NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, BlackBolt3 said:

It's been like that for a while, I don't think it means anything.

Yeah, I figured it wasn't signaling a change or anything, given the anniversary logo is still in current colors. I just thought it was odd.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

5 minutes ago, lafferty daniel said:

Updated merch on the T-Wolves site.  

I haven't seen the full Timberwolves word mark yet.  Bet they use something like this on one of their sets.  

IMG_0231.PNG

IMG_0232.PNG

Not bad. Wish they put a logo on it. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

I don't know if anyone has been asking themselves this, but when will the NBA and Nike announce the new uniforms. Will it be the day before the draft or a few weeks before the season? If anyone knows, please share. 

On 6/15/2017 at 9:26 AM, upperV03 said:

We don't know that. For one thing, the shoulders on the new Nike NBA jerseys (some of them at least) will likely have a more standard shoulder width than their most recent college and international jerseys, so there theoretically could still be sufficient room for commemorative and/or memorial patches above the Nike logo and ad patch. It could obviously still be somewhat cluttered, but not unbearable. It should be more along the lines of this:

IMG_4989.thumb.JPG.a79af9df230bd597a42a52602dd3187c.JPG

As opposed to this:

IMG_3910.JPG.f9f494ec58f0ffd665542489bc52dcf1.JPG

I think I didn't express myself clearly enough. What I meant, was that those introduced anniversary logos have too small elements in them to work as a jersey patch.

Maybe the patch designs have always been just simpler versions, just don't recall now.

5 hours ago, lafferty daniel said:

Updated merch on the T-Wolves site.  

I haven't seen the full Timberwolves word mark yet.  Bet they use something like this on one of their sets.  

IMG_0231.PNG

IMG_0232.PNG

IMG_0233.PNG

Haha I'm digging the third one, happens to be my favorite color.

I'm thinking of buying it, but won't wear it until Summer's over.

4ffh6gt.png

9 hours ago, labc93 said:

I don't know if anyone has been asking themselves this, but when will the NBA and Nike announce the new uniforms. Will it be the day before the draft or a few weeks before the season? If anyone knows, please share. 

October 1st is the go-live date per an article online from nbc sports. This is from the brand manager officer at the NBA.

Apparel itself will be available before as has trickled for the last few months at the teams' arenas.

On 6/15/2017 at 8:25 AM, Ben in LA said:

Actually...

IMG_4581.PNG

And yes...a very small part of the city and county of San Francisco is on the tip of Alameda Island.

IMG_4582.GIF

Alameda, was the place were this was keep:

so long and thanks for all the fish.

1 hour ago, the_Raptors_king said:

trust me

Trust you...on what?  The uniform won't change?  That someone spent five minutes photoshopping a Nike logo and some corporate logo on an adidas jersey?

Watch out for that ledge, man.  You really went out there...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

14 minutes ago, Griffinmarlins said:

So does anyone know what date Nike is releasing the uniforms for the whole league?

Nope, and we don't actually know if Nike is doing a league-wide uniform unveiling like they did with the NFL, or if it'll be up to each individual team to unveil them separately. In a recent Fox Sports interview, the NBA's Vice President of global partnerships said that the global launch will be October 1st, but I'm pretty sure that's just for the retail side of things. In fact, the Timberwolves and Blazers both said that they're planning on unveiling their new uniforms (at least the primary home and roads) sometime later this summer, so I'd be surprised if that 10/1 date had anything to do with a league-wide uniform unveiling. Also, Paul Lukas has recently said that he believes the contract with Adidas runs through the Summer League, so chances are any unveiling of new uniforms won't be until after that.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived