NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, insert name said:

Yuck, NBA Live looks worse than ever. Man, what happened? This series used to be sooo good.

Why you being such a hater? It looks good to me. They don't have nowhere to go but up from previous horrible versions.

Now as far as uniform aesthetics go...Obviously they can't show any images of the new Nike uniforms,etc so they have to go off of 2017 NBA content. Come on guys..we should all know that. Next video probably have Minnesota but with their current unis and that's ok.

EA sports back with NBA LIVE is good for competition so 2k sports don't become stagnant. We all know they have their issues too.

shado_logo.gif

57 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

Why you being such a hater? It looks good to me. They don't have nowhere to go but up from previous horrible versions.

Now as far as uniform aesthetics go...Obviously they can't show any images of the new Nike uniforms,etc so they have to go off of 2017 NBA content. Come on guys..we should all know that. Next video probably have Minnesota but with their current unis and that's ok.

EA sports back with NBA LIVE is good for competition so 2k sports don't become stagnant. We all know they have their issues too.

This is their 1st year back on a new engine give them some time plus a lot of the previous staff is part of the 2k staff 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

3 hours ago, Conrad. said:

There's also NOTHING to be gleaned from the NBA Live 18 videos, because they've yet to incorporate the new Nike designs. They're using the old rev30 adidas uniforms in their build because they're working on 3D-rendering the different cut (and mesh template, likely) of the new uniforms. Disregard everything from them. Trust me.

I know that you're sworn to secrecy regarding logos and uniforms and possibly even signed away your right to admit or deny, but for you personally, is it better to know and have to keep it a secret or not know and be surprised like a kid on Christmas?

Yeah, I think you're right @Ice_Cap. Plus, Nike and Jordan Brand collaborated with the Hornets to design their current look, so I doubt they'd just scrap it now that they're about to be the apparel providers of the league. It sounds like a throwback is definitely in the works, but I wouldn't necessarily expect it for next season. Whitfield's comments are pretty open ended, so I'd say it's just as likely, if not more so, that we'll see the throwbacks in year two of Nike's tenure.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I truly think we'll just get a slightly tweaked version of the current uniforms. Pinstripe side panels on both sides and making the number styling the same and the wordmark seems like the right way to go. My one hope is that if they do bring back the old uniforms, it doesn't go in the rotation as the only teal jersey. I'm not opposed to teal being the alternate option if it means they can wear it home and away.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

On 5/27/2017 at 5:18 PM, Ice_Cap said:

A Hornets throwback isn't out of the question, but I doubt we'll see that look full time. Didn't the NBA shoot the notion down immediately because of how it would impact the Hardwood Classics merch sales?

They were referring to bringing back the old brand completely and how it would take away from the HC sales. That's why the Hornets brand is so much different today than it was 20 years ago.

On 5/27/2017 at 8:37 PM, BlackBolt3 said:

I truly think we'll just get a slightly tweaked version of the current uniforms. Pinstripe side panels on both sides and making the number styling the same and the wordmark seems like the right way to go. My one hope is that if they do bring back the old uniforms, it doesn't go in the rotation as the only teal jersey. I'm not opposed to teal being the alternate option if it means they can wear it home and away.

Throwbacks are always an addition. They won't need to scrap a set to add a throwback.

New uniform rules are on the way too.

With the San Antonio Spurs changing their logo for next season.  Are they getting new uniforms or are they going to tweak their uniforms for next season?  I just hope not.  The 2002-17 uniforms are iconic, and I hope Nike doesn't over do it.  That being said get rid of the gray and black alternates with the Spurs logo, and go back to a classic mid 70s gray alternate like they did in 2007.

24 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

Any source detailing these suppose "changes"?(Not counting the Nike takeover) 

Now the only confirmed change is the Jordan logo being on the unform, but that's technically a change. We just don't know how new "new" is going to be, but since Jordan Brand helped design the current set, it's not expected to be a huge change.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

26 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

Now the only confirmed change is the Jordan logo being on the unform, but that's technically a change. We just don't know how new "new" is going to be, but since Jordan Brand helped design the current set, it's not expected to be a huge change.

That's not really confirming any changes at all... As you note, the uniforms will technically be new since they'll be made by Nike and have the Jordan Brand logo on them, but that's basically been known since the deal with Nike was first announced. Sure the article officially confirms that they will indeed feature the Jumpman logo rather than the swoosh, but that could easily be the only change (and very likely will be since the current set was designed by Nike/Jordan Brand anyways). Technically every team in the league will be getting "new" uniforms with the switch to Nike, so that's hardly news. Unless there is information that suggests actual changes to the designs of the current uniforms for next season, then it's not really all that newsworthy at this point since the Jordan Brand logo being on the uniforms has been known for some time now. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived