NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

41 minutes ago, Derek94 said:

72 wins was two years prior where the stripes versions debuted.

They 'slumped' to only 62 wins in Jordans last year with solid black.

a23ffc3d5faffbce01d1eac51bc31bdc.jpg

Something doesn't make sense.  72 wins was in 1995-96.  This Jordan (clearly wearing pinstripes) vs. Kobe clearly wasn't 95-96, and judging by the gold NBA patch, it was 96-97.  So how many years did the pinstripes last?

I think 95-96 (72 wins) = red and white

96-97 = red, white, and black pinstripes

97-98 = red, white, and black with no pinstripes.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Derek94 said:

72 wins was two years prior where the stripes versions debuted.

They 'slumped' to only 62 wins in Jordans last year with solid black.

a23ffc3d5faffbce01d1eac51bc31bdc.jpg

57 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Something doesn't make sense.  72 wins was in 1995-96.  This Jordan (clearly wearing pinstripes) vs. Kobe clearly wasn't 95-96, and judging by the gold NBA patch, it was 96-97.  So how many years did the pinstripes last?

I think 95-96 (72 wins) = red and white

96-97 = red, white, and black pinstripes

97-98 = red, white, and black with no pinstripes.

The black pinstriped uniforms debuted in '95/96, with the regularly colored NBA logo, and were then worn again in '96/97, except with the gold NBA logo for the league's 50th anniversary. They switched to the non-pinstriped (and greatly inferior) versions for '97/98, and those only lasted for that one season. Sadly, every new regular black alt they've introduced since '97/98 have been devoid of pinstripes, despite their enormous popularity for the two seasons they were worn, and still today.

'95/96:

IMG_6184.thumb.JPG.8cea177ebab1aba91fd94c2534d08882.JPG

'96/97:

IMG_6185.JPG.09135c5bdfbd0d7df6bdecacda3f8067.JPG

'97/98:

IMG_6178.JPG.6d2385a720688751e8df5bb33e7ffb0d.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

13 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The black pinstriped uniforms debuted in '95/96, with the regularly colored NBA logo, and were then worn again in '96/97, except with the gold NBA logo for the league's 50th anniversary. They switched to the non-pinstriped (and greatly inferior) versions for '97/98, and those only lasted for that one season. Sadly, every new regular black alt they've introduced since '97/98 have been devoid of pinstripes, despite their enormous popularity for the two seasons they were worn, and still today.

'95/96:

But if the material irritated Jordan and Pippen so much, it's odd they continued to wear them multiple occasions the second year.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

13 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

The 96/97 picture still has the pinstripes. Look closely at Jordan's left leg. It's still there. 

Did you not read what I said? I said the pinstriped uniforms were still worn in '96/97...

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

14 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

As I recall, half of their 8 road losses from that season occurred while wearing the pinstriped alternates.

Magic, Sonics, Suns, and Knicks are the opponents that I can confirm since I've seen actual game footage of those 4 road games. I believe the other 4 road losses (Raptors, Heat, Pacers, and Nuggets) occurred while wearing their red primaries.

i heard that the pacers beat them twice that year, could be wrong

25 minutes ago, okcsooner35 said:

Additional confirmation from an OKC scribe that the Thunder are dropping the Sunset "OKC" alternate. Additionally, looks like the Thunder are adding two alternates next year to complement their white home and Oklahoma blue away.

thunder.PNG

Man...the sunset unis are my favorite of their current set.

Would be cool to see a navy uni with predominantly-orange accents (and a little white thrown in as well). Let's hope there won't be a yellow alternate uni, lol.

44 minutes ago, okcsooner35 said:

Additional confirmation from an OKC scribe that the Thunder are dropping the Sunset "OKC" alternate. Additionally, looks like the Thunder are adding two alternates next year to complement their white home and Oklahoma blue away.

thunder.PNG

I'd imagine thats either a second white and an orange or a second navy and an orange...

YVRMUBj.png

52 minutes ago, jmatt116 said:

You guys go 3 pages with the Bulls pinstripe and nobody mentions this? These are my ALL TIME favorite NBA jerseys any era! The Font! The colors! The team wasnt half bad too! 

tumblr_nmy66n56at1sbxj8ao1_r1_500.jpg

The only acceptable NBA pinstripes.

50 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

That collar drives me nuts, but it's an easy fix.

Untitled.png

SO...MANY...STRIPES...OF...DIFFERENT...WEIGHTS...

While the Miller era jerseys embodied 90s Striping (and probably rightfully stayed there,) this was such a downgrade for me from the FloJo jerseys.

I see why many like them, because they combine many different basketball uniform elements that work.

But they mashed like 4 of them together, which was a visual equivalent of mixing 4 different fountain sodas.

Archived