NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 4:57 PM, Satomiblood said:

I hope they bring the playoff logos back to the court this April. I hate not seeing them. It's been 3 postseasons since the change and I'm still not used to it.

Although I do agree with you that it should be back on the court where it belongs, I'd rather they undo their logo standardization before they even think of "Playoffs", "Finals", or "Conference Finals" on the court again with the logoman again.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

Saw the Sixers and Nets city uniforms in person for the first time last night.

1) the Phila script is actually not nearly as hard to read as I expected it to be based on how thin it is.  It looked great live, and wouldn't be a bad full-time uni if the regular ones weren't so good.

2) you'd only know the uniform was *sigh* "vintage white" if a player was standing next to something that was bright white, or if you looked at their shoes.  It's a very light cream.  Very light.

3) the script might not evoke images of the Declaration like it was intended, but when seen in context with all of the special ribbon graphics, it definitely fits in and looks great.  

4) kinda need to look at these as just one part of a whole special package.  Everything put together tells a story and looks great, even if the uniforms on their own are a little underwhelming.

5) the Nets graphite looks surprisingly great.  It would be nice if it was a little lighter, but still stood out just fine.  Was a different shade of gray from what I've ever seen live.

6) any other details on the uniform were completely lost, even from the lower level.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

QUESTION: Have the Rockets, Bulls or Nets worn their 'Association' jerseys at home at all this season?

I'm fairly certain the Rockets and Nets haven't even worn white at home, while the Bulls have with their 'City' jerseys. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 3/19/2018 at 10:21 AM, kimball said:

QUESTION: Have the Rockets, Bulls or Nets worn their 'Association' jerseys at home at all this season?

I'm fairly certain the Rockets and Nets haven't even worn white at home, while the Bulls have with their 'City' jerseys. 

The rockets have worn theirs a few times this season. I believe the Nets wore theirs when they visited the rockets. Bulls i can't say. 

I think it's pretty safe to say there should be just two standard sets (home and away) and only one rarely used alternate + maybe a throwback which are worn in 10 games at most during the season. And the playoffs should be primary-first.

8 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

The rockets have worn theirs a few times this season. I believe the Nets wore theirs when they visited the rockets. Bulls i can't say. 

On 3/19/2018 at 8:21 AM, kimball said:

According to @Froob's link, Bulls have not and will not wear association jerseys at home this season.

At this point, I don't even like this Nike stuff anymore really. It was fun to get new uniforms and all of that but the system has now been completely abused and it's making me not want any of this. I wanted freedom in what is worn but in a tastefule way like in Baseball. Was it so hard for the NBA to understand that or do they just hate their own history? They're just messing with tradition and it sucks.

Alternates are fine, I don't care about that, but when I see teams like the Lakers and Celtics screwing around it really annoys me. This shouldn't be happening.

bSLCtu2.png

18 hours ago, Froob said:

Haven’t seen this posted yet, but this site is sick. Shows all uni matchups for the entire season https://lockervision.nba.com/

Great, the Celtics will end the regular season with a gray vs gray matchup with the Nets.

With all the planning they're doing ahead of time, why do we have situations like this? If it was teams deciding independently what to wear and this ended up happening we could blame the looseness of the system. These matchups have been scripted all year and we're still getting things that make no sense.

Also, in all of April the Lakers won't wear either Purple OR Gold. Just white, black, or light blue.

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

At this point, I don't even like this Nike stuff anymore really. It was fun to get new uniforms and all of that but the system has now been completely abused and it's making me not want any of this. I wanted freedom in what is worn but in a tastefule way like in Baseball. Was it so hard for the NBA to understand that or do they just hate their own history? They're just messing with tradition and it sucks.

Alternates are fine, I don't care about that, but when I see teams like the Lakers and Celtics screwing around it really annoys me. This shouldn't be happening.

I'm truly convinced that the current NBA does not care about the history. So why would they ever care about what the Lakers or Celtics wear? It's sad really.

5 hours ago, eRay said:

Also, in all of April the Lakers won't wear either Purple OR Gold. Just white, black, or light blue.

This is insane and infuriating.

Archived