NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

2 hours ago, labc93 said:

So the last few days I've been going over social media (especially Washington Wizards) and came across a logo that was used during these playoffs but not during the season. I believe it's one of their new logos. 

IMG_0545.JPG

Intentional or not, there's a "W" at the top of the Star

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, labc93 said:

So the last few days I've been going over social media (especially Washington Wizards) and came across a logo that was used during these playoffs but not during the season. I believe it's one of their new logos. 

IMG_0545.JPG

Pretty sure that was just for the playoffs and that's it.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, kroywen said:

Yikes. That is one overdesigned mess. The "DC" doesn't seem to belong with their identity at all, and the Washington Monument is barely noticeable.

This is just a monochrome version of their alternate logo with a "DC" pasted on top of it

5 hours ago, labc93 said:

IMG_0545.JPG

DC_Logo_Blue_RGB_v1.0_Blog-FT.jpg

Wonder if that 10/1 date for retail has any effect on when teams that are changing their uniforms will unveil their designs. Seems like it would hurt sales to have a big unveiling in July, then say "and you can buy them three months from now!"

The Cavs have done jersey unveilings in October in the past. Wouldn't be surprised for that to happen for them (and other teams) this year.

5 hours ago, upperV03 said:

A couple interesting things in this Fox Sports interview with the NBA's vice president of global partnerships, Lisa Piken Koper. The interview is about the upcoming switch to Nike and the logistics behind it. She mentions that the global launch will be 10/1/17, but I believe that only applies to the retail side and not the actual unveiling of the uniforms. I could be wrong on that though. And then at the end of the interview she mentions that Nike will be taking over as the official on-court sock provider starting next season. Stance can continue to make NBA licensed lifestyle socks, but Nike will be in charge of the on-court product.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/gallery/heres-what-we-know-about-the-nbas-uniform-switch-to-nike-next-season-060617

If you want a good idea of some of the NBA things coming on the retail end, just look to the new NFL stuff that is coming out now.   A lot of the NBA stuff will be identical.  That goes for UA as well with the combine apparel.

5 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Wow, it sucks to hear that Stance isn't going to have the on-court socks now. I really liked them.

I don't know how unpopular that opinion is, but I really miss simple white and black socks. I also miss when teams still wore only two-three jerseys per season, but that's a different story.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

20 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Pretty sure that was just for the playoffs and that's it.  

I dunno about that.  The DC logo is featured prominently in the background of this recent offseason interview with Wizards' GM Ernie "I get to keep my job forever" Grunfeld: 

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-wizards/ernie-grunfeld-re-affirms-wizards-commitment-retaining-otto-porter

I'm not a fan.  The "DC" font doesn't fit in with any other aspect of the team's identity.  The "dc" hand logo is far superior.  It's simpler and cleaner, it's a nice nod to multiple eras of the team's history (the hand from the Unseld-era Bullets; the italicized slant from the Muggsy Bogues-era Bullets), and it looks great on a baseball cap. 

5715084942_f10b1bbf62.jpg

That's as classy a secondary logo as there is in the NBA.  If the team ever became truly successful, that logo would have a chance to become iconic in a way that very few NBA secondary logos do. 

The DC monument logo posted earlier would undermine the dc logo, and as such should have no place in the team's current identity.

1 hour ago, keynote said:

I dunno about that.  The DC logo is featured prominently in the background of this recent offseason interview with Wizards' GM Ernie "I get to keep my job forever" Grunfeld: 

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-wizards/ernie-grunfeld-re-affirms-wizards-commitment-retaining-otto-porter

I'm not a fan.  The "DC" font doesn't fit in with any other aspect of the team's identity.  The "dc" hand logo is far superior.  It's simpler and cleaner, it's a nice nod to multiple eras of the team's history (the hand from the Unseld-era Bullets; the italicized slant from the Muggsy Bogues-era Bullets), and it looks great on a baseball cap. 

5715084942_f10b1bbf62.jpg

That's as classy a secondary logo as there is in the NBA.  If the team ever became truly successful, that logo would have a chance to become iconic in a way that very few NBA secondary logos do. 

The DC monument logo posted earlier would undermine the dc logo, and as such should have no place in the team's current identity.

It's just a monochrome version of their current logo with a D.C. Slapped on it

8 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

What's different?

The yellow and navy on the side panels are flipped, and the trim on the bottom of the shorts should be navy instead of yellow as well.

IMG_4799.JPG.8bf4306a7622d69f6f402239c448b9bf.JPG

IMG_4800.thumb.JPG.a66b46133b04c2c0aa7e4ce6f4979847.JPG

IMG_4801.thumb.JPG.66c7a456769dd449ad18db0deb814e3f.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

18 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The yellow and navy on the side panels are flipped, and the trim on the bottom of the shorts should be navy instead of yellow as well.

IMG_4799.JPG.8bf4306a7622d69f6f402239c448b9bf.JPG

IMG_4800.thumb.JPG.a66b46133b04c2c0aa7e4ce6f4979847.JPG

IMG_4801.thumb.JPG.66c7a456769dd449ad18db0deb814e3f.JPG

Oh. Berlin is right - it looks much better the way EA did it.

ExJworW.png

The basketball shooting through the D makes no sense to me.  Looks like something a soccer ball would do.  Or a baseball even.  A basketball flying straight like that, I don't get it?  Like in soccer maybe its a shot that was absolutely ripped, in baseball maybe it was a ball that was smashed by Mike Trout, or a fastball from Aroldis Chapman.  In basketball, it's... ? A fast pass?  

90758391980.gif

Archived