Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

2,417 posts in this topic

Any truth to this? My buddy on Facebook posted these uniforms but I noticed immediately Cleveland is the same so I KNEW they were fake. Besides nothing was posted on the main site either.

Chicago-Bulls-Nike-Uniforms.png

Cleveland-Cavs-Nike-Uniforms1.png

Denver-Nuggets-Nike-Uniforms1.png

But if you Google Nike NBA 2017 uniforms this link comes up.

http://cavaliers.247sports.com/ContentGallery/Graphic-designer-creates-NBA-Nike-uniform-concepts-for-2017-18-53335986

Edit: Nevermind!! False ALARM!!! FAKE!!!!

Found the source as concepts but does he know something we don't?

http://www.iambrianbegley.com/projects/nba-nike-uniform-concepts/

18 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

Any truth to this? My buddy on Facebook posted these uniforms but I noticed immediately Cleveland is the same so I KNEW they were fake. Besides nothing was posted on the main site either.

http://cavaliers.247sports.com/ContentGallery/Graphic-designer-creates-NBA-Nike-uniform-concepts-for-2017-18-53335986

LOL not fake; these are his concepts.  Saw the link over at Uni-Watch over a week ago, I think.  I like his Nuggets rainbow jerseys a lot!

http://www.uni-watch.com/2017/06/16/reading-the-nhl-tea-leaves/

"Brian Begley has been working on a bunch of NBA uniform concepts for the upcoming Nike era. He put his own logo in the ad-patch spot. …"

1 person likes this

Those Bulls concepts are sweet.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

Any truth to this?

Nope and nope.

1 person likes this

Too bad.  The Bulls' road, home, and throwback are SOLID.  All of the Cavaliers' unis (except that last one) is nice, and all of those Nuggets ones (except the black and blue one) are prerogative cool.

8 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

http://www.iambrianbegley.com/projects/nba-nike-uniform-concepts/

He doesn't know anything that we don't. Cleveland is way off.

1 person likes this

Atleast tell us how different the Cavs are. What are we dealing with here? Are we talking piping? Loud numbers? Stupid use of black? The return of the 80's CAVS wordmark for no reason?

44 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Atleast tell us how different the Cavs are. What are we dealing with here? Are we talking piping? Loud numbers? Stupid use of black? The return of the 80's CAVS wordmark for no reason?

Kind of, yes, no, no.

2 people like this

21 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Kind of, yes, no, no.

Loud numbers? hmm I'm gonna guess either larger thick numbers or brightly contrasted in color? or both? lol

@Magic Dynasty

Two questions: 

Does the trim incorporate the three-color pattern used on the 70s uniforms and the LeBron Era I navy alternates?

Which new wordmark is used? CAVS or CAVALIERS?

1 minute ago, CitizenTino said:

@Magic Dynasty

Two questions: 

Does the trim incorporate the three-color pattern used on the 70s uniforms and the LeBron Era I navy alternates?

Which new wordmark is used? CAVS or CAVALIERS?

Sadly, the three-color pattern is nowhere to be seen. Also, it uses CAVS.

1 person likes this

@Magic Dynasty

Is it consistent with any of their previous identities? If so, any hints as to which?

One of the things I find both interesting and aggravating about the Cavs' uniform history is that no two iterations (aside from the brief mid/late-'90s update) are alike. Curious as to whether or not that will be the case here. 

11 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

This wasn't a look I thought I wanted for the Nuggets until just now. I would love it if they went this direction and kept the design consistent across all uniforms. A great balance of old and new, while still looking modern imo

1 person likes this

I was thinking maybe black and ice blue is the way to go for the Nuggets until I realized it's basically an orange short of the dark-ages Cavs, and the Nuggets already used a Cavs color palette (oddly enough, before the Cavs).

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

@Magic Dynasty

Is it consistent with any of their previous identities? If so, any hints as to which?

One of the things I find both interesting and aggravating about the Cavs' uniform history is that no two iterations (aside from the brief mid/late-'90s update) are alike. Curious as to whether or not that will be the case here. 

If anything, it's most consistent to the current set (in the idea that there is only wine and gold on the home), and the LBJ 1.0 uniforms (busy design, but it doesn't really seem busy)  but we haven't really seen anything like it from the franchise.

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

we haven't really seen anything like it from the franchise.

That can only mean one thing: clear side panels.

4 people like this

Dallas is making a slight colour change, darkening the blue a tad if you can't tell.

DDgr1JmUwAEOZ4z.jpg:large

3 people like this

6 hours ago, M4One said:

Dallas is making a slight colour change, darkening the blue a tad if you can't tell.

DDgr1JmUwAEOZ4z.jpg:large

Just change the damn logos already...

10 people like this