NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

19 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

Wait a minute.... The Cavs are wearing WHITE?!? Did I land in a parallel universe??

If the other team is wearing a dark gray jersey, it's their only jersey that will provide sufficient contrast, since the other options are black, gray, dark red, or navy blue.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

If the other team is wearing a dark gray jersey, it's their only jersey that will provide sufficient contrast, since the other options are black, gray, dark red, or navy blue.

Neither here nor there, but the Cavs don't even have a navy blue jersey this year.

34 minutes ago, eRay said:

Neither here nor there, but the Cavs don't even have a navy blue jersey this year.

Wish they’d ditch the grey and bring back the yellow. Should remove the blue altogether and insert black. They have too many colors.

On 5/29/2018 at 7:45 AM, kimball said:

:rolleyes:

It amazes me how these things get through sometimes. Of all the people who looked at the thing, from design to presentation to approval, no one thought that was going to be a potential issue? ?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, VikWings said:

Anyone see the draft hats? They’re awful. Random patches all over them for no reason. Reminds me of the jackets/hats from the early 2000s that had every teams logo on it.

I think of those hats that had the all the knock-off logos. 

XM4KeeA.png

9 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

The Finals logo is back on the court, the one time where I really didn't want it on the court.

At least it’s on the sidelines, though, and not opposite the arena logos.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

14 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

Yikes on bikes

https://www.lids.com/nba-draft

hwl?set=sku%5B20989452%5D,c%5B2%5D,w%5B4hwl?set=sku%5B20989440%5D,c%5B2%5D,w%5B4hwl?set=sku%5B20989451%5D,c%5B2%5D,w%5B4hwl?set=sku%5B20989446%5D,c%5B2%5D,w%5B4

oh good, a reason to highlight how awful some state and city flags are.

This is also remarkably inconsistent. Minnesota has its state flag, but Indiana has Indianapolis' flag? The Kings, Clippers, and Lakers all use California's flag?  Toronto is using the Canadian flag? If you're gonna do fun theming like that, at least be consistent!!!  if it's a city name, use the municipal flag.  if it's the state, use the state. This irks me in too many ways

Edit: So two hats are missing (MEM, DEN) so this isn't a complete listing of what's wrong, but 8 of the 28 teams with hats are using an incorrect flag

- Indiana and Utah are both using the city flags instead of their state flags

- Both Los Angeles teams, OKC, Phoenix, and Sacramento are using their state flags in lieu of the city flags

- As mentioned, Toronto is using the Canadian flag.

Some further research stumbled upon "City Flag" hats and the Nuggets do use Denver's flag, but Memphis uses Tennessee's flag. So likely that number is 9 of 30, or 30% of the hats are using a mismatched flag.

1 hour ago, Pharos04 said:

oh good, a reason to highlight how awful some state and city flags are.

This is also remarkably inconsistent. Minnesota has its state flag, but Indiana has Indianapolis' flag? The Kings, Clippers, and Lakers all use California's flag?  Toronto is using the Canadian flag? If you're gonna do fun theming like that, at least be consistent!!!  if it's a city name, use the municipal flag.  if it's the state, use the state. This irks me in too many ways

Edit: So two hats are missing (MEM, DEN) so this isn't a complete listing of what's wrong, but 8 of the 28 teams with hats are using an incorrect flag

- Indiana and Utah are both using the city flags instead of their state flags

- Both Los Angeles teams, OKC, Phoenix, and Sacramento are using their state flags in lieu of the city flags

- As mentioned, Toronto is using the Canadian flag.

Some further research stumbled upon "City Flag" hats and the Nuggets do use Denver's flag, but Memphis uses Tennessee's flag. So likely that number is 9 of 30, or 30% of the hats are using a mismatched flag.

My first thought was that they were using the flag associated with the area that is most widely-known or appreciated, which is why all the California teams use California's awesome flag. But that doesn't make sense for Indiana, because the state flag is a classic design (Indiana University uses it on a set of their football helmets), whereas Indianapolis's flag is relatively obscure. Likewise, for the Cavs, the Ohio state flag is relatively well-known, whereas the city of Cleveland's flag isn't, although at least in that case the team is named after the city.

So I'm left with the guess that the designers put very little effort into these and just slapped on whichever flag they found first on Google. At least that theory would fit with the designs of past draft hats...

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived