NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

46 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

city.png

Eww. That looks like something Minnesota should wear. 

2 minutes ago, JPDesign said:

Pacers, Pels, Thunder, and Nuggets?....I think that's it.

Did the Thunder wear this in a game? 

2018_All-Star_Youth_Oklahoma_City_Thunde

also the Nuggets wore black in the early days of the rainbow unis. I'm pretty sure that's black and not navy blue. 

BZVOJiV.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Paul George jersey is an All-Star jersey, not a Thunder one. While they did have the hideous grey City edition uniforms this year, they've not worn black.

And I do think that Nuggets is uniform is blue...sweat, sweaty blue.

The Warriors Town jerseys amazingly avoid the team name, logo, color scheme and typeface ... and are in service to a hometown of decades that they're openly skipping out on in a year's time ... and that's their playoff run jersey. WHEW.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

The LockerVision site now has the uniform matchups up for Celtics/Cavs; games 1, 2, 5, and 7 are all Celtics in white vs. Cavs in wine, while games 3,4, and 6 are all Cavs in black vs. Celtics in green. Those matchups are all subject to change (and obviously games 5-7 aren’t guaranteed), but it’s nice to see Cleveland seemingly sticking with the wine on the road for at least one more round. I’m wondering, since LeBron has had an affinity for wearing the navy uniforms on the road in past playoffs, if maybe he’s wanted them to wear the wine uniforms on the road this postseason since they have navy trim and since they can wear the navy tights and arm sleeves with them? Also, with the Cavs wearing black at home again this round, at least we won’t have to see the Celtics’ awful black uniforms.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

also the Nuggets wore black in the early days of the rainbow unis. I'm pretty sure that's black and not navy blue. 

BZVOJiV.jpg

Yeah it's a dark navy blue.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

26 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The LockerVision site now has the uniform matchups up for Celtics/Cavs; games 1, 2, 5, and 7 are all Celtics in white vs. Cavs in wine, while games 3,4, and 6 are all Cavs in black vs. Celtics in green. Those matchups are all subject to change (and obviously games 5-7 aren’t guaranteed), but it’s nice to see Cleveland seemingly sticking with the wine on the road for at least one more round. I’m wondering, since LeBron has had an affinity for wearing the navy uniforms on the road in past playoffs, if maybe he’s wanted them to wear the wine uniforms on the road this postseason since they have navy trim and since they can wear the navy tights and arm sleeves with them? Also, with the Cavs wearing black at home again this round, at least we won’t have to see the Celtics’ awful black uniforms.

I don't mind that at all. 

I know we're going to see a lot of black in the West Finals ... Rockets at home, Warriors at home for at least a few games. It's series like this that I'd much rather see blue vs. red ... a much better combo!

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Cavs Bench White Uniforms

May 11, 2018 - 19:23 PM

The Cleveland Cavaliers white uniforms have seen less court time than Rodney Hood these playoffs… and that doesn’t appear to be changing anytime soon. Cleveland last wore their “association” white uniforms six weeks ago on April 3rd during a regular […]

Read More...

20 hours ago, eibram said:

Cleveland has only been using two dark colored jerseys... The Celtics didn't wear green for the whole series... and Golden State doesn't even have a pattern when they use White or Black.

tumblr_p8hvp7LnR81wulfg9o1_1280.png

Golden State v Houston - two teams with colorful, clean standard sets that pop and look great.

Looking at this chart, there's a serious chance that there could be a black jersey worn in each game of the series

The uniform matchups for the WCF are now up on the LockerVision site:

https://lockervision.nba.com/

Games 1, 2, 5, and 7 are all Houston in black vs. Golden State in white. Games 3 and 6 are Golden State in white vs. Houston in red. Game 4 is the lone game with Golden State in their “The Town” set, while Houston will be in white. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I'm a big believer that alternates should not be allowed in the playoffs because you want teams in their most recognizable look for historical purposes. 

Has every NBA team either done a BFBS alternate or worn black as part of their color scheme at some point in their history? It feels like in the last few years all of the holdouts caved and have done something with black. 

5 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

The Pacers and Pelicans are the only two I can think of. 

OKC, Denver, Detroit, Jazz, Wizards

19 minutes ago, Digby said:

Those Jazz jerseys ruled. If we’re gonna break their color scheme anyway, i want inspo from this set.

That should be the Diamondbacks color scheme.

11 hours ago, upperV03 said:

GettyImages-80810364.0.jpg20130102-ak-1959531.jpg

I'm not sure that the Wizards were really going BFBS with that uniform.  Black was actually a color in their color scheme at that time, and it was featured significantly on their primary jerseys (at least their road jerseys), so seeing them in black was not that jarring.  The same way I would not call the Washington Capitals black jersey from that era BFBS.  The Wiz and Caps had the same color scheme during much of that era. 

Unless you are saying that the introduction of black in their color schemes at all is BFBS, which I suppose is a different argument.  I tend to think of BFBS as when a team that doesn't really use black on their primary jerseys or in their color scheme just introduces a black jersey out of nowhere (well, not out of nowhere, but to sell more jerseys), like the Warriors, Cavaliers, Celtics, Lakers, Bucks, etc.

Honestly, I'm suprised the Wizards never had a black jersey during that era.  A black jersey with white, gold, and blue trim could have looked really good for an alternate jersey.  And very wizard-y.  Certainly more wizard-y than anything they would be able to do with red, white, and blue.

7 hours ago, Digby said:

Those Jazz jerseys ruled.

The whole identity from that era ruled, that set included. They had a strong personality of their own. The current identity, while not bad (although, I'm not a supporter of the note logo), is rather bland and lifeless in comparison.

I've been thinking about how Nike and the NBA clearly took inspiration for international club soccer for the new scheme, e.g. a set amount of uniforms, but some change annually, and a willingness to discard team colors entirely for alternates. What they missed, though, is that in soccer, the teams still wear their primary look as much as they possibly can, generally speaking. Like sure, Arsenal might wear pink or turquoise or something fluorescent whatever, but if you go to see a home game you can safely say that they'll be wearing red with white sleeves. It's one thing for basketball teams to have a variety of looks, some non-traditional, but the seeming randomness at which their worn, rather than a prioritization of your most pure look, is what gets me.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Warriors-Rockets Uniform Matchups Announced

May 12, 2018 - 16:09 PM

A day after the 2018 Eastern Conference Final uniform lineup was announced the NBA has today announced what the Golden State Warriors and Houston Rockets will be wearing for each game of the 2018 NBA Western Conference Finals which gets […]

Read More...

Archived