Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

2,482 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

I won't deny that it happened, be it Melo or any other player. I've just never seen players holding throwbacks at introductory press conferences before.

Yep him and Chauncey wore throwback warm-ups at their introductory press conference with Stoudamire. I also believe it was because they were going to wear their throwbacks in their first game with the team. The press conference and the game were the same day.

Very hard as a Pistons fans to see Chauncey go to those other teams.

109383252.jpg

2 people like this

Maybe Millsap personally requested it? It would be odd if they were like "Here buddy we just went with the rainbow jersey for ya. Hold it up and smile!"

11 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

Maybe Millsap personally requested it? It would be odd if they were like "Here buddy we just went with the rainbow jersey for ya. Hold it up and smile!"

Well it would be just as weird for Millsap to say "hey I want the white rainbow throwback for my introduction" lol

5 people like this

23 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

Considering the coordination that has to be made before hand in gonna have to say it was the teams decision and at most said "hey is this ok?" 

4 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

Well it would be just as weird for Millsap to say "hey I want the white rainbow throwback for my introduction" lol

There's nothing in this article that states it, but I wonder if the decision was made because of his connection with the city as a kid?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20012487/paul-millsap-denver-nuggets-signing-brings-back-roots

2 people like this

Is this a team in Ice Cube's new league?

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, KJTALBOT said:

Is this a team in Ice Cube's new league?

Not sure what you are talking about, but no regardless of what it is.

2 hours ago, dont care said:

Not sure what you are talking about, but no regardless of what it is.

You must have been in a coma but @KJTALBOT  is referring to the BIG3. Which is a 3 on 3 Pro League with professional & former NBA players.

Ice Cube is in charge of it.

631496556.jpg

1 person likes this

It's pretty much the Lakers serifed font, except the two doesn't have the angle in it.

1 hour ago, Shadojoker said:

You must have been in a coma but @KJTALBOT  is referring to the BIG3. Which is a 3 on 3 Pro League with professional & former NBA players.

Ice Cube is in charge of it.

631496556.jpg

I knew the league he was talking about, I didn't know what TEAM he was talking about. Regardless we weren't discussing it.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, dont care said:

I knew the league he was talking about, I didn't know what TEAM he was talking about. Regardless we weren't discussing it.

You definitely wasn't clear about it above. But since we are on the same page..im trying to figure out which Big3 team he might be talking about too! 🤔🤔

what the hell is the deal with this pic? Jordan never wore a pinstripe-less black jersey, did he? don't understand why they'd photoshop this

jordanblackjersey.jpg

11 minutes ago, jordub said:

what the hell is the deal with this pic? Jordan never wore a pinstripe-less black jersey, did he? don't understand why they'd photoshop this

jordanblackjersey.jpg

The Bulls wore those uniforms in '97/98:

IMG_6178.JPG.0060de4816ba39070b170d008149b73d.JPG

8 people like this

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

The Bulls wore those uniforms in '97/98:

IMG_6178.JPG.0060de4816ba39070b170d008149b73d.JPG

One of my favorite "gawty,busy" uniforms of all time...too much going on but hey they won 72 games that year!

chi-bulls-black-pinstripe-620x620.jpg

It's a shame we never saw them break out these..

1eQOPJG_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

4 people like this

Jordan and Pippen hated the way the material felt with the pinstripes, so the Bulls removed them as soon as they possibly could.

5 people like this

1 hour ago, Discogod said:

Jordan and Pippen hated the way the material felt with the pinstripes, so the Bulls removed them as soon as they possibly could.

I've never heard about this. Interesting.

3 people like this

I still think the pinstripes are the best alternate the Bulls ever had. In theory it probably shouldn't have worked, but it turned out so good. The ones they've had since have ranged from okay to good, but none of them are as interesting or memorable as the pinstripes.

4 people like this

3 hours ago, Discogod said:

As I recall, half of their 8 road losses from that season occurred while wearing the pinstriped alternates.

Magic, Sonics, Suns, and Knicks are the opponents that I can confirm since I've seen actual game footage of those 4 road games. I believe the other 4 road losses (Raptors, Heat, Pacers, and Nuggets) occurred while wearing their red primaries.

I also liked the pinstripes for the Bulls. They were a nice touch that added some visual interest to the look.

Even if you don't like them, you have to admit, the Bulls have done far worse over the years as far as black alternates are concerned. I mean, yikes:

cQ1YZrk.jpg

1v3aXug.jpg

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Discogod said:

The pinstripes are sublimated in, though, right?  Seems like it was more of superstition thing because they lost a number of games in them.