NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

2 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

This.  Those years the Lakers wore their blue throwbacks they literally wore their blue throwbacks at home.  Does it cost that much to make true white home throwbacks?

On the flip side, when the Celtics (and Knicks) wore their white throwbacks at home, the Lakers wore their GOLD throwbacks as the road team.  I consider that  blasphemous.  Stop being cheap and get the correct uniform!

IMG_5171.JPG

It's not being cheap, it's just fans are more likely to buy colored jerseys (and in lakers cases yellow jerseys)

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, the_Raptors_king said:

When Nike takes over this upcoming season, there will be no labels to uniforms, this means no home, away, alternate uniforms. Each uniform will be equal and can be worn anywhere as many times or as little as the team wants. Teams will of course have to coordinate to make sure no same colour match ups happen.

Then why, when I was getting inside access to NBA Live 18, was the default Warriors at Cavs matchup blue vs white?

ExJworW.png

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Then why, when I was getting inside access to NBA Live 18, was the default Warriors at Cavs matchup blue vs white?

That could be a default setting in the coding, and NBA Live developers may not have had the no-label info.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 minutes ago, tajmccall said:

Taking the Soccer approach is a fantastic idea.  I love the idea of the Lakers Celtics always being yellow/green.

Yellow/green matchup in Boston would just look awkward.  

11 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

I won't say whether or not there is merit to that news, but that graphic is using the old NBA logo (which is being rolled out oddly), so that is the only thing off..that and its just a picture and a comment, no link or headline or anything.

Due to long-lead manufacturing timelines, team uniforms, apparel and equipment for the 2017-18 NBA season will include the original NBA logo.

https://www.nba.com/amp/league/article/2017/07/06/first-look-nbas-refreshed-logo-2017-18-season

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

22 minutes ago, tajmccall said:

Taking the Soccer approach is a fantastic idea.  I love the idea of the Lakers Celtics always being yellow/green.

Count me as one of those who, despite tradition, thinks that the Lakers would look better in white than gold. I know it'll never happen but I really think it'd be an improvement for the Lakers. That's not to say that the gold uniforms are bad because they're one of the most iconic looks in the league but the Lakers have one of the best white uniforms in the league. The white with the gold and purple trim is sharp.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1 hour ago, Survival79 said:

Due to long-lead manufacturing timelines, team uniforms, apparel and equipment for the 2017-18 NBA season will include the original NBA logo.

https://www.nba.com/amp/league/article/2017/07/06/first-look-nbas-refreshed-logo-2017-18-season

I'm still trying to find the benefit of this new logo.  The league could revert back to the old logo and only people like us would know about it.

2 hours ago, tajmccall said:

As some one who considers the Lakers purple unis there best I would definitely be against seeing only green vs yellow. I do like the soccer color vs color approach for the nba just not with these two teams. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

Twitter user @DodgerGoonerIV tweeted at Paul Lukas earlier saying he had this ad for the Kings' Golden 1 Center app come up on Snapchat:IMG_6113.thumb.JPG.d4404309ec79427da27d74cc8656a4f1.JPG

IMG_6112.thumb.JPG.1a977d2eed738ac0c67e72a709a0e50e.JPGObviously take it with a grain of salt, but if the jersey mockup is legitimate, then it looks like the Kings are switching to a regular v-neck collar, and the crown logo below the collar is now gone. The side stripes also appear to cut off towards the bottom, likely because of the cut of the jersey. The front numbers also appear slightly larger, but that could easily just be an error in the mockup.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, masterchaoss said:

As some one who considers the Lakers purple unis there best I would definitely be against seeing only green vs yellow. I do like the soccer color vs color approach for the nba just not with these two teams. 

I think of the Celtics in white first. There aren't many teams where my mind goes first to their whites- but Boston is the main one then GSW, maybe Washington and the Nets. If the Hawks went full 80s inspired, I'd favor the whites there too. Otherwise, I think of teams in their customary road colors mostly.

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Twitter user @DodgerGoonerIV tweeted at Paul Lukas earlier saying he had this ad for the Kings' Golden 1 Center app come up on Snapchat:IMG_6113.thumb.JPG.d4404309ec79427da27d74cc8656a4f1.JPG

IMG_6112.thumb.JPG.1a977d2eed738ac0c67e72a709a0e50e.JPGObviously take it with a grain of salt, but if the jersey mockup is legitimate, then it looks like the Kings are switching to a regular v-neck collar, and the crown logo below the collar is now gone. The side stripes also appear to cut off towards the bottom, likely because of the cut of the jersey. The front numbers also appear slightly larger, but that could easily just be an error in the mockup.

Since the jersey will be tucked in you won't see the cut off stripes on the jersey, only on fans wearing retail versions and we don't know if they will even have the same cut. 

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

This looks like an early draft of the ad. Things look drawn on, unfinished, etc. Must have been some technical glitch that sent it out. Definitely not ready for release.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Archived