NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

On 7/2/2017 at 3:17 AM, colortv said:

Still the best Rockets logo in my opinion

Houston-Rockets-Logo-Vector-758x758.jpg

Yuck.  If that was an NHL logo, it would be ridiculed widely around this site for being a rocket with a frown and angry teeth.  Nothing like winning a couple of NBA titles and then totally blowing up your identity.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

I was about to compliment them for finally refining the lettering and getting rid of the fat-stemmed B, but Then my jaw dropped when I saw the new B is upside down. Can’t believe it.

Oh God dammit WHY lol

3 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I was about to compliment them for finally refining the lettering and getting rid of the fat-stemmed B, but Then my jaw dropped when I saw the new B is upside down. Can’t believe it.

OMG that font is horrible! I only noticed the color and completely missed the awful font change!

8 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I am not sure if it is upside down? From the look of the A, that's just the font? Maybe? The space in the top of the A longer than the bottom. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

6 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

Yea I can officially confirm that the "P + Pacers" logo is dead now. The roundel is the new Global Logo and the 'P' remains the Primary Icon.

Thank god. The rounded isn't anything special but anything beats Ppacers

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

8 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

We must be looking at 2 different things.

NBA Store still has the "P" as the main logo.

http://store.nba.com

Maybe nbashop changed it from earlier?   I didn't see the roundel anywhere on Fanatics...which would presumably use the same logo since it's the same company.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Btw. Count me as fan of the P-acers. But I agree it was time to move forward to an actual "logo".

I'm more partial to any logos like the new one that incorporates the Indiana State outline or something not as dull as a wordmark.

5BwMZe3_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Edit:

@TVIXX and @Conrad. I just realized when I'm on my phone (aka mobile version of nbastore) - the logos shows up differently than the picture you showed above. ?

shado_logo.gif

Pacers were the last team in the league to not have the city name in their primary logo. As of the 2017-18 season, all teams in the NBA will now be conforming to this stupid rule and yes, LAC and OKC count as city names in the logo.

bSLCtu2.png

On 03/07/2017 at 8:47 AM, Survival79 said:

The new modernized font they got right. Good choice.

But a completely blown opportunity to adjust Jerry West's silhouette by lengthening those super short shorts longer to knee length.

The eras clash badly together. 

33 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

The new modernized font they got right. Good choice.

But a completely blown opportunity to adjust Jerry West's silhouette by lengthening those super short shorts longer to knee length.

The eras clash badly together. 

The weird bulginess around the hips/waist of the shorts bothers me more than the length. The ball side makes sense because the hips are rotated and that leg is coming around but the other side should be straighter from the torso since that leg is fully extended. Really if they just disappeared the appearance of any silhouette related to the uniform the whole thing would look better. 

3 minutes ago, gopistons899004 said:

Am I the only one who thinks that the new NBA font is terrible? By the way, I haven't seen this new logo rolled out anywhere in the past few days.

My guess is we won't see it rolled out until after the Summer League.

Archived