NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

15 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

I like that all 4 of yesterday’s games featured the traditional road color vs. home white uniform standard. Wondering if the postseason is out of Nike’s control for uniform assignments.

Good question. Probably both. But, the Pacers are set to wear their gold statement jerseys for every game of the first round.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game 2 matchups:

Today, April 16th:

Philadelphia vs. Miami (Same as Game 1)

Golden State (Statement) vs. San Antonio (Association)

Tomorrow, April 17th:

Toronto vs. Washington (Same as Game 1)

Boston vs. Milwaukee (Same as Game 1)

Portland vs. New Orleans (Same as Game 1)

Wednesday, April 18th:

OKC (Association) vs. Utah (Statement)

Cleveland vs. Indiana (Same as Game 1)

Currently the LockerVision site does not show the uniform matchup for Game 2 of Rockets/Wolves.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The LockerVision site ended up having the wrong uniform matchup for tonight’s Game 2 between the Sixers and Heat, as Miami wore their red alts:

Da81Qs6W4AAMk4Y?format=jpg

As of now, the LockerVision site doesn’t even show Game 2 of this series anymore, presumably to update it to reflect the correct uniform matchup. 

The LockerVision site did have the correct matchup for Warriors/Spurs, though. And even though the Warriors are wearing their “The Town” alts, they didn’t swap out the center court logo to match.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 4/15/2018 at 6:48 PM, simtek34 said:

The Timberwolves-Rockets game that going on has the Wolves City Unis vs the Rockets Statement Unis. So that means everyone’s favorite 2000’s/2010’s trends, BFBS and GFGS are back!

The T-Wolves' colors are blue and lime green. The Rockets are bold red and white.

So of course, we have a match-up completely devoid of color. Plus those grey Wolves jerseys are terrible.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

The T-Wolves' colors are blue and lime green. The Rockets are bold red and white.

So of course, we have a match-up completely devoid of color. Plus those grey Wolves jerseys are terrible.

Thats exactly what I was thinking while watching highlights. So frustrating sometimes. 

But still better than Adidas. 

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:09 PM, kimball said:

Good question. Probably both. But, the Pacers are set to wear their gold statement jerseys for every game of the first round.

I spoke too soon. Nike, the NBA, or a combination of both couldn't go more than 24 hours without screwing up what would've been some good uniform matchups.

While I like some of the sets Nike has ushered in (Chicago's City Edition is simply amazing), I still miss pre-sleeve Adidas.

21 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Game 2 matchups:

Today, April 16th:

Philadelphia vs. Miami (Same as Game 1)

Golden State (Statement) vs. San Antonio (Association)

Tomorrow, April 17th:

Toronto vs. Washington (Same as Game 1)

Boston vs. Milwaukee (Same as Game 1)

Portland vs. New Orleans (Same as Game 1)

Wednesday, April 18th:

OKC (Association) vs. Utah (Statement)

Cleveland vs. Indiana (Same as Game 1)

Currently the LockerVision site does not show the uniform matchup for Game 2 of Rockets/Wolves. 

Same as Game 1. Had to use the dropdown for teams to look.

29 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

Yeah I did that when I looked for the matchups yesterday and it wasn’t up yet. Looks like they’ve since added it to the site.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, tohasbo said:

So the Wolves make the playoffs for the first time in 14 years and they are wasting it wearing those gray unis?

Then again, their regular sets aren't anything spectacular either...

Assuming the Nike site is correct, when the Cavs-Pacers series shifts to Indy, Cleveland will be wearing wine. That's the first time the Cavs will have worn wine in the playoffs since 2010. 

By my count, they've worn navy in 27 road games and black for four.

crop-640x360-000.jpg

Rockets in black with a few red accents versus the TWolves in gray with no color... In the playoffs.

Having trouble posting the actual image, but look at what this matchup once looked like...

Nike has been horrible for the NBA. The entire league is one big muddled brand.

TOO MUCH GRAY. TOO MUCH BFBS. TOO MANY ALTERNATES. And a whole lot of fumbled rebrands.

At least my Cavs will wear wine on the road this year.

13 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I would bet anything that the Wiz wear the District alternates at home for the playoffs.  All alternates, all the time.  

Not sure what's wrong with these uniforms but hey what do I know

Image result for wall beal high five

Image result for wall beal 2018

For one, the new stupid template ruined the W at the bottom of the shorts.

50 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I would bet anything that the Wiz wear the District alternates at home for the playoffs.  All alternates, all the time.  

Not sure what's wrong with these uniforms but hey what do I know

Image result for wall beal high five

Image result for wall beal 2018

According to the Locker Vision site, you are correct. District uniforms for games 3 and 4.

Archived