NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

8 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

Were we aware that Nike is apparently determining what every team wears--including accessories--for every game now? This is crazy.

Wow, forget about Kim and North Korea, think Trump should take care of these Dictators at Nike first!  ;)

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, projectjohn said:

This is ridiculous. I was actually excited when Nike got the NBA contract a few years ago (remembering the great job they did for 8 teams back in the late 90s/early 2000s), but it’s been really bad so far.

Yeah...I never thought it would be this bad.  Just imagine if Nike screwed with the NFL this way.

4 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

Yeah...I never thought it would be this bad.  Just imagine if Nike screwed with the NFL this way.

I’d argue they messed with the NFL in other ways (though they’re trying to fix it). I’ve been very unhappy with how Nike’s handled the NFL and NBA. 

XM4KeeA.png

19 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

PS, I think that uniform above is great.  The stars and stripes uniforms got a lot of hype last season, leading to what I feel is some under appreciation of the standard home set. I'd like to just roll with the standard red and white uniforms the majority of the time

I wish they’d get rid of the white stripe on the icon jersey. Really ruins it.

14 hours ago, insert name said:

I’d argue they messed with the NFL in other ways (though they’re trying to fix it). I’ve been very unhappy with how Nike’s handled the NFL and NBA. 

Who's idea was the color rush? Nike surely chimed in for that 

This makes me wonder what the Rockets will wear in the playoffs. I know that the black alternate jersey is both popular and IMO a pretty nice looking uniform. But will nike allow them to wear it almost evey playoff game like they did ladt season? I doubt it. I would go with a solid rotation of the white jerseys and the black alternate.

With the playoffs coming up, this is getting a little scary. I DO NOT want to see city jerseys in the playoffs. I have a feeling that the Cavs, Wizards, Pistons, Heat, Warriors and Thunder could all use their city jerseys. Is their something against this? I really hope there is! 

1 hour ago, Cardsblues02 said:

With the playoffs coming up, this is getting a little scary. I DO NOT want to see city jerseys in the playoffs. I have a feeling that the Cavs, Wizards, Pistons, Heat, Warriors and Thunder could all use their city jerseys. Is their something against this? I really hope there is! 

Pistons aren’t sniffing the playoffs this year..

I am hopeful they might change up their terrible alternates in the coming years, though.

7 hours ago, insert name said:

NBA: National Boring Association. 

I'm actually not mad about this. I feel like the East/West logos were rarely used for anything significant (thankfully, because they're not good logos).

The wordmarks align with the NBA's new branding (which utilizes/emphasizes wordmarks), which I think is a good move. The new NBA branding itself leaves a lot to be desired for most (I think that's the actual issue here).

The new NBA branding reminds me of the super simple 80s/90s NBA television graphics. So I have a weird attraction to the new branding (aside from the upside-down "B", wtf?)

I would definitely like to see new East/West logos altogether, but I kind of have a weird feeling conferences may not have much meaning in the near future.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

1.  Why are the EASTERN and WESTERN banners totally different shapes?

2. Shouldn't they at least use the same font, rather than two similar-but very different ones?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

1.  Why are the EASTERN and WESTERN banners totally different shapes?

2. Shouldn't they at least use the same font, rather than two similar-but very different ones?

Kind of American League and National League logos?  It's always been like that for me so while they can change for change's sake, I liked the old logos just fine.

Archived