NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

Can anybody repost or confirm thePhiladelphia 76ers new court for next year?

Saw this video of their practice court but I don't remember the new court having red paint?

It was confirmed by a personnel member of the 76ers. I think it was first mentioned on Page 24 or so.

12 hours ago, DiePerske said:

I don't mind the ads on the jerseys. 

Better than on court ads, team naming rights, arena naming rights, among others. 

Then you're lucky to get all of them.

8 hours ago, alecgoff said:

From the orientation of the Jordan Logo and from the nike tag on the bottom right of the uniform, unfortunately I think this is fake.

If it's fake, it's kind of odd that shorts are paired with it.   Would the throwback shorts be fake, too?  If both are fake, that's a lot of effort to pretend it's a real uni.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

Can anybody repost or confirm thePhiladelphia 76ers new court for next year?

Saw this video of their practice court but I don't remember the new court having red paint?

https://twitter.com/chrisheck76/status/859509620137701377

IMG_9216.JPG

No red paint. I'd prefer the baseline / sideline to be red like the spectrum days, but solid blue paint is an upgrade from the red/blue mashup. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If those are real, the stripes are far too thick.

I've already got a few Hornets jerseys from the first time around (both replica & authentic), but I'd definately be down for a Kemba throwback. That is, if they fix the stripes...

48 minutes ago, alecgoff said:

If it is real though, it will be a throwback jersey, and not their primary road uniform.

Agreed.  The old Hugo on the shorts is a giveaway.  I would love to see them back, or a modernized version of them

1 hour ago, alecgoff said:

If it is real though, it will be a throwback jersey, and not their primary road uniform.

I think that's a gimme, especially when the Charlotte Hornets came back under the stipulation that they had a new logo and uniforms with exception to throwbacks. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 6/20/2017 at 10:28 AM, Magic Dynasty said:

Disney, IMO, is best-case scenario (outside of no ad at all, of course) for a jersey ad. The team is named after Magic Kingdom, for crying out loud. They are also very non-intrusive - simply a white wordmark on blue on the blue jersey, and I assume there will be a black wordmark on white on the home (why black? The adidas logo on the Magic replica jerseys was black). Doesn't help the "all Orlando has is theme parks" stereotype, however. I guess you can't have everything.

EDIT: The tracker so far:

Boston: GE (:puke:)

Brooklyn: Infor (:puke:)

Cleveland: Goodyear (:puke:)

Minnesota: Fitbit (:puke:)

Orlando: Disney (:puke:)

Utah: Five for the Fight (:puke:)

Anyone else I'm forgetting?

Fixed your post.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived