NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy, one ugly loss and the reds are back out. Shame, I like those (apart from the lack of block letters) and the throwback to the old rivalry days was nice.

But the worse aesthetic crime is yet to come, because Lockervision has Boston wearing black on the road this series.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

The sixers red are the worst of their jerseys, by far. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Sixers red are fantastic imo. I mean I like them all but they might be my favorite. Guess I’m in the minority here, but that’s not uncommon for me

but on another note, WHY TF are the rockets-wolves wearing black v gray? What has the world come to?

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

On 5/5/2018 at 5:13 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

Looks like it’s Boston in black vs. Philly in cream today.

I’m sorry, but Celtics/76ers should NEVER look like this.

I’d rather see green as well, but I can appreciate that they’re still honoring the dark (road) vs. light (home) tradition.

On 5/4/2018 at 5:25 PM, GMW79 said:

Clearly. And you missed the joke.

Meh.

On 4/30/2018 at 11:03 AM, -Akronite- said:

The Cavs continue to wear black as home as well, pretty annoying.

The black unis would be nicer and better referential to the championship alts if the number could go to an upper corner and the C supersized.  But the ads are in the way, killing the design of anything like the 80s Nuggets or 90s Hawks/Rockets.

What if the C were supersized and the number put inside the C a la Warriors?

1 hour ago, Satomiblood said:

I’d rather see green as well, but I can appreciate that they’re still honoring the dark (road) vs. light (home) tradition.

Yeah I'll take Philly in cream if it means not seeing them at home in blue.

1 hour ago, chakfu said:

The black unis would be nicer and better referential to the championship alts if the number could go to an upper corner and the C supersized.  But the ads are in the way, killing the design of anything like the 80s Nuggets or 90s Hawks/Rockets.

What if the C were supersized and the number put inside the C a la Warriors?

What championship alt are you referring to?  I don't recall a black celtics jersey with a number in the corner.

22 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Yeah I'll take Philly in cream if it means not seeing them at home in blue.

I'm so torn on this.  The cream jersey looks so damn good, but so does the blue.  

I think I'd like for there to be a blue version of the cream (same Phila script) and have those be the primaries, with the current blue (and maybe a red version) being alts.

I love the current primaries (both blue and white), but the cream just works so well, especially within the context of the signage and other uses of that script.

EDIT: to clarify, I'm totally against darks at home, so I'm also glad they're not wearing the blue at home.  I'm just torn on which look should be their primary - "city edition" or current primaries

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I'm so torn on this.  The cream jersey looks so damn good, but so does the blue.  

I think I'd like for there to be a blue version of the cream (same Phila script) and have those be the primaries, with the current blue (and maybe a red version) being alts.

I love the current primaries (both blue and white), but the cream just works so well, especially within the context of the signage and other uses of that script.

EDIT: to clarify, I'm totally against darks at home, so I'm also glad they're not wearing the blue at home.  I'm just torn on which look should be their primary - "city edition" or current primaries

Yeah they knocked it out of the park with the whole city edition package, the jerseys and the promotional material.

My only gripe is the lack of the star side panels, which I feel like is something they own.

The blue at home bothers me so much because they have a top ten white jersey (one could even argue top five) that barely gets used and is better than the blue IMHO. White with blue and red pops better than the blue with predominantly white accents and a small amount of red, and I feel like it contrasts well with their predominantly blue court.

usa_today_10422968.0.jpg

L3MQZIIFRFBA2GQKIAZFCMLZIA.jpg

But the overall set is fantastic and hopefully they won't change it for a while...

I could see them doing an Iverson era Classic edition at some point...

I don't like how they added red drop-shadow to the fonts; it's a little rough on the eyes... like I'm watching a 3-D movie without the glasses. The blue and red shouldn't be touching, just like in the rest of the uniform where it's separated by the white.

10 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I don't like how they added red drop-shadow to the fonts; it's a little rough on the eyes... like I'm watching a 3-D movie without the glasses. The blue and red shouldn't be touching, just like in the rest of the uniform where it's separated by the white.

I completely agree. The 3-D movie effect is something that bothers me too. They easily could’ve gone without the drop-shadow and been just fine.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

11 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Yeah they knocked it out of the park with the whole city edition package, the jerseys and the promotional material.

My only gripe is the lack of the star side panels, which I feel like is something they own.

The blue at home bothers me so much because they have a top ten white jersey (one could even argue top five) that barely gets used and is better than the blue IMHO. White with blue and red pops better than the blue with predominantly white accents and a small amount of red, and I feel like it contrasts well with their predominantly blue court.

usa_today_10422968.0.jpg

L3MQZIIFRFBA2GQKIAZFCMLZIA.jpg

But the overall set is fantastic and hopefully they won't change it for a while...

I could see them doing an Iverson era Classic edition at some point...

I hate how the side panel on the Nike template disrupts the bottom flow of the shoulder trim. That part looked so much better last year. The Spurs are also affected by this issue. It's weird because on the Kings jerseys, the panel stops just below the shoulder trim, which is how it should be.

Archived