Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

Were we aware that Nike is apparently determining what every team wears--including accessories--for every game now? This is crazy.

1 minute ago, CitizenTino said:

Were we aware that Nike is apparently determining what every team wears--including accessories--for every game now? This is crazy.

So it's Nike's fault that Miami is wearing the Vice set every game?

The nba is basically whipped by Nike. 

Its pathetic,  but I figured when teams are all wearing their city uniforms one weekend and such. 

2 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

This is ridiculous. I was actually excited when Nike got the NBA contract a few years ago (remembering the great job they did for 8 teams back in the late 90s/early 2000s), but it’s been really bad so far.

^Yeah, that seems a bit more realistic and believable. I know for the Blazers Damian Lillard (team captain) generally has some input on what uniform the team wears on a given night, so I knew it wasn’t just Nike making the decisions for every team. It’s probably a push-pull relationship, where if a team is pretty indifferent towards the uniforms they wear every night, then Nike takes over, but if a team wants to have input on what they wear and when, then Nike backs off a bit.

It would be great if the Cavs would stop wearing that terrible gray City jersey. No one likes it, it's ugly, and they generally lose in it.

On March 13th the Wizards will wear this uniform for the last time this season, even with seven remaining home games after that.  This is stupid.  Who knows what they'll do in the playoffs but my guess is they'll be wearing the District uniforms at home

Related image

Wiz uniform schedule: http://www.nba.com/wizards/nike

PS, I think that uniform above is great.  The stars and stripes uniforms got a lot of hype last season, leading to what I feel is some under appreciation of the standard home set. I'd like to just roll with the standard red and white uniforms the majority of the time

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

^Yeah, that seems a bit more realistic and believable. I know for the Blazers Damian Lillard (team captain) generally has some input on what uniform the team wears on a given night, so I knew it wasn’t just Nike making the decisions for every team. It’s probably a push-pull relationship, where if a team is pretty indifferent towards the uniforms they wear every night, then Nike takes over, but if a team wants to have input on what they wear and when, then Nike backs off a bit.

That's kind of what I pictured re-reading the original article after someone mentioned the Heat going on mad benders with certain sets. The Celtics happen to be treating the calendar Nike gave them as law. Other teams just seem treat it more as a suggestion (especially as the season went on) probably just getting emails from the league office occasionally to remind them to wear each set.

8 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

Wow, forget about Kim and North Korea, think Trump should take care of these Dictators at Nike first!  ;)

They need to just go back to home and away. Barely remember the warriors wearing blue. Dont even get me started on the lakers purple.Its like they dont even have it anymore.

20 hours ago, projectjohn said:

This is ridiculous. I was actually excited when Nike got the NBA contract a few years ago (remembering the great job they did for 8 teams back in the late 90s/early 2000s), but it’s been really bad so far.

Yeah...I never thought it would be this bad.  Just imagine if Nike screwed with the NFL this way.

4 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

Yeah...I never thought it would be this bad.  Just imagine if Nike screwed with the NFL this way.

I’d argue they messed with the NFL in other ways (though they’re trying to fix it). I’ve been very unhappy with how Nike’s handled the NFL and NBA. 

19 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

PS, I think that uniform above is great.  The stars and stripes uniforms got a lot of hype last season, leading to what I feel is some under appreciation of the standard home set. I'd like to just roll with the standard red and white uniforms the majority of the time

I wish they’d get rid of the white stripe on the icon jersey. Really ruins it.

14 hours ago, insert name said:

I’d argue they messed with the NFL in other ways (though they’re trying to fix it). I’ve been very unhappy with how Nike’s handled the NFL and NBA. 

Who's idea was the color rush? Nike surely chimed in for that 

8 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Who's idea was the color rush? Nike surely chimed in for that 

I actually like the color rush, Throwback Thursday would be way better though.

20 minutes ago, insert name said:

NBA: National Boring Association. 

Absolute trash.