NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's pretty much the Lakers serifed font, except the two doesn't have the angle in it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, Shadojoker said:

You must have been in a coma but @KJTALBOT  is referring to the BIG3. Which is a 3 on 3 Pro League with professional & former NBA players.

Ice Cube is in charge of it.

631496556.jpg

I knew the league he was talking about, I didn't know what TEAM he was talking about. Regardless we weren't discussing it.

2 hours ago, dont care said:

I knew the league he was talking about, I didn't know what TEAM he was talking about. Regardless we weren't discussing it.

You definitely wasn't clear about it above. But since we are on the same page..im trying to figure out which Big3 team he might be talking about too! ??

shado_logo.gif

11 minutes ago, jordub said:

what the hell is the deal with this pic? Jordan never wore a pinstripe-less black jersey, did he? don't understand why they'd photoshop this

jordanblackjersey.jpg

The Bulls wore those uniforms in '97/98:

IMG_6178.JPG.0060de4816ba39070b170d008149b73d.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I still think the pinstripes are the best alternate the Bulls ever had. In theory it probably shouldn't have worked, but it turned out so good. The ones they've had since have ranged from okay to good, but none of them are as interesting or memorable as the pinstripes.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

3 hours ago, Discogod said:

Jordan and Pippen hated the way the material felt with the pinstripes, so the Bulls removed them as soon as they possibly could.

As I recall, half of their 8 road losses from that season occurred while wearing the pinstriped alternates.

Magic, Sonics, Suns, and Knicks are the opponents that I can confirm since I've seen actual game footage of those 4 road games. I believe the other 4 road losses (Raptors, Heat, Pacers, and Nuggets) occurred while wearing their red primaries.

4 hours ago, Discogod said:

Jordan and Pippen hated the way the material felt with the pinstripes, so the Bulls removed them as soon as they possibly could.

The pinstripes are sublimated in, though, right?  Seems like it was more of superstition thing because they lost a number of games in them.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 hours ago, Discogod said:

I remember reading about this. Can't remember where.  I like to think it was Slam Magazine but I can't be sure.  I didn't used to like the pinstriped black jerseys but without the red pinstripes they actually look awful.

Somewhere on fb I just saw a screen shot of Lebron in the black Cavs jersey which I assume is the new away. By the time I checked here to see if anyone posted it, saw no one had, and went back so I can grab a screenshot -- it disappeared. 

Rookie mistake - my bad. Fwiw I don't hate it as much as I thought I would from the description. 

7 minutes ago, JerseyJosh said:

Somewhere on fb I just saw a screen shot of Lebron in the black Cavs jersey which I assume is the new away. By the time I checked here to see if anyone posted it, saw no one had, and went back so I can grab a screenshot -- it disappeared. 

Rookie mistake - my bad. Fwiw I don't hate it as much as I thought I would from the description. 

This one?

IMG_3726.JPG

11 minutes ago, JerseyJosh said:

Might you be talking about this one?

IMG_6167.JPG.23f321de0b2378a819db2824cc597256.JPG

If so, it's just someone's concept on 2k.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

13 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

One of my favorite "gawty,busy" uniforms of all time...too much going on but hey they won 72 games that year!

72 wins was two years prior where the stripes versions debuted.

They 'slumped' to only 62 wins in Jordans last year with solid black.

a23ffc3d5faffbce01d1eac51bc31bdc.jpg

Archived