJ1W7dX0AIz4gt?format=jpgDVKG-WDWAAAHvat?format=jpg

I think they'd look better with a thinner yellow checkerboard line. Watching them in action it kinda looked like a quarter of the front was yellow. 

I really like those Pacers uniforms but the waist band should continue the yellow stripe. It looks incomplete with the blue waist band. I also think it may be a nice but gimmicky look if they made the left tight leg yellow with checkers and the right blue. It would read as a continuation of the stripe.

Those Pacers uniforms were nice..if they came out with them this summer I would have appreciatedthem more.

On 2/3/2018 at 9:00 PM, kimball said:

Thought: With the current design of the ASG jersey ... how long before we see a jersey without front numbers?

Granted we've kinda seen that with TV numbers on the sleeved jerseys, but are front numbers THAT necessary?

For the NBA, it would probably be fine, but I will say that I have kept the score book for a few local high school all-star games in recent years, and trying to ID players without front numbers was a nightmare.

On 2/3/2018 at 9:00 PM, kimball said:

I think for officials and official scorers, front numbers are an important aspect to retain. Is it doable without? Sure - but I think it would be a painful process and you'd see multiple errors in assigning fouls to the incorrect individual.

On 2/4/2018 at 12:02 AM, HighCheese said:

as for houston. I know they havent worn their city jerseys yet. I dont even care if they do. So uninspired. I bet they look around the league and are a little embarrassed. 

With Houston going through an ownership change before the season started. I'm guessing the previous owner wanted everything to stay the same despite the switch to Nike that way the new owner could do what he likes with the team's look next season. Or the rockets just dont care and would rather be the team that tries to own the color red in the league as they wear it for almost every game and has their court be just red with minimal black accents

12 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

With Houston going through an ownership change before the season started. I'm guessing the previous owner wanted everything to stay the same despite the switch to Nike that way the new owner could do what he likes with the team's look next season. Or the rockets just dont care and would rather be the team that tries to own the color red in the league as they wear it for almost every game and has their court be just red with minimal black accents

They've worn red in less than half of their games. If anybody is "owning" red, it's the Bulls. They've worn red in a higher percentage and total number of games so far this season.

14 minutes ago, coachcw_51 said:

They've worn red in less than half of their games. If anybody is "owning" red, it's the Bulls. They've worn red in a higher percentage and total number of games so far this season.

ah gotcha. I hadnt seen a breakdown. It just feels like the Rockets have worn red a lot based off of what I see when I flip past their games on tv. I know that they have worn the black alt a lot and I just keep missing it on tv. I do know they hardly wear white anymore.

On 2/1/2018 at 6:31 PM, upperV03 said:

Couple looks at the debut of the Wolves’ City uniforms:

DU_tQzXWkAAoNJG?format=jpg

Solid B, like everything else NIKE has produced this season.  One little tweak of outlining "WOLVES" the same as the numbers would go a long way here.   Sigh.  Good, not great.