Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Derek said:

Ugh... Cleveland Cavaliers F.C.

Hey, be grateful it's not a roundel. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I honestly really like the Cavs current primary logo, and I wish they'd go back to the original wordmarks because they were badass and consistent. It seems weird to narrow it down to just the "C" being stylized while the rest of the logos are in the more plain font.

BUT, I don't want to judge too harshly. It may turn out alright even if they aren't meeting my preconceived notions of what they should do.

The Cavs have a long history of being unable to settle on an identity, so I'm not expecting whatever this next round is to be all that permanent anyway.

1 hour ago, Derek said:

Ugh... Cleveland Cavaliers F.C.

That's what I thought at first too but then I realized if one team can pull of a shield as their logo it might as well be a team with a name that pretty much means a soldier.

43 minutes ago, natolian10 said:

That's what I thought at first too but then I realized if one team can pull of a shield as their logo it might as well be a team with a name that pretty much means a soldier.

This is true, but does anyone out there know if a French Cavalier used an actual shield? I can't find any info either way.

34 minutes ago, Derek said:

A roundel wouldn't be horrible if it was accompanied by crossed swords. Yes, it's a bit trite and safe, but so is a shield.

large_fearthesword.com_full.30473.png

???

Cleveland sports for life!
"Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind." -The Doctor

1 hour ago, TVIXX said:

I always wished the Bulls would take their Twitter profile photo and use it as their primary

image.jpg

image.jpg

Is the top one used on Twitter? It looks identical, except for maybe a richer black?

6 minutes ago, Quillz said:

Is the top one used on Twitter? It looks identical, except for maybe a richer black?

Yes, the top one is used on Twitter. It has thicker strokes than the actual logo does. It's especially noticeable on the outline of the face and horns, but some of the strokes inside the face are slightly thicker as well.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 5/19/2017 at 7:08 PM, alecgoff said:

Mock-up of the Potential new Cavaliers Logo

NEw Cavaliers Logo.jpg

Has it ever bothered anyone else that the 3D rendering on the C appears to be off? Like shouldnt all the shadow navy areas be angled in the same direction? 

22 minutes ago, Ark said:

2520_long_island__nets-primary-2017.png

This is a much better logo than what the main team has.

Not a bad roundel, but the spacing between the stars is bugging me.

6 minutes ago, sayahh said:

Not a bad roundel, but the spacing between the stars is bugging me.

Well, that and the Nets font is horrible. 

It's very minor league IMO.

I do prefer the Brooklyn logo. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

7 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

Has it ever bothered anyone else that the 3D rendering on the C appears to be off? Like shouldnt all the shadow navy areas be angled in the same direction? 

Does it even need the drop shadowing? A logo could be outlined or have a 3D/drop shadow... but it should never have both.

Archived