NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

When Nike takes over this upcoming season, there will be no labels to uniforms, this means no home, away, alternate uniforms. Each uniform will be equal and can be worn anywhere as many times or as little as the team wants. Teams will of course have to coordinate to make sure no same colour match ups happen.

Nike-NBA-logo_original.jpg

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, the_Raptors_king said:

When Nike takes over this upcoming season, there will be no labels to uniforms, this means no home, away, alternate uniforms. Each uniform will be equal and can be worn anywhere as many times or as little as the team wants. Teams will of course have to coordinate to make sure no same colour match ups happen.

Sources?

33 minutes ago, the_Raptors_king said:

truth.

39 minutes ago, the_Raptors_king said:

I can get behind a world where the Bulls wear red nearly full time (Knicks in blue, Lakers in yellow, Spurs in black, etc). If this is a thing I just hope that teams strongly recognized by a certain look go that way heavily. It would be an interesting test of how well the franchises know themselves. Do the Rockets know that they should be wearing red as much as possible? Would the Heat all but jettison their white uniforms?

40 minutes ago, the_Raptors_king said:

Interesting. I guess it's pretty much been a free-for-all the last few years anyway, so this just makes it official if true. It's certainly no longer been the David Stern era of strict uniform/logo rules.

I'm pretty confident that most teams, especially the flagship franchises, will still wear their traditional home and away uniforms most of the time. Can't imagine the Lakers ever wearing their purple uniforms at home, for one. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

31 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

I'm pretty confident that most teams, especially the flagship franchises, will still wear their traditional home and away uniforms most of the time. Can't imagine the Lakers ever wearing their purple uniforms at home, for one. 

xunri9gabhifhz2esdw2eh91y.gif

so long and thanks for all the fish.

I would love to see more Color vs. Color matchups. And, please, no road teams wearing their white jerseys. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, RichO said:

I can get behind a world where the Bulls wear red nearly full time (Knicks in blue, Lakers in yellow, Spurs in black, etc). If this is a thing I just hope that teams strongly recognized by a certain look go that way heavily. It would be an interesting test of how well the franchises know themselves. Do the Rockets know that they should be wearing red as much as possible? Would the Heat all but jettison their white uniforms?

Definitely Celtics wearing green and Clippers invariably wearing garbage.

4 hours ago, the_Raptors_king said:

I'm gonna take a risk and #trustyou on this, but to have a jersey schedule, there will need to labels for uniforms, right?  If a team, say Miami, has two white uniforms, will it be "White 1" and "White 2"?  Or maybe "Uniform 1" and "Uniform 3"?  Based on this info, it can't be "Home 1" and "Alt 1".  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

I'm gonna take a risk and #trustyou on this, but to have a jersey schedule, there will need to labels for uniforms, right?  If a team, say Miami, has two white uniforms, will it be "White 1" and "White 2"?  Or maybe "Uniform 1" and "Uniform 3"?  Based on this info, it can't be "Home 1" and "Alt 1".  

You dont have to have a jersey schedule

2 hours ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

You dont have to have a jersey schedule

It helps to have some sort of plan in an 82-game season.  Especially when other teams are involved.  Not to mention alternates are usually chosen for selected games well in advance...so there are hints of a jersey schedule.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 hours ago, the_Raptors_king said:

I'm tempted to call "wolf" or "source" again but we all know what happened last time @the_Raptors_king posted some info.

He's probably looking like this guy now

sport-baseball-base-ball-ego-big_ego-smb

shado_logo.gif

One thing I sure want to see less of is teams wearing road throwbacks at home. Seems like it shouldn't be that big a deal, but it drives me crazy. It usually ends up looking really off and awkward.

Case in point: the season Toronto wore their purple '95 roads as an alternate, they wore them at home once against the Heat. The Heat wore their regular homes. Toronto's court is accented with only red and black, no purple. Guess who looked like the home team and who looked like the visitor.

If you're going to wear a throwback and want to wear them at home, wear the home white version (or gold if you're the Lakers or Warriors). If you insist on it being a colored road  one though, wear it on the road. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I won't say whether or not there is merit to that news, but that graphic is using the old NBA logo (which is being rolled out oddly), so that is the only thing off..that and its just a picture and a comment, no link or headline or anything.

11 hours ago, the_Raptors_king said:

Sure, why not. We know who´s gonna win anyway.

Might as well make the uniforms random.

5 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

One thing I sure want to see less of is teams wearing road throwbacks at home. Seems like it shouldn't be that big a deal, but it drives me crazy. It usually ends up looking really off and awkward.

Case in point: the season Toronto wore their purple '95 roads as an alternate, they wore them at home once against the Heat. The Heat wore their regular homes. Toronto's court is accented with only red and black, no purple. Guess who looked like the home team and who looked like the visitor.

If you're going to wear a throwback and want to wear them at home, wear the home white version (or gold if you're the Lakers or Warriors). If you insist on it being a colored road  one though, wear it on the road. 

This.  Those years the Lakers wore their blue throwbacks they literally wore their blue throwbacks at home.  Does it cost that much to make true white home throwbacks?

On the flip side, when the Celtics (and Knicks) wore their white throwbacks at home, the Lakers wore their GOLD throwbacks as the road team.  I consider that  blasphemous.  Stop being cheap and get the correct uniform!

IMG_5171.JPG

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

Archived