Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

2,417 posts in this topic

Go home Suns, you're drunk. 

3 people like this

1 hour ago, JerseyJosh said:

Go home Suns, you're drunk. 

For once, I actually hope something is fake.

3 people like this

Come on Suns why go like that?

2 people like this

6 hours ago, Maximus89 said:

I've been adamant about only wanting the red and yellow classic look for a rebrand, but i've given in and realize there are so many teens and early to mid 20's people who just don't recognize that as the Houston Rockets at all even though it was the Rockets look for 25 years of their existence and back to back championship glory. 

Thank you. It's been long due NBA-wide.

With that being said, the jersey changes they've been doing now (the addition and basically switching to that black and grey sets) have been awful. I've said it before and I'll say ot again - stay to that original Yao/T-Mac brand, it has been one of the most iconic looks in the league with a correspondingly simple, smart and iconic logo.

Btw, those Raptors' side-panel changes don't do anything for me. Didn't like the chevrons already in the previous sets, for that matter. A lateral move.

Suns white and black jersey were alright, but this is their best one, top 5 all time NBA uniform imo

DC0dpUqXUAAFf6O.jpg

Chuck+and+MJ.png

5 people like this

11 minutes ago, JJ_PR said:

Are these real? They look awesome.

FB_IMG_1498467420594.jpg

Not real.

1 person likes this

59 minutes ago, JJ_PR said:

Are these real? They look awesome.

FB_IMG_1498467420594.jpg

An okay concept, but really the white, gold and wine jerseys aren't much different than what they wear now. 

1 person likes this

Thanks guys. Have you guys seen these? I'd buy them in a hearbeat.

14582917557_a59e2d39d3_o.png

29 minutes ago, JJ_PR said:

Thanks guys. Have you guys seen these? I'd buy them in a hearbeat.

14582917557_a59e2d39d3_o.png

That would be good as an alternate, but it's another concept. 

1 person likes this

Not to mention, Cleveland isnt a city with a really distinct skyline. So I'm not sure why you'd put it front and center (and sublimated!) on all of your jerseys? 

7 people like this

2 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

An okay concept, but really the white, gold and wine jerseys aren't much different than what they wear now. 

Which is why it's so damn nice.  Do this Cavs!  And have the best look in the league, even with that terrible black jersey with the different stripes on each side.

Just now, OnWis97 said:

Which is why it's so damn nice.  Do this Cavs!  And have the best look in the league, even with that terrible black jersey with the different stripes on each side.

Many of the subtle details with Brian Begley's Cavs concept really irk me:

-the solid color waistbands sans matching striping on the white home, wine away, and yellow alternate are inconsistent and boring

-the wine 'C' belt buckle logos on the wine waistbands of the white home and yellow alternate get lost

-the 'C' sword logos on the shorts of the white home, wine away, and yellow alternate are the same color as the shorts and get lost

-the white Nike swooshes on the wine away clash badly

Still a good, well-executed concept as well as entire series, but I wouldn't say it's great let alone the best look in the League.

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, Lights Out said:

The half-assed attempt at a "sunburst" was arguably the worst part of their current uniforms - either that or the butt stripes. If they're unwilling to do it right, then they're better off not doing it at all.

Eh.  Even a half-azzed sunburst is better than no sunburst. 

40 minutes ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

Many of the subtle details with Brian Begley's Cavs concept really irk me:

-the solid color waistbands sans matching striping on the white home, wine away, and yellow alternate are inconsistent and boring

-the wine 'C' belt buckle logos on the wine waistbands of the white home and yellow alternate get lost

-the 'C' sword logos on the shorts of the white home, wine away, and yellow alternate are the same color as the shorts and get lost

-the white Nike swooshes on the wine away clash badly

Still a good, well-executed concept as well as entire series, but I wouldn't say it's great let alone the best look in the League.

These are pretty minor details*...which of course is what we love to talk about on this board!  But I honestly was not doing that; I was just drooling at the general look.

• I don't mind the waist bands (which appear to have subtle stripes).  A yellow/wine pattern would be nice though.
  • The belt-buckle "C" probably should be contrasting on those two...good point.
  • Same with the "C" on the shorts. I actually have more tolerance for outlined letters that are the same color as the uniform (e.g., red Angels jersey) than most...in fact, I actually like the white shorts here.  But down there on the shorts, the contrast is probably needed if they want the logo to be noticed.
  • I am not seeing the issue with the swoosh on the yellow uniform.

For me, it's about going with the wine and yellow scheme.  I'd take all of those flaws if it meant they'd use the wine and yellow, dump the blue and rarely use a black jersey.  That said, doing that while making improvements to the first three bullets, would make it even better.

*Actually, I anticipate being told that these details are not minor...but I was definitely "big picture" here.

The only good uniforms the Suns ever had:

Related image  Image result for phoenix suns walter davis

8 people like this

16 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

These are pretty minor details*...which of course is what we love to talk about on this board!  But I honestly was not doing that; I was just drooling at the general look.

• I don't mind the waist bands (which appear to have subtle stripes).  A yellow/wine pattern would be nice though.
  • The belt-buckle "C" probably should be contrasting on those two...good point.
  • Same with the "C" on the shorts. I actually have more tolerance for outlined letters that are the same color as the uniform (e.g., red Angels jersey) than most...in fact, I actually like the white shorts here.  But down there on the shorts, the contrast is probably needed if they want the logo to be noticed.
  • I am not seeing the issue with the swoosh on the yellow uniform.

For me, it's about going with the wine and yellow scheme.  I'd take all of those flaws if it meant they'd use the wine and yellow, dump the blue and rarely use a black jersey.  That said, doing that while making improvements to the first three bullets, would make it even better.

*Actually, I anticipate being told that these details are not minor...but I was definitely "big picture" here.

I'm personally not a huge fan of their wine and yellow color scheme, but I respect your appreciation for it and agree that it looks a lot better without the navy and with minimal black. The details, whether minor or major or somewhere in between, aren't deal-breakers, but rather just important tweaks I think could help push them into the category of best looks in the League!