Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

2,417 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Survival79 said:

1 is the B as displayed in the logo; 2 is the B vertically flipped.

WazWEIB.gif

I still don't think it's upside down. Look at the layout of the N and A. The top of the letters are longer than the bottom. It's just the font. 

1 person likes this

Watching NBA Summer League on ESPN..they are using the new NBA logo on the video graphics packages, and it's on the logos on the court.

Doesn't look bad.

Not a fan of this logo update...the font doesn't look attractive IMO, but I guess I'll have to open up to it.

I did do a mockup of how it most likely will affect the TNT logo. Not a perfect Paint job, but I did it nonetheless. It's a meh for me

Capture.PNG

1 person likes this

The new logo translates poorly to the NBA TV logo. It looks like someone made an error in photoshop.

New:

0Ykmk4ep_400x400.jpg

Old:

494px-NBA_TV.svg.png

It's really fixing something that wasn't broken.

12 people like this

How long did they have the old one? 40 years? It never looked outdated.

1 person likes this

I actually prefer the old blue

1 person likes this

Unnecessary change, font is quite ugly. Silver, what the f..k are you doing?

If anything the new font looks "older" than the old one

7 people like this

Yea the new one looks dated.

Nothing was wrong with the old logo at all.

Why are they making all the blues darker(Mavs too)?

Nike. The teams are adapting to Nike's colour books.

2 people like this

Old wordmarks vs current. I dont want to be THAT guy who complains about the way logos, fonts, courts, jerseys are going but to ME they are going down hill. someone has to agree? If you think the new wordmarks are better, that is ok. my main point is they are ALL SO BASIC. the only new one i like more is the new orleans pelicans, that is an amazing colors and it fits into new orleans culture real well. I want to do a side by side of jerseys next. LOGO DESIGN IS GETTING MORE AND MORE BASIC. times have changed. whoever told me to keep my 90s ideas in the 90s! I WILL NEVER! Long live great design!

logos.jpg

12 people like this

On 7/9/2017 at 9:57 AM, jmatt116 said:

Old wordmarks vs current. I dont want to be THAT guy who complains about the way logos, fonts, courts, jerseys are going but to ME they are going down hill. someone has to agree? If you think the new wordmarks are better, that is ok. my main point is they are ALL SO BASIC. the only new one i like more is the new orleans pelicans, that is an amazing colors and it fits into new orleans culture real well. I want to do a side by side of jerseys next. LOGO DESIGN IS GETTING MORE AND MORE BASIC. times have changed. whoever told me to keep my 90s ideas in the 90s! I WILL NEVER! Long live great design!

logos.jpg

You got me excited with your inclusion of the Sonics wordmark. I was all like, did they get a new wordmark? Are they coming back from the dead??

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, jmatt116 said:

logos.jpg

giphy.jpg

I feel the Same way!!! It looks like our precious logos have just come out of drug rehab.

1 person likes this

I feel the exact opposite. I think the majority of the old wordmarks are dated wonky custom fonts, then new ones look much more professional and legible at a glance. 

17 people like this

5 minutes ago, duma said:

I feel like we've already gone over this several times in this thread. They're just concepts by @Max Sang, and therefore not real at all. The old wordmark for the Blazers should immediately give that away yet there are still quite a few people who've questioned whether they're real or not...

9 people like this

3 hours ago, dont care said:

I feel the exact opposite. I think the majority of the old wordmarks are dated wonky custom fonts, then new ones look much more professional and legible at a glance. 

yes they dont look professional but they are fun. do you want the whole NBA to use times new roman, calibri, and garamond? you get professional and legible or creative and fun, you cannot have both

1 minute ago, jmatt116 said:

yes they dont look professional but they are fun. do you want the whole NBA to use times new roman, calibri, and garamond? you get professional and legible or creative and fun, you cannot have both

Sure you can. 

3 people like this