NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

55 minutes ago, mbmaster123 said:

I can't decide if I like the new Spurs secondary or if I hate it.

spurs-alt.png

I actually don't really mind it at all, especially considering it likely won't be used all that prominently. Whether intentional or not, it has somewhat of a branding iron feel to it, and I think that fits into their brand pretty nicely.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Pistons' interlocking DP logo is pretty decent, but needs thicker gaps that are separating the letters to feel more sturdy. The two notсhes on the letters together resemble the two exhaust pipes from their 90's primary logo, which is a cool detail. If the flying ball in the second logo is intended as a hood ornament, it definitely could've been executed a lot better using only the D.

I'm just loving the Spurs' new secondary. Very badass and fits their identity perfectly. What comes to the new primary, the letters in the nickname are definitely missing outlines, which makes it look too primitive. Otherwise, I like it.

The Pacers' new secondary is rather trivial and doesn't add anything new to the brand.

11 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Take this with a grain of salt... In a press conference with the Magic, Stuff is wearing the grey "pride" jersey - without sleeves. Huge upgrade, IMO.

593bfb6604a23_ScreenShot2017-06-10at9_56_55AM.png.38f05853851cefd749930ed4a149f9ad.png

Look at Stuff in the right.

We already know Nike's dumping the sleeved jerseys for next season.

52 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

The Magic's mascot is called "Stuff"?

That's pretty bad.

Stuff, the Magic Dragon.  

Get it?  :D

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Take this with a grain of salt... In a press conference with the Magic, Stuff is wearing the grey "pride" jersey - without sleeves. Huge upgrade, IMO.

593bfb6604a23_ScreenShot2017-06-10at9_56_55AM.png.38f05853851cefd749930ed4a149f9ad.png

Look at Stuff in the right.

Stuff's gray jersey never had sleeves.

a490ab73b7c43ff2fdee7db930a88f83.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Just wanted to share my edits for the new Cavs logos. I eliminated all of the black and flattened the 'C'. Also, I added the flag logo as I thought it fit in well with the new set. On top are the official logos, below are my edited ones.

cavs-edit2.thumb.png.5d504e124b99995ae54f687e7dbc1a60.png

3 hours ago, Nxxkx said:

When is the sports logo website gonna have the new logos for the pistons and the secondaries for the blazers??

Hold your horses! You asked for fonts and logos before. Are you making replica jerseys or something? Why not just go to the official NBA team websites?

On 6/7/2017 at 1:15 PM, Berlin Wall said:

Does EA does this on purpose? Looks better than the original though.

YjjMI98.png

Its EA Sports, what do you expect?  Remember in Madden 13 when EA Sports gave the Bears orange pants?

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

7 hours ago, sayahh said:

Hold your horses! You asked for fonts and logos before. Are you making replica jerseys or something? Why not just go to the official NBA team websites?

I make an NBA Almanac as a hobby every year and have just been on the lookout for the new logos for next season to use for next seasons edition. 

13 hours ago, Nxxkx said:

When is the sports logo website gonna have the new logos for the pistons and the secondaries for the blazers??

what the hell is sports logo website?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived