NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

On 5/6/2018 at 6:07 PM, Satomiblood said:

I’d rather see green as well, but I can appreciate that they’re still honoring the dark (road) vs. light (home) tradition.

Meh.

But the light/home team is wearing the city name, or part of it, and the dark/away team is wearing the nickname, for what that's worth.

Beyond that, sorry but the Sixers city jerseys, between the cream color and the minimal RWB trim, look like dirty rec league jerseys. And the Celtics simply shouldn't wear black jerseys in games that matter.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall thoughts on the current Sixers uniform collection:

• White/Association and blue/Icon are absolutely beautiful. At first, I disliked them going with "Phila" on both when it was introduced prior to the current Nike era, but I can tolerate it now. It would still be nice to see the current white uni with "Sixers" on the chest if they decide to try it out in the future.
  • I like the red/Statement jersey as well, but I would rather prefer they had "Sixers" in the block font like they did just before this season.
  • I'm neutral on the current cream/City jersey. Beautiful jersey...no doubt. I think it's better off being given the traditional "home-alt" treatment, and they should be wearing their original whites at home more often in the playoffs.
  • The new drop shadow took me by surprise, because they didn't need it, but it doesn't bother me when looking at them and they've grown on me through the season.

If I had to rate the whole set, I'd give it a 9.5/10. For the most part, they are right where they need to be with their colors, design, etc.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

2 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Overall thoughts on the current Sixers uniform collection:

• White/Association and blue/Icon are absolutely beautiful. At first, I disliked them going with "Phila" on both when it was introduced prior to the current Nike era, but I can tolerate it now. It would still be nice to see the current white uni with "Sixers" on the chest if they decide to try it out in the future.
  • I like the red/Statement jersey as well, but I would rather prefer they had "Sixers" in the block font like they did just before this season.
  • I'm neutral on the current cream/City jersey. Beautiful jersey...no doubt. I think it's better off being given the traditional "home-alt" treatment, and they should be wearing their original whites at home more often in the playoffs.
  • The new drop shadow took me by surprise, because they didn't need it, but it doesn't bother me when looking at them and they've grown on me through the season.

If I had to rate the whole set, I'd give it a 9.5/10. For the most part, they are right where they need to be with their colors, design, etc.

They NEEDED the drop shadow!! Made the set complete.

shado_logo.gif

Maybe not the drop shadow per se but definitely an outline of some sort. But the drop shadow doesn’t bother me.

All 4 jerseys are beautiful with the white being may favorite followed by the red. I love the blue panels on the reds. Only changes I’d make are Sixers instead of Phila on the whites and I’d put the uneven stars on the shorts rather than the jerseys.

The uneven stars thing is stupid, but yeah - keep the stars on the jerseys equal on both sides. 

I've come full circle on the shadow, and now love it.  The jerseys are perfectly fine without, but it ads just enough flair to be interesting, without detracting from anything.  In a way, it even adds to the throwback vibe of the uniforms.

Minus the red, they're easily in my top 5 in the league (cue the idiotic idiot morons that call me biased) but even with the red they're still up there.  I'm OK with adding SIXERS to the white - but only if it becomes their primary home uniform, which currently it's not.  I'd rather there be a block SIXERS on the red instead of the stupid Suxers script.  The lettering on the red jersey does need an outline though - I'm not sure how the shadow would look.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Speaking of the joke about the jerseys having Lebron's logo instead of Nike's - 

Could Nike just put whatever logo they want to there?  Like if they wanted to promote a certain line, could they put that logo in place of the swoosh on a few teams' jerseys?  It's really just ad space anyway, but I'm curious if the contract specifically calls for the swoosh (or the one-off exception for Charlotte)?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Cleveland has only been using two dark colored jerseys... The Celtics didn't wear green for the whole series... and Golden State doesn't even have a pattern when they use White or Black.

tumblr_p8hvp7LnR81wulfg9o1_1280.png

spacer.png

If GSW wins the title in those ridiculous "the Town" jerseys the league should just fold.  Those are by far the dumbest ones in that graphic.

22 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

If GSW wins the title in those ridiculous "the Town" jerseys the league should just fold.  Those are by far the dumbest ones in that graphic.

Holy :censored: they went a whole series without wearing their blues? What the :censored: is the NBA and Nike DOING? They have a juggernaut team on the precipice of establishing a dynasty while at the same time rocking modern classic jerseys that could potentially stand the test of time as the most iconic look in the franchises history (if not already) and they're playing most of their games in a crappy BFBS alternate. 

And... :censored: the Celtics didn't even WEAR GREEN? WHAT IS GOING ON!? THIS IS THE PLAYOFFS.

The Raptors had the worst on court performance but the best jersey schedule.

43 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I honestly like "The Town" jerseys, I wish that instead of black they used a dark blue or a navy blue, especially since the court they use when wearing the jerseys is blue/yellow.

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I am from the Bay Area. I was born in Oakland. I love The Town jerseys.

But man, I hated seeing them being worn throughout the playoffs. It's a great set for us locals but we are on the national stage. Give us the classic white and blue unis please. I don't want to see them in the playoffs again. 

Go A's!

They don't belong on a major-league court.  They're basically a fan shirt that the players are modeling during actual games.  I feel the same way about all of those types of jerseys, it's just that GSW seems the most egregious at this time because they're probably going to be in the finals, and because it's freaking black (or dark gray, can't tell).

11 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

They don't belong on a major-league court.  They're basically a fan shirt that the players are modeling during actual games.  I feel the same way about all of those types of jerseys, it's just that GSW seems the most egregious at this time because they're probably going to be in the finals, and because it's freaking black (or dark gray, can't tell).

I guarantee the team who wins it all will be wearing black in the clinching game.  

Every team left has worn their black alternate as or more often than their primaries.

I :censored:ing hate Nike.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I'm a big believer that alternates should not be allowed in the playoffs because you want teams in their most recognizable look for historical purposes. 

Has every NBA team either done a BFBS alternate or worn black as part of their color scheme at some point in their history? It feels like in the last few years all of the holdouts caved and have done something with black. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

I'm a big believer that alternates should not be allowed in the playoffs because you want teams in their most recognizable for historical purposes. 

Has every NBA team either done a BFBS alternate or worn black as part of their color scheme at some point in their history? It feels like in the last few years all of the holdouts caved and have done something with black. 

The Pacers and Pelicans are the only two I can think of. 

3 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

The Pacers and Pelicans are the only two I can think of. 

That sounds right. Have the Mavericks worn a black alternate ever? I can't keep up with the NBA jersey carousel. I thought maybe the Nuggets had avoided black, but turns out the original iteration of the rainbows were on black jerseys and shorts.  

PvO6ZWJ.png

37 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

That sounds right. Have the Mavericks worn a black alternate ever? I can't keep up with the NBA jersey carousel. I thought maybe the Nuggets had avoided black, but turns out the original iteration of the rainbows were on black jerseys and shorts.  

city.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

It should be plain and simple. Home and away uniforms for the playoffs only. I don't remember what the home and away are now called by Nike and the association, and frankly I don't even care.

3 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I'm a big believer that alternates should not be allowed in the playoffs because you want teams in their most recognizable for historical purposes. 

Pacers, Pels, Thunder, and Nuggets?....I think that's it.

Archived