NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

So my understanding is that now a team can designate any jersey to be their "Home", and then the "Away" is just which jersey the other team wants to wear that contrasts. So if The Celtics chose green as their "Home" jersey, Chicago could go with either red or white when visiting Boston.

If the Celtics chose white as their "Home", Chicago could go with either red or black.

As a fan of color matchups, I really hope teams pick a color jersey as their "Home".

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, insert name said:

I don't like this "teams can choose to wear whatever they want at home". I know it probably gonna lead to a bad same color vs color confusing matchup.

The away team has to choose a contrasting colored jersey, with 4 jerseys that shouldn't be a problem

4 minutes ago, insert name said:

I don't like this "teams can choose to wear whatever they want at home". I know it probably gonna lead to a bad same color vs color confusing matchup.

Will there be some sort of clearinghouse for uniform matchups? Don't want an NBA version of this:

Defense-lg.jpg

7 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Will there be some sort of clearinghouse for uniform matchups? Don't want an NBA version of this:

Defense-lg.jpg

We already have ...

EDIT: @mattb6 beat me too it.

knicks-hawks.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Road teams will probably just have to bring two, or in some cases three sets of uniforms on road trips so they're covered regardless of what uniforms the home teams elect to wear. For example, if the Blazers had to go to either Houston, Chicago, or Toronto on a road trip, they'd probably have to bring their white uniforms in case one of those teams elected to wear black or red at home. Or they could probably even get away with just packing their red and black uniforms most of the time. It honestly won't be that different from what it has been. A lot of teams already packed multiple sets of uniforms for road trips, and if anything there will now just have to be more communication between the teams to make sure the road teams have a uniform packed that provides sufficient contrast from the home team's selection.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 minute ago, BJ Sands said:

Ugh. The NBA really needs to make sure that doesn't happen again. 

Well, the Knicks did when they shelved the orange alts. But, yeah, I agree. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

17 minutes ago, dont care said:

The away team has to choose a contrasting colored jersey, with 4 jerseys that shouldn't be a problem

Couldn't they do that anyway in the old system?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

30 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

IMG_6262.thumb.PNG.7ab13fbf6e99c66dec74c8499ccb38b9.PNGIMG_6260.thumb.PNG.03fdb9f6ced11bb8a846147447ed43f8.PNGIMG_6259.thumb.PNG.8ff1b20f170a5dbf0e5f68ae8c7bbda0.PNGIMG_6261.thumb.PNG.1c5b9762ad5b6b718c33296d541293d9.PNGIMG_6258.thumb.PNG.29f4661b6afd9364eb6b0c5c96a5a9b3.PNG

There's a lot of talk about seams and hems designed to allevaite irritation, but is it a big deal when 99% of the players wear padded undergarments?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It said that all 30 teams will have white "association: jerseys.  I take it this means that the Lakers' exemption to wear a gold home/"association" jersey is over?

My guesses

Lakers - white association, gold icon, purple athlete, black community ("Hollywood Nights" set).

Cavaliers - white association, wine icon, navy blue athlete, black community (color they wore when they won the title), I could see them try to get on the "classic" rotation as often as possible with one of their early home jerseys to keep gold in the rotation.

So nothing's stopping the Warriors from choosing yellow as their home/association jersey from now on?  They wanted to some years back, and the NBA wouldn't allow them to IIRC and now they're free to do as they please.

5 minutes ago, Cleveland Fan said:

It said that all 30 teams will have white "association: jerseys.  I take it this means that the Lakers' exemption to wear a gold home/"association" jersey is over?

My guesses

Lakers - white association, gold icon, purple athlete, black community ("Hollywood Nights" set).

Cavaliers - white association, wine icon, navy blue athlete, black community (color they wore when they won the title), I could see them try to get on the "classic" rotation as often as possible with one of their early home jerseys to keep gold in the rotation.

Hopefully the classic will be the blue Los Angles uniform

Archived