NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

15 hours ago, M4One said:

I've never heard of 5miles.  Might have something to do with me living in Canada.

It's about 8 kilometers.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Rainbow is a nice novelty once in a while, but it would probably get old as a full time uniform. That said, I’d love to see a clean, modern take on it as an alternate. I never liked the versions that forced the blue and gold color scheme into the rainbow design.

Whaaaaaat?

I've never really like the rainbow look but those yellow alts were my favorite NBA jerseys during their tenure and I wish they kept them as they were. The new design is nice but also a significant downgrade. One of the more subtle issues, removing the logo on the neck piping. I really dislike the amount of teams with single-colored solid piping. Makes jerseys look like replicas.

DJ93GLPVwAEr2uL.jpg:large

10 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

Whaaaaaat?

I've never really like the rainbow look but those yellow alts were my favorite NBA jerseys during their tenure and I wish they kept them as they were. The new design is nice but also a significant downgrade. One of the more subtle issues, removing the logo on the neck piping. I really dislike the amount of teams with single-colored solid piping. Makes jerseys look like replicas.

DJ93GLPVwAEr2uL.jpg:large

The skyline and mountains on the new unis do look pretty awful. The usual yellow/white problem. Imagine how much better the new jersey would look with a thin navy stroke around the mountains.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

There was a miracle last night.  The Houston Rockets actually wore white, albeit on the road.  I don't follow the NBA, but every time I've seen them on the highlights, they are in red.  Allowing teams to wear whichever jersey they want at home is fine, but I think there needs to be a better system so the team isn't always in the same jersey, no matter whether they are on the road or at home.  The Lakers is the same thing with always being in yellow.  Always seeing them in yellow on the highlights.  

15 hours ago, M4One said:

There was a miracle last night.  The Houston Rockets actually wore white, albeit on the road.  I don't follow the NBA, but every time I've seen them on the highlights, they are in red.  Allowing teams to wear whichever jersey they want at home is fine, but I think there needs to be a better system so the team isn't always in the same jersey, no matter whether they are on the road or at home.  The Lakers is the same thing with always being in yellow.  Always seeing them in yellow on the highlights.  

Would like to see the Lakers return to tradition. The white jerseys really pop when it’s only once in a while and sucks never seeing the purple.

1 hour ago, Froob said:

Would like to see the Lakers return to tradition. The white jerseys really pop when it’s only once in a while and sucks never seeing the purple.

Still hate the white jersey. They're the Lakers, not the Pacers.

On 3/6/2018 at 10:59 AM, kimball said:

So who are the lucky 10?

• Portland
  • Phoenix
  • Memphis
  • Chicago
  • Oklahoma City
  • Dallas
  • Houston
  • San Antonio
  • Washington
  • Indiana

Is that right?

It really surprises me that the Bulls, Mavs and Rockets don't have a sponsor yet considering their market size and all.

I personally have a decent sized list of companies I'd like to see as Chicago's jersey ad, but I have a hunch that the Bulls jersey ad is going to look terrible (when they do inevitably get one). 

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

1 minute ago, CitizenTino said:

Were we aware that Nike is apparently determining what every team wears--including accessories--for every game now? This is crazy.

So it's Nike's fault that Miami is wearing the Vice set every game?

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

2 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

Were we aware that Nike is apparently determining what every team wears--including accessories--for every game now? This is crazy.

This is ridiculous. I was actually excited when Nike got the NBA contract a few years ago (remembering the great job they did for 8 teams back in the late 90s/early 2000s), but it’s been really bad so far.

^Yeah, that seems a bit more realistic and believable. I know for the Blazers Damian Lillard (team captain) generally has some input on what uniform the team wears on a given night, so I knew it wasn’t just Nike making the decisions for every team. It’s probably a push-pull relationship, where if a team is pretty indifferent towards the uniforms they wear every night, then Nike takes over, but if a team wants to have input on what they wear and when, then Nike backs off a bit.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

It would be great if the Cavs would stop wearing that terrible gray City jersey. No one likes it, it's ugly, and they generally lose in it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On March 13th the Wizards will wear this uniform for the last time this season, even with seven remaining home games after that.  This is stupid.  Who knows what they'll do in the playoffs but my guess is they'll be wearing the District uniforms at home

Related image

Wiz uniform schedule: http://www.nba.com/wizards/nike

90758391980.gif

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

^Yeah, that seems a bit more realistic and believable. I know for the Blazers Damian Lillard (team captain) generally has some input on what uniform the team wears on a given night, so I knew it wasn’t just Nike making the decisions for every team. It’s probably a push-pull relationship, where if a team is pretty indifferent towards the uniforms they wear every night, then Nike takes over, but if a team wants to have input on what they wear and when, then Nike backs off a bit.

That's kind of what I pictured re-reading the original article after someone mentioned the Heat going on mad benders with certain sets. The Celtics happen to be treating the calendar Nike gave them as law. Other teams just seem treat it more as a suggestion (especially as the season went on) probably just getting emails from the league office occasionally to remind them to wear each set.

Archived