NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, colortv said:

Look at the uniforms they wore in game 7 of the finals last year, arguably the greatest moment in Cleveland sports history and you'll see why they did this

Totally agree. I really like the updates. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

The new font is a downgrade and a change wasn't needed in the first place.  

Adding black makes sense, seems like they're trying to remove any BFBS accusations about their identity, especially considering they won a championship wearing black last season.  It's almost like they are saying "See!  Black is one of our colors!"... But yeah I'm not a fan of navy and black.  If they truly wanted to add black that badly they should have ditched navy altogether.  

At least there's no roundel.

90758391980.gif

Like others have said, they should've ditched navy if they were going to add black. Keeping three dark colors (if you include the wine) muddles up their identity.

That being said, I quite like the basketball shield. I think it's a good way to include the (stupid) mandatory basketball into the logo without it looking forced.

NSFCvyu.png

1 hour ago, MkDon said:

DBLUsCGVwAAxQu2.jpg

Thought "The Primary Logo" under the C-Sword is the NBA's term for a primary. :D

The way the NBA describes it is confusing. The primary logo is actually the "global" logo. This is the one that is required to have the team name and city.

However, they also have a "primary icon" logo, which is usually a secondary or partial logo (a lot of times it's just the "global" logo without the wordmark) and is often times used more than the "global."

Then there are other partial and secondary logos that could seemingly be anything.

Am I the only one who liked the Cavaliers logos and uniforms just the way they were? I didn't like the black or navy uniforms, but I liked everything about the Cavs' identity, from the logos, to the color scheme, to the fonts, to the uniform design with the exception of those two uniforms.

The previous wine, gold, white and navy uniforms were perfect. I get that some didn't like the font, but to me it was close enough to the 'Cleveland' in the primary logo to work fine. 

Everything is just sloppy and rushed. Almost like the Wizards roundel logo, where the text wasn't curved correctly and slivers of red showing through the uneven circles. 

Hopefully the uniforms will be better, but I'm not feeling very good about it right now.

Just now, Kaz said:

Just a quick and dirty; I think they are pretty close to having a solid logo, but a bit too much detail going on

34210632633_86d63971ee_o.pngcavs fix by

Line up the L in Cavaliers with the sword and you have a winner. The V looks stupid but that's not your fault.

Archived