NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Lights Out said:

As foreshadowed by the promo photos, Lou Williams debuted the Clippers' San Diego fauxbacks in the Skills Challenge! They look great on the court.

Clips need to change their entire identity to this scheme.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

5 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

No ads on the jerseys for All-Star Saturday Night!

I'm kinda surprised they didn't have the ASG event sponsor logos on the jerseys like years past. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

9 hours ago, kimball said:

I'm kinda surprised they didn't have the ASG event sponsor logos on the jerseys like years past. 

Just guessing here, but I would imagine it’s part of the agreement with the regular jersey sponsors. You won’t be included on all-star jerseys, but we also won’t replace you with anything else. I could see how an advertiser would want that commitment so as not to devalue their sponsorship.

25 minutes ago, justin23iu said:

Just guessing here, but I would imagine it’s part of the agreement with the regular jersey sponsors. You won’t be included on all-star jerseys, but we also won’t replace you with anything else. I could see how an advertiser would want that commitment so as not to devalue their sponsorship.

I'm more cynical and think that the ads sold were limited to regular season games and All Star Games were not included (read: would cost more).

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it's nice for the occasional alternate but nevr bought the talk that the Heat should switch to Vice colors, the Heat already have 30 years of sustained success and 3 titles  wearing more or less the same colors and those aren't it. Has Wade even wore the regular Heat jersey since his return?

07Giants.pngnyy.png

I say keep it coming. I think that the Heat's regular set is fine, but I love the Vice set so much. Their team has been successful in red, but their identity has changed since the Shaq, Wade, and Big 3 eras so I think that a visual change makes sense as well. I'd love to see them switch to that design full time today. 

spacer.png

Nice to see the Blazers and Lakers both wearing the proper uniforms for tonight’s rivalry matchup:

DXk8ixkWsAAWL7A?format=jpg

Games between these two are generally really nice and classic looking, but the first two matchups between them this season featured the Lakers inexplicably wearing white on the road and purple at home (and the Blazers wore black at home in the first game), so it’s nice to finally see the classic matchup again down in Staples tonight.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived