NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Couple looks at the Pacers’ City uniforms in action:

DVJ1W7dX0AIz4gt?format=jpgDVKG-WDWAAAHvat?format=jpg

I think they'd look better with a thinner yellow checkerboard line. Watching them in action it kinda looked like a quarter of the front was yellow. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like those Pacers uniforms but the waist band should continue the yellow stripe. It looks incomplete with the blue waist band. I also think it may be a nice but gimmicky look if they made the left tight leg yellow with checkers and the right blue. It would read as a continuation of the stripe.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

On 2/3/2018 at 9:00 PM, kimball said:

Thought: With the current design of the ASG jersey ... how long before we see a jersey without front numbers?

Granted we've kinda seen that with TV numbers on the sleeved jerseys, but are front numbers THAT necessary?

For the NBA, it would probably be fine, but I will say that I have kept the score book for a few local high school all-star games in recent years, and trying to ID players without front numbers was a nightmare.

On 2/3/2018 at 9:00 PM, kimball said:

Thought: With the current design of the ASG jersey ... how long before we see a jersey without front numbers?

Granted we've kinda seen that with TV numbers on the sleeved jerseys, but are front numbers THAT necessary?

I think for officials and official scorers, front numbers are an important aspect to retain. Is it doable without? Sure - but I think it would be a painful process and you'd see multiple errors in assigning fouls to the incorrect individual.

On 2/4/2018 at 12:02 AM, HighCheese said:

as for houston. I know they havent worn their city jerseys yet. I dont even care if they do. So uninspired. I bet they look around the league and are a little embarrassed. 

With Houston going through an ownership change before the season started. I'm guessing the previous owner wanted everything to stay the same despite the switch to Nike that way the new owner could do what he likes with the team's look next season. Or the rockets just dont care and would rather be the team that tries to own the color red in the league as they wear it for almost every game and has their court be just red with minimal black accents

12 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

With Houston going through an ownership change before the season started. I'm guessing the previous owner wanted everything to stay the same despite the switch to Nike that way the new owner could do what he likes with the team's look next season. Or the rockets just dont care and would rather be the team that tries to own the color red in the league as they wear it for almost every game and has their court be just red with minimal black accents

They've worn red in less than half of their games. If anybody is "owning" red, it's the Bulls. They've worn red in a higher percentage and total number of games so far this season.

14 minutes ago, coachcw_51 said:

They've worn red in less than half of their games. If anybody is "owning" red, it's the Bulls. They've worn red in a higher percentage and total number of games so far this season.

ah gotcha. I hadnt seen a breakdown. It just feels like the Rockets have worn red a lot based off of what I see when I flip past their games on tv. I know that they have worn the black alt a lot and I just keep missing it on tv. I do know they hardly wear white anymore.

On 2/1/2018 at 6:31 PM, upperV03 said:

Couple looks at the debut of the Wolves’ City uniforms:

DU_tQzXWkAAoNJG?format=jpg

Solid B, like everything else NIKE has produced this season.  One little tweak of outlining "WOLVES" the same as the numbers would go a long way here.   Sigh.  Good, not great.

1 hour ago, deltarich87 said:

Kings debuting their 3rd! court tonight to go with their city uniforms

The fact they made the lines on the court grey instead of white is incredibly stupid. Not only does it look bad but it doesn't even go with the white in the lion logo.

bSLCtu2.png

4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The fact they made the lines on the court grey instead of white is incredibly stupid. Not only does it look bad but it doesn't even go with the white in the lion logo.

The lines were hard to see in person too, They need ditch grey in this poorly thought out "city" look.

Archived